I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Re: I love this game BUT..

Jul 16, 2013

homes500 wrote:
@PlaZeHD7 Then I don't see the problem with balance. All ND really needs to do is fix the technical problems and bring in more game modes and customizatio. Once they do that the game will be fine.

I am not talking about how unbalanced the multiplayer is. It's just has lot of tehcnical issues. For example hours ago I was playing multiplayer in Dam and my enemy just swings his modded weapon in the air hitting no one, and somehow I am down. And I just burst out laughing.

Message 11 of 26 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jul 16, 2013
I see your point, maybe a good knock down or a push back? The guy was running at me, and pop two to his chest and he still hits and kills me with a 2x4. I mean I understand you don't want to make the gun crazy powerful but come on.. Lol there's has to be something that can be done to discourage people to just run at a man with a 2x4 is the man is holding a gun! Loll
Message 12 of 26 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

Jul 16, 2013

teffyz wrote:

Miharu_Tansho wrote:

Th_ReMix wrote:

If I shoot someone with a revolver, or ANY gun for that matter, from 3 feet away they should NOT be able to bust out a 2x4 and kill me...

You would be surprised by what humans are capable of after being shot even multiple times.  Especially with handguns.

You would be surprised how much you would be blown to pieces if you got shot at point blank range

Blown to pieces?  Hardly. 

Message 13 of 26 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

CrazyCanuck90 wrote:

Miharu_Tansho wrote:

Th_ReMix wrote:

If I shoot someone with a revolver, or ANY gun for that matter, from 3 feet away they should NOT be able to bust out a 2x4 and kill me...

You would be surprised by what humans are capable of after being shot even multiple times.  Especially with handguns.

Maybe after a 9mm round, a revolver is going to put someone down. 

Depends on the revolver caliber and load.  .38 special round nose and even hollow point? Not so much.  Even a .357 mag.  Not going to be immediate incapacitation unless you hit and destroy part of the central nervous system.  A hit to the heart or aorta will make someone bleed out pretty quickly too.  Otherwise the psychological reaction to threat or pain reaction may cause cessation of activity, but not always.  Otherwise it's still a matter of bleeding out.

Message 14 of 26 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jul 16, 2013

Miharu_Tansho wrote:

CrazyCanuck90 wrote:

Miharu_Tansho wrote:

Th_ReMix wrote:

Maybe after a 9mm round, a revolver is going to put someone down. 

Depends on the revolver caliber and load.  .38 special round nose and even hollow point? Not so much.  Even a .357 mag.  Not going to be immediate incapacitation unless you hit and destroy part of the central nervous system.  A hit to the heart or aorta will make someone bleed out pretty quickly too.  Otherwise the psychological reaction to threat or pain reaction may cause cessation of activity, but not always.  Otherwise it's still a matter of bleeding out.

Too many smart words. 

One of the the only problems I see is with molotovs. Personally, I think since it's almost always an instant kill, it should remove the ability to quick throw, since it is instant. That and descreasing the chance of getting the materials.  I can't even count how many times someone is camping behind cover with the L1 button held and waiting for someone to come and get burnt. Possibly make it to where you can only craft two  a game? I don't know... Maybe not direct nerf(since that can ruin the game)but something that tones down how many people are running around with an insta-kill weapon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 15 of 26 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

Jul 16, 2013

I will concede that arguing terminal ballistics in reference to a video game is largely foolish. The mechanics of the game dictate the effects.  For instance the semi, burst and assault rifle should all do the same basic damage per hit, but for obvious reasons that wouldn't work out well for game balance.

Message 16 of 26 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jul 16, 2013
It's simple really, in a situation like this, where your fighting to live and survive. Would you rather be the guy running around with the revolver, or the dude with the 2x4? According to this game I much rather have a 2x4....
Message 17 of 26 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

Both, a club is pretty easy to find.  But you'll use what you have.  If you're counting on a handgun stopping a guy within 15 feet or so from being able to club you, you might be in for a rude surprise depending on his amount of motivation and your shot placement.

Edit:  And in a post pandemic world, a depressed skull fracture is as much of a death sentence as a gunshot wound.

Message 18 of 26 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1363 posts

Jul 16, 2013

A few fixes are needed, and new maps are badly wanted, but other then that I think the MP is great.

Message 19 of 26 (99 Views)
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Jul 16, 2013

Miharu_Tansho wrote:

Both, a club is pretty easy to find.  But you'll use what you have.  If you're counting on a handgun stopping a guy within 15 feet or so from being able to club you, you might be in for a rude surprise depending on his amount of motivation and your shot placement.

Edit:  And in a post pandemic world, a depressed skull fracture is as much of a death sentence as a gunshot wound.

You know too much. Did you do things in your past life that are either illegal or frowned upon? Smiley Indifferent

-----------
Message 20 of 26 (92 Views)
0 Likes