Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Re: I just played with the assault rifle for the first time and

Jun 22, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

ReiLongbow wrote:

whoady4shoady wrote:

it made the game actually seem fun and more like the original socoms. The main difference is that I was able to stand up normal and move around from cover to cover while popping people. I didnt have to crouch like a fruitcake the whole time and camp most of the time. I was able to be very aggressive and put enough shots in people before they ran or ducked back behind cover and stay there like a passy until I decide to make a move. I would actually be able to put enough bullets in a guy running around with a molotov out in his hand before he could actually throw it at me. This is not possible with other weapons which is dumb.

The game is so close yet so far away.  :smileysad:

Ill explain what makes this and socom different.

socom=socom had lower health and rewarded stealth and getting a jump on someone, but in a game like socom most of the time if you got killed it was your fault for running around not using the enviroment, crawling in the grass, and other stealth options to your advantage . many times in socom i was caught in the open and dived prone behind a hillside rock and we had awesome gun battles, TLOU lacks a good run button, jump, or prone dive to use as defensive tactic. Tlou also does not reward stealth gameplay or a good jump on someone but rather rewards home made grenades and melee style.

lol are you serious?

TLOU is far to slow and clunky to take on whole teams alone, problem one is health is to high which makes taking on 2-3 people at once impossible, problem two is lack of jump, prone, or snap to cover.

Message 11 of 42 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Dezmixbe wrote:
It's not the same game. Get over it. rolleyes.jpg

Sorry but in my opinion socom multiplayers are far superior.

Message 12 of 42 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6008 posts

Jun 22, 2013

ReiLongbow wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

ReiLongbow wrote:

whoady4shoady wrote:

it made the game actually seem fun and more like the original socoms. The main difference is that I was able to stand up normal and move around from cover to cover while popping people. I didnt have to crouch like a fruitcake the whole time and camp most of the time. I was able to be very aggressive and put enough shots in people before they ran or ducked back behind cover and stay there like a passy until I decide to make a move. I would actually be able to put enough bullets in a guy running around with a molotov out in his hand before he could actually throw it at me. This is not possible with other weapons which is dumb.

The game is so close yet so far away.  :smileysad:

Ill explain what makes this and socom different.

socom=socom had lower health and rewarded stealth and getting a jump on someone, but in a game like socom most of the time if you got killed it was your fault for running around not using the enviroment, crawling in the grass, and other stealth options to your advantage . many times in socom i was caught in the open and dived prone behind a hillside rock and we had awesome gun battles, TLOU lacks a good run button, jump, or prone dive to use as defensive tactic. Tlou also does not reward stealth gameplay or a good jump on someone but rather rewards home made grenades and melee style.

lol are you serious?

TLOU is far to slow and clunky to take on whole teams alone, problem one is health is to high which makes taking on 2-3 people at once impossible, problem two is lack of jump, prone, or snap to cover.

for one, you aren't suppose to take on whole teams alone, get over it; that isn't a problem in the multiplayer, that's just you wishing you were a tank all the time.

and stealth pays off greatly at times, with most of the guns able to be silenced, shivs, covert, and smoke bombs. An entire stealth apporach can pay off big time. I've tried it and taken out 2-3 guys consistently if all went to plan; once even the whole team.

and seriously, it not having certain mechanics that YOU like, doesn't belittle the multiplayer at all.

photo Sniper.png
Message 13 of 42 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3874 posts

Jun 22, 2013

ReiLongbow wrote:

TLOU is far to slow and clunky to take on whole teams alone, problem one is health is to(o) high which makes taking on 2-3 people at once impossible, problem two is lack of jump, prone, or snap to cover.

Health is too LOW. Thats the issue.

Message 14 of 42 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10845 posts

Jun 23, 2013
No it was not full auto, and I agree that would be stupid in this game.
Message 15 of 42 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jun 23, 2013

monkeybutler100 wrote:

ReiLongbow wrote:

TLOU is far to slow and clunky to take on whole teams alone, problem one is health is to(o) high which makes taking on 2-3 people at once impossible, problem two is lack of jump, prone, or snap to cover.

If the health was to low i would be able to one shot kill with snipers and take on 2-3 people at a time with a good ambush, not on this game, on socom YES

Message 16 of 42 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Jun 23, 2013

I like the AR, but I don't pick it for my classes. I used it when I first played, but I have no use for it now. 

Message 17 of 42 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6008 posts

Jun 23, 2013

ReiLongbow wrote:

monkeybutler100 wrote:

ReiLongbow wrote:

If the health was to low i would be able to one shot kill with snipers and take on 2-3 people at a time with a good ambush, not on this game, on socom YES

*upset he can't win in a 1vs3* lol ok...

photo Sniper.png
Message 18 of 42 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10845 posts

Jun 23, 2013
My biggest issue with the game is how bad it handicaps your character in so many differnt ways. When I feel more confident with a melee weapon and a Molotov than the gun I start with in a shooter, than there is a serious problem IMHO. I also wen t on YouTube and watched some vids of people doing amazing, but only because they were constantly using the X-ray vision crap. I refuse to use that BS, and A player like me who doesn't crouch walk like a fruitcake the whole time is penalized by it. I can understand if I was sprinting, but walking normal should not show up on that crap. It shouldn't be in survivor mode period. Answer me this oh great fanboys. Why is there no X-ray mode on survivor difficulty in the single player, but the devs were stupid enough to put it in the survivor multiplayer mode? You don't have a mini map that shows you when enemies are sprinting around you in the single player and you can't mark big red arrows over their heads either in the SP. it makes no sense at all. Dont like what I am saying, the. Your beef is not with me, it's with ND. I am only wanting to play the game the way they set it up originally to be played. They need to either be consistent or add in extra or custom settings for game modes.
Message 19 of 42 (159 Views)
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jun 23, 2013

whoady4shoady wrote:
My biggest issue with the game is how bad it handicaps your character in so many differnt ways. When I feel more confident with a melee weapon and a Molotov than the gun I start with in a shooter, than there is a serious problem IMHO. I also wen t on YouTube and watched some vids of people doing amazing, but only because they were constantly using the X-ray vision crap. I refuse to use that BS, and A player like me who doesn't crouch walk like a fruitcake the whole time is penalized by it. I can understand if I was sprinting, but walking normal should not show up on that crap. It shouldn't be in survivor mode period. Answer me this oh great fanboys. Why is there no X-ray mode on survivor difficulty in the single player, but the devs were stupid enough to put it in the survivor multiplayer mode? You don't have a mini map that shows you when enemies are sprinting around you in the single player and you can't mark big red arrows over their heads either in the SP. it makes no sense at all. Dont like what I am saying, the. Your beef is not with me, it's with ND. I am only wanting to play the game the way they set it up originally to be played. They need to either be consistent or add in extra or custom settings for game modes.

i feel ya, you ever notice people that do good just run around hitting people over the head with wood or throwing dr. pepper bottles at each other, the guns are WACK.  this game is as bad as the kal 7 steelfist from uncharted 3.

Message 20 of 42 (155 Views)
0 Likes