Sackboy
405 posts

Re: I honestly want a breakdown of this welfare system...

Aug 10, 2013

There shouldn't be a welfare system in the first place.  If you are doing bad you deserve to lose.  The is no counter argument to this.

photo tloumpreveal_zpse1518e02.jpg
Message 11 of 91 (281 Views)
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Aug 11, 2013

I remember a time when video gamers liked challenges... Like fighting Mike Tyson on the original nintendo.  If your beating a teams **bleep**, don't you want a challenge?  Plus, anything outta the box can be countered most of the time.  If you flip the coin, when you're that one experienced player on the team of all the noobs (and you're getting stomped), I'm sure it only seems fair to get the welfare.   Mastering how to play within the limitations of any game is what is fun.  Plus Everyone has bad matches and upsets, and there would still be bad/upset matches with or w/o welfare system.  So learn to play in it.  The only thing that presents real problems are the mechanics and glitchiness of the game. (ie multi use triangle button, spawns, etc..)

Message 12 of 91 (258 Views)
Big Daddy
16348 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2013

sportz-18 wrote:

There shouldn't be a welfare system in the first place.  If you are doing bad you deserve to lose.  The is no counter argument to this.

If your philosophy is that you want to try and retain lower skilled players, instead of having them **bleep**hammered into quitting.

Have a little more perspective.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 13 of 91 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Aug 11, 2013

a few days ago I was the last one in supply raid and the opponents had 10 respawns left, I went to only 2 supply boxes and I got so many supplies that I had 5 bombs (I placed 2 of them as traps before opening the second supply box) and 3 molotovs, also I got so many parts so I could buy armor and 90 flamethrower ammo, thanks to this I could take down 7 of them before I died, but it's not fair for them, I just boobytrapped a chamber with bombs and sat in the corner with the flamethrower or molotovs, while I do think it's ok to give the losing team an advantage, this is to much...

Message 14 of 91 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
441 posts

Aug 11, 2013

Lol, I didn't even know it existed. Was wondering though, how someone could last all alone with 4 guys attacking him simultaneously, or why I suddenly find Molotovs everywhere (not that I could handle them well).

I agree that it is unfair for a good team, but even then you can win, if you don't let them even touch the boxes :smileywink:

GRAB
Message 15 of 91 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6781 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2013

I'd get rid of the welfare system and fix match making since it's so broken. Get more evenly balanced matches where people don't need the game to give them handouts just to compete. I'd much rather face off against teams that can put up a fight and have no welfare system then rolling horrible teams and having my only deaths come from molotovs that the game probably gave to them right out of the box.

Photobucket
Message 16 of 91 (226 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Aug 11, 2013
It's a close fight this one. There's good points on either side. The welfare system can be ridiculously unfair at times but I do agree that to an extent it's good to give the better players more of a challenge. I think it should be toned down a little bit in some ways like others have suggested. Especially early on in a match because as others have said it actually is so beneficial to lose the first encounter and then pick up the bonuses. I never intentionally do that myself because I'm a perfectionist and am far too proud and competitive to give up free kills haha, but I have noticed it when I have died once or twice very early on.

Making the welfare system come into effect only later in the game, say at 10 spawns left for a team depending on the gap, or at the 8 spawn mark as it already has a notification for that signifying importance, make that an actual factor for the welfare of the losing team at the time. If they're losing badly then help them out more, providing a challenge then but only giving handouts to make it so, not giving rewards for being intentionally bad only briefly and allowing them to win because of it.

This way the good players can actually make note that the enemy team is getting towards 8 spawns left and will know that they're going to be getting more equipment etc and can then change their tactics accordingly. But obviously the key is that only the good players will do this well. Because that's what matters, if a good team/player is losing and get to the 8 spawns or whatever then they can make those benefits count and stand a chance at winning, whilst it will be more difficult to secure a win with the bonuses for a comparatively poor player/team just using the handouts and not playing well.
Message 17 of 91 (220 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6428 posts

Aug 11, 2013

I like it how it is. I like how if you are are losing you get more from the boxes. You still have to hunt it and craft it. But engaging the enemy carefully is still up to you which is why it is balanced to me.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Message 18 of 91 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
441 posts

Aug 11, 2013

I agree with T-K_129 on this one. The 8-spawn-left mark would make sense.

GRAB
Message 19 of 91 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

Aug 11, 2013
I agree. There have been many times where I've seen a Molotov onslaught coming from a team that's not losing by that much.
Message 20 of 91 (182 Views)
0 Likes