Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 22 2013
By: whoady4shoady Keyblade Wielder 10845 posts

I just played with the assault rifle for the first time and

41 replies 849 views Edited Jun 22, 2013

it made the game actually seem fun and more like the original socoms. The main difference is that I was able to stand up normal and move around from cover to cover while popping people. I didnt have to crouch like a fruitcake the whole time and camp most of the time. I was able to be very aggressive and put enough shots in people before they ran or ducked back behind cover and stay there like a passy until I decide to make a move. I would actually be able to put enough bullets in a guy running around with a molotov out in his hand before he could actually throw it at me. This is not possible with other weapons which is dumb.

The game is so close yet so far away.  :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 42 (849 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Re: I just played with the assault rifle for the first time and

Jun 22, 2013
Yeah I hate it when people are passy-aggressive.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 42 (839 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10845 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

Yeah. unfortunately the game rewards it like a mofo though.

Edit: Is there any way to start with the assault rifle at the start of each game. I mean can you unlock it as a stock weapon eventually?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 42 (831 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

Jun 22, 2013
No, it's only a purchasable.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 42 (791 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10845 posts

Jun 22, 2013
Thanks for the reply wake.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 42 (775 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Jun 22, 2013
I always play aggressive and push anyone I've 2 shot with a semi/revolver
>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 42 (753 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3855 posts

Jun 22, 2013
If it was the assault rifle that killed me earlier (the one with almost full auto, insane stopping power, and insta-death causing), it simply needs removing before it becomes the ROF M9 all over again.....
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 42 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jun 22, 2013

whoady4shoady wrote:

it made the game actually seem fun and more like the original socoms. The main difference is that I was able to stand up normal and move around from cover to cover while popping people. I didnt have to crouch like a fruitcake the whole time and camp most of the time. I was able to be very aggressive and put enough shots in people before they ran or ducked back behind cover and stay there like a passy until I decide to make a move. I would actually be able to put enough bullets in a guy running around with a molotov out in his hand before he could actually throw it at me. This is not possible with other weapons which is dumb.

Ill explain what makes this and socom different.

socom=socom had lower health and rewarded stealth and getting a jump on someone, but in a game like socom most of the time if you got killed it was your fault for running around not using the enviroment, crawling in the grass, and other stealth options to your advantage . many times in socom i was caught in the open and dived prone behind a hillside rock and we had awesome gun battles, TLOU lacks a good run button, jump, or prone dive to use as defensive tactic. Tlou also does not reward stealth gameplay or a good jump on someone but rather rewards home made grenades and melee style.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 42 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
5863 posts

Jun 22, 2013

ReiLongbow wrote:

whoady4shoady wrote:

Ill explain what makes this and socom different.

socom=socom had lower health and rewarded stealth and getting a jump on someone, but in a game like socom most of the time if you got killed it was your fault for running around not using the enviroment, crawling in the grass, and other stealth options to your advantage . many times in socom i was caught in the open and dived prone behind a hillside rock and we had awesome gun battles, TLOU lacks a good run button, jump, or prone dive to use as defensive tactic. Tlou also does not reward stealth gameplay or a good jump on someone but rather rewards home made grenades and melee style.

lol are you serious?

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 42 (694 Views)
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Jun 22, 2013
It's not the same game. Get over it. rolleyes.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 42 (685 Views)
0 Likes