Treasure Hunter
4821 posts

Re: I have the most bestest solution to kill stealing.

Sep 15, 2013

Jacko_the_lad wrote:

As long as the person you've downed gets killed, does it really matter?

(The answer is no, by the way).

I couldn't care less, however there are others who disagree. A good point is that you don't get the supplies you could thanks to your teammate. Your potentially missing out on 75 points out of 175. It's a pretty big difference.

tlousig2
Message 11 of 23 (327 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4068 posts

Sep 15, 2013
My solution is to never look at the leaderboards. I could care less about the meta game. And since fake KDRs are made by kill stealers and stat quitters, I just don't look at my stats anymore. Go ahead random guy on my team. Ride my arse and finish my kill. If that's what you gotta do to feel good.I just want the win. But then again, that isn't a stat that is even recorded.

Stats... Irrelevant
Meta game.... Irrelevant

Just have fun
Message 12 of 23 (285 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4821 posts

Sep 16, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
My solution is to never look at the leaderboards. I could care less about the meta game. And since fake KDRs are made by kill stealers and stat quitters, I just don't look at my stats anymore. Go ahead random guy on my team. Ride my arse and finish my kill. If that's what you gotta do to feel good.I just want the win. But then again, that isn't a stat that is even recorded.

Stats... Irrelevant
Meta game.... Irrelevant

Just have fun

Supplies that are stolen from you in a match, not so pointless. That's an upgrade or ammo that you can't buy, which is very relevant.

tlousig2
Message 13 of 23 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6966 posts

Sep 16, 2013

It would be a big deal if executions actually gave a lot of parts, but they don't really.

Besides I believe it's still beneficial for the team as a whole if 2 people benefit from 1 kill as opposed to just 1 guy. You both get ammo and both get parts/supplies for taking out 1 guy together.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 14 of 23 (217 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Sep 16, 2013

Fakehound wrote:

Supplies that are stolen from you in a match, not so pointless. That's an upgrade or ammo that you can't buy, which is very relevant.

But members of your team can, so that's good.  Plus, maybe they do a special execution and use collectr and booster, so thety get +30% what you would?    

Team game.

Message 15 of 23 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4068 posts

Sep 16, 2013
What if the execution only counted as a lost respawn. It doesn't reward anyone with parts. It doesn't count toward kills on the leaderboards. But it's still the way,to actually win the game. Maybe then no one cares about stealing them or if they have them stolen.
Message 16 of 23 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4821 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2013

Shiny_Pony_ wrote:

Fakehound wrote:

But members of your team can, so that's good.  Plus, maybe they do a special execution and use collectr and booster, so thety get +30% what you would?    

Team game.

Again, it goes both ways. You could be using collector and you have your execution stolen. My solution fixes the problem. Teammate gets parts/supplies/ammo, and so do you, only you get the KDR credit since you downed them. Teamwork is still encouraged and less frustration comes out of it. The only 'negative' is for people purposefully stealing kills to boost their KDR.

This way:

Pros: 

Properly encourages teamwork.

Rewards both players with supplies/ammo/parts for the execution.

Prevents boosting KDR and unsportsman-like conduct.

Cons: There aren't any. 

tlousig2
Message 17 of 23 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3505 posts

Sep 17, 2013

the best solution is to remove leaderboards, play the game for fun, not for some statistics, so if Naughty Dog removes those, there will be no kill-stealing...

Message 18 of 23 (155 Views)
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Sep 17, 2013
You stole my idea.
Message 19 of 23 (144 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1174 posts

Sep 17, 2013
Just give the special execution and execution points to the original owner and reward the other person with execution assist (30 points) and special execution assist (55 points)
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 20 of 23 (117 Views)