Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Re: I implore you ND Stop nerfing perks and weapons

Feb 16, 2014
Gas actually isn't a need. It's a want. People can live without gas but it improves their quality of life.

Internet most certainly is a want and not a necessity. Cell service is identical.

Health care is also a want. It isn't necessity for life but improves it's quality. People have survived by only taking care of themselves or just suffering through pain for most of human history. They did want health service form others (whether it was actually helpful or not) but it wasn't a need for the human race to survive.

Needs for the human race to survive are as follows: shelter from the elements, food, water, procreation.
Message 151 of 160 (929 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3606 posts

Feb 16, 2014
My point is they may be wants but the demand for those items are much more than a video game . Furthermore some internet providers have a monopoly on that said area and who doesn't use a car in most industrialized countries unless you live in a city where mass transit is reliable. Health care is essential to some people .

Whereas video game companies are competing for dollars from consumers and if they don't cater to the video game consumers these consumers take their business elsewhere .
Message 152 of 160 (923 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2014
Health care can improve life and life expectancy but it's not essential to life or the continuation of the human race. Hence, it's a want.

Just because you use a car doesn't make it necessary. Who doesn't use a tv in an industrialized country? Is that also a need then?

The mistake you make it that you don't believe they are catering to consumers wants. You didn't think they were in uncharted multiplayer either by you are wrong about that cause it's more popular than the previous installment.

You can feel free to take your business elsewhere but that doesn't mean you won't be replaced by another consumer who liked this version of the product better. From what I can tell you and your "shiv dance elitist" friends are the minority. Most people I know disagree with you. On the forum it's close but forum regulars don't represent typical consumer. They usually fit a similar mold and throw out (or chase out) those don't fit the mold are typically told to get out.
Message 153 of 160 (916 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3606 posts

Feb 16, 2014
"Shiv dance elitist" friends lol well they are upset about it .
Message 154 of 160 (893 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Feb 16, 2014
Well then vote with your dollars and don't buy the next dlc. If your votes add up to a significant portion then a change will be made. Don't hold your breath, though.
Message 155 of 160 (891 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3606 posts

Feb 16, 2014
Yeah I bought the season pass when the first map pack came out so I can't do that .
Message 156 of 160 (886 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Feb 16, 2014
Buyer beware. That was your choice then. Pay for a product you don't know all the facts about in advance and you gotta live with your choice.
Message 157 of 160 (873 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1296 posts

Feb 16, 2014

INCANGENERAL wrote:
Neverbelow you are speaking of products that have much demand and are essential gas, health care that people need to stay healthy and a monopolized internet ?!! This has no bearing on a video game that needs customer support and a company that needs company support to stay viable.

Nobody is saying to hinder their creaivity , I am saying after 8 months of a video game being out that they should listen to the community as to what should be implemented in that video game its that simple.

Problem is they did listen to the community. You have no idea if your side is in the majority. That is a very large assumption that you are in the majority. You only know the people you play with and some of the people who post on here agree with you on certain issues but defendetly not all of them. 

Lots of people hated the shiv dance. Lots of people didn't mind it but knew it was an unintended glitch.

I strongly believe ND fixes things as soon as they can. Look at all the threads that have been on this forum. Which are the biggest ones? The black screen, lag, and game crashing topics. 

The reason those havn't been fixed yet is because there is no easy fix for them. If they had a solution they would of fixed them already. This is the same reason why the shiv danced was just patched. They just came up with the way to fix it because they knew it was a glitch and had no way to remove it before. 

Same reason why the leaderboards havn't been wiped. They don't have a fix for the god mode yet. It would be pointless and a waste fo them to wipe it when it will just be filled with more people cheating so they will leave it until they can stop the hack.

You guys cried the same things when the game first came out and was unbalanced.

"stop asking for nerfs the game is too new." Now its "stop asking for nerfs the game is too old"

In that lodgic no one should ever ask for change ever. 

The only problem I see in game play now is the parts after reviving someone is cut in healf and collector doesn't work with support skills. Two glitches out of a mountain of what could of been possible problems. 

I still think they did that on purpose to stop boosting. But thats just my opinion. 

Message 158 of 160 (863 Views)
Fender Bender
3606 posts

Feb 17, 2014
Wow its like you don't read my posts . I've stated numerous times the shiv dance was debateable the community was split and maybe overall more wanted it gone than around . I've admitted that but no one asked them to touch reviver. Now they've backtracked a bit and given parts back but bleedout times are still quicker . From what I've read doesn't say they've changed that .

However my point is if they want to be creative and make the game feel different add another mode, add a new gun or two a perk . Nerfing things is not creative. Oh I'm going to make reviving harder and crafter more points no one asked for these things . That is my point .
Message 159 of 160 (849 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1296 posts

Feb 17, 2014

Would you still be complaining if they only removed the shiv dance, nerfed the flamethrower and the SAR? 

Because that was what most players were asking for. You say they didn't listen to the community but if they had you have already stated you would quit the game if they touched the SAR. 

My point is and I've stated it numerous times that they made the changes in hopes of adjusting the balance of the MP. They didn't change it to be creative and to troll us.

Message 160 of 160 (834 Views)
0 Likes