Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
820 posts

Re: I honestly want a breakdown of this welfare system...

Aug 11, 2013

cdub420-- wrote:

The welfare system definitely needs tweeking. For the exact reasons sandman just listed.

Not. Who reads his crap anyways and takes it serious?

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 91 (239 Views)
Last Guardian
11047 posts

Aug 11, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

I've had a string of games where this backwards system just turned the tide of the game waay to much for simply giving the losing team a leg-up...

Alright, alright, let's do this slow here, i do agree with this but it depends on the situation. Is it a 1v4? Or is the spawn difference a 1-digit number?

I agree that sometimes when i was losing the tool boxes would give me a full Molotov. A full Molotov. And i wasn't even the last man standing.

But still, i believe this whole welfare **bleep** is kinda like a Power Play, and knowing ND the way they nerf stuff is a disaster.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 91 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
5537 posts

Aug 11, 2013

Well I've ran into problems with the welfare system on both ends several times, meaning it won't be so generous at all even if we are losing, and if we are winning even by a little the losing team gets an entire arsenal while we get nothing to fight back with making the next 2 or so encounters hell for us.

I can give a couple scenarios if that will help bring forth the problems I have with it. For one having a horrible team and we are losing, I'm the only one with 1000+ points on my team and we are losing by quite a huge margin. I'm getting literally nothing from the caches mainly due to the fact that I have the 2nd highest score in the match out of 8 people so when it comes down to it, everyone around me is suited up and I just can't compete with 4 guys fully decked out in stuff, simply because I have nothing, no craftables, like 1 health kit, etc.

As well as another when i'm on the winning side, We started off with a good lead like 18-13 or something like that but I start getting nothing out of caches as it is to be expected; while every encounter has people with armour bombarding me with everything and if I get near any of them I get attacked by a machete and it went on all match until it became roughly even and then when our team was at a disadvantage score wise, my points were already to much that I still got nothing from caches so even when the match was close I had little to deal with and ultimately lost that match which was oddly one of my best matches  with a score of 16-13-4-2 and over 6000 parts; we ended up losing because I got nothing while my enemy was given everything basically.

Like I said I won't mind if there is a welfare system, but how it works now is just...ridiculous...

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 91 (219 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Aug 11, 2013
The welfare system in this game needs to be adjusted on both a team and individual level. Look it's fine to give the bad player or loseing team some help, but not the amount they get now. Now the loseing team gets basically the content of 2 boxes out of 1 while on the winning team your stuck getting like one thing a box and have to go too 2-3 to craft something. That's just ridiculous. It's kinda the same for individual players, the player doing bad gets a ridiculous amount of stuff and usaully has a nice amount of bombs, armour, and likely upgraded weapons. While if your doing good you can barely craft anything and have to choose what you spend parts on more then others. Everyone always says "while dont you want challenging close games" yes I do, but because the other team can provide that not because they get handed a ridiculous amount of stuff for not playing well. I can honestly say there have been a few games were the other team made a comeback simply due to this welfare system and nothing else which just isn't fair. Teams and individuals shouldn't more or less be punished for doing well it's not right. I'm fine with there being a welfare system to help out a little bit for teams and individuals doing badly, but were its at right now is just too much.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 91 (205 Views)
Sackboy
405 posts

Aug 12, 2013

scootgar wrote:

sportz-18 wrote:

There shouldn't be a welfare system in the first place.  If you are doing bad you deserve to lose.  The is no counter argument to this.

If your philosophy is that you want to try and retain lower skilled players, instead of having them **bleep**hammered into quitting.

Have a little more perspective.

If someone sucks at a game and is helped they have no incentive to get better.  Sorry I don't think games should hold people's hands especially in mulitplayer.  If someone quits playing a game because they are doing bad and they are too lazy to figure out what they are doing wrong or never try to figure out different strategies or learn about the game then they shouldn't be playing anyway.  I have perspective, its not like I start playing a game and am good at it from the start.

photo tloumpreveal_zpse1518e02.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 91 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

Aug 12, 2013

After looking at the parts count differences betwee  the winning vs. losing teams and between the top and bottom players on the teams after a few matches, it doesn't look like the current system is making that much of a difference.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 91 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1436 posts

Aug 12, 2013

Probably the first time I've ever agreed with sanddude.  He's definitely right here.  I'm 100% against any welfare system at all in the first place.  There's literally no reason at all to try to give the losing team an unfair advantage.  If a team is doing better they deserve to win.  That's just the way it is.  If the boost is big enough that it completely turns the tide and allows them to win, then it's BS, and everybody knows it.  If it's NOT enough that it gets them the win then it serves no purpose other than to tank the stats of the people who are winning.

Now, if the losing team absolutely MUST have their hands held, I'd say that a SLIGHT increase in MATERIALS wouldn't be so bad.  It absolutely SHOULDN'T rain free bombs, molotovs, machetes, and purchase ammo.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 91 (149 Views)
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Aug 12, 2013

Wakeboarder56 wrote:
I agree. There have been many times where I've seen a Molotov onslaught coming from a team that's not losing by that much.

This. 4 lost the first fight (where it said "lost the lead") then they went making molotovs, gift each other items, has nailbombs. Now all 4 charged towards us (and I was spawned when the game already started but I saw my team leading, 1-2 lives difference). And bombarded me with molo and bombs (like it's free). From there onwards they are winning...I'm speechless, especially since I didn't start off the match with them. 1-2 lives difference but I'm sure the boxes gave them better crafting materials.......just 1-2 lives.....

photo 6063e192-edce-4bf4-be38-1f5c5d2df1b7.jpg
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - twitter.com/mrsjimmymare
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 91 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13194 posts

Aug 12, 2013

Much like the thread I made on this. I still have this view. I had this view on Uncharted 3 too.

People who don't do well should NOT be rewarded for playing poorly.

CoD does this one thing right. You are rewarded in CoD for playing well. If there are going to be any rewards surely the incentive should be to get better to get rewarded... Not worse.

I'm not saying reward better players either. I'm saying it's better to reward better players since that gives worse players an extra reason to want to up their game.

But in all honesty, there should be no rewards. you suck, your problem. You can elect to play more and learn or go away and stop holding the better players back, or in some cases, like myself when i'm behind sometimes in Uncharted. I don't want the help. I don't want to win like that. It feels all kinds of wrong.

Sure I'll take the win, but I wont be proud of it and I have won like that a few times and felt the need to immediately apologise to the other team.

At least when I'm being rewarded for playing well I've earned my rewards. x.x But not having any rewards would be better.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 91 (122 Views)
Sackboy
520 posts

Aug 12, 2013

SlyCopperfield wrote:
If I get a 2 down/execution streak before opening a 2x4 box I will not get one from either box. Die 2 or 3 times in a row and Merry Christmas. I'm to the point where I allow the enemy those first kills off me, collect my charity from EVERY box (I just LOVE how the welfare doesn't cut you off after one or two good caches) then start playing. And with my crafter 3 my team gets to share in my free wealth :smileyvery-happy: The system IS broken and very easy to exploit.

I'd love to see videos of this thing. The idea that people will start losing on purpose does seem far fetched to me. Imagine a game where both teams would try this xD It reminded me of an episode of South Park, about a baseball league, where the boys had to do some very complicated stuff to lose the game, because the other team was also trying to lose.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 91 (107 Views)
0 Likes