Keyblade Wielder
10845 posts

Re: I just played with the assault rifle for the first time and

Jun 23, 2013

ReiLongbow wrote:

whoady4shoady wrote:
My biggest issue with the game is how bad it handicaps your character in so many differnt ways. When I feel more confident with a melee weapon and a Molotov than the gun I start with in a shooter, than there is a serious problem IMHO. I also wen t on YouTube and watched some vids of people doing amazing, but only because they were constantly using the X-ray vision crap. I refuse to use that BS, and A player like me who doesn't crouch walk like a fruitcake the whole time is penalized by it. I can understand if I was sprinting, but walking normal should not show up on that crap. It shouldn't be in survivor mode period. Answer me this oh great fanboys. Why is there no X-ray mode on survivor difficulty in the single player, but the devs were stupid enough to put it in the survivor multiplayer mode? You don't have a mini map that shows you when enemies are sprinting around you in the single player and you can't mark big red arrows over their heads either in the SP. it makes no sense at all. Dont like what I am saying, the. Your beef is not with me, it's with ND. I am only wanting to play the game the way they set it up originally to be played. They need to either be consistent or add in extra or custom settings for game modes.

i feel ya, you ever notice people that do good just run around hitting people over the head with wood or throwing dr. pepper bottles at each other, the guns are WACK.  this game is as bad as the kal 7 steelfist from uncharted 3.

Yup. The only reason I am even posting here is because the game has potential with just a few tweeks. I would have done gien the game to a friend or sold it if it didnt show any promise. Sigh. Even if we could just create our own rooms with custom settings, that would make it 100% better.

Message 21 of 42 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6692 posts

Jun 23, 2013

^all the weapons have use in the game. You can do great with every single thing in this game since nothing greatly outweighs another. Hence balance.

You guys wanna know why anyone who complains about the multiplayer here gets bashed right away? It's because it's obvious that the multiplayer is well put together and most of us can see that especially in comparison to ND's last multiplayer... The majority of complaints so far have been "I can't own with this" or "I die easily to X" and "fix this so I can play like this" all of which have to do with people whining and personal preferences in a game, not the game itself.

R.I.P The Last of Us:

June, 2013 -- When ND listened to crying AGAIN!
Message 22 of 42 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10845 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 23, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

ReiLongbow wrote:

monkeybutler100 wrote:

ReiLongbow wrote:

TLOU is far to slow and clunky to take on whole teams alone, problem one is health is to(o) high which makes taking on 2-3 people at once impossible, problem two is lack of jump, prone, or snap to cover.

Health is too LOW. Thats the issue.

If the health was to low i would be able to one shot kill with snipers and take on 2-3 people at a time with a good ambush, not on this game, on socom YES

*upset he can't win in a 1vs3* lol ok...

If you get the jump on 3 people behind in any shooter, you should be able to defeat them all with no problem with a gun, but not in this game cause it handicaps you. Especially in the first round when you have hardly any ammo at the start. Im better off pulling out a shiv or a board and putting splinters in them. Dont even get me started on the fact that if you come up on more than one enemy, you can barely turn fast enough to aim at the second guy once you kill the first guy even at max turn speed. Just run at them with a board while they shoot at you from 5 to 10feet. Youll win 90% of the time if they are using anything besides a shotgun. I love the ones that run around with their foty bottle instead of a gun, and even if you get the first shot off without missing a shot on this unarmed opponent, they still have the time/ability to light, and throw that garbage at you before you can down them. WHAT!

sanddude20 wrote:

^all the weapons have use in the game. You can do great with every single thing in this game since nothing greatly outweighs another. Hence balance.

You guys wanna know why anyone who complains about the multiplayer here gets bashed right away? It's because it's obvious that the multiplayer is well put together and most of us can see that especially in comparison to ND's last multiplayer... The majority of complaints so far have been "I can't own with this" or "I die easily to X" and "fix this so I can play like this" all of which have to do with people whining and personal preferences in a game, not the game itself.

I have a right to complain. Dont get mad at me. Naughty Dog set the standard with SP survivor mode, not me. I am just asking for them to uphold the standard and be consistant. Is that really to much to ask? Dont let your inner fanboy blind you my friend.

Message 23 of 42 (251 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6692 posts

Jun 23, 2013

with a response like that, now you just sound like a fail troll

R.I.P The Last of Us:

Message 24 of 42 (243 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10845 posts

Jun 23, 2013
I raised you and you folded. Good day sir.
Message 25 of 42 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6692 posts

Jun 23, 2013

you didn't bring anything new to the argument, just repeated the same thing and called me a fanboy...

R.I.P The Last of Us:

Message 26 of 42 (233 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10845 posts

Jun 23, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

you didn't bring anything new to the argument, just repeated the same thing and called me a fanboy...

I guess you will just keep ignoring my post about the survivor single player mode settting the stage for what could have been great.

Message 27 of 42 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6692 posts

Jun 23, 2013

single player =/= multiplayer

the difficulty levels in single player can't be transitioned into multiplayer since the difficulty in the multi depends on the skills of the varying players. Besides the only thing on survivor difficulty is the scarcity of supplies and no listen mode. I don't like listen mode but at least it's balanced in here even though it is completely possible to do great w/o it, as I do since I never use it.

R.I.P The Last of Us:

Message 28 of 42 (218 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
400 posts

Jun 23, 2013

monkeybutler100 wrote:
If it was the assault rifle that killed me earlier (the one with almost full auto, insane stopping power, and insta-death causing), it simply needs removing before it becomes the ROF M9 all over again.....

are you refering to the one where you need to pay over 400 parts for every 10 bullets? Yeah, shut up, please.

Message 29 of 42 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10845 posts

Jun 23, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

single player =/= multiplayer

the difficulty levels in single player can't be transitioned into multiplayer since the difficulty in the multi depends on the skills of the varying players. Besides the only thing on survivor difficulty is the scarcity of supplies and no listen mode. I don't like listen mode but at least it's balanced in here even though it is completely possible to do great w/o it, as I do since I never use it.

In the Sp there is no xray vision, no marking enemies, and no minimap to show you whhere a printing person is. That is what your surround sound and ears are for. It destroys all of the best aspects of the SP survivor.

Message 30 of 42 (207 Views)