Dec 27 2013
By: T1m_is_Here Uncharted Territory 1296 posts

I think the flame thrower might be a tad too OP.

102 replies 870 views Edited Dec 27, 2013

Normally I tend to steer clear of purchasable weapons due to the fact that you have to use loadout points on them and purchase them with parts earned during the match. I have always felt that the weapons are not good enough (Or I am not good enough with them) for them to be effective in place of perks. I was making a loadout today just for fun and the result of what I saw was insane. I built a loadout that just centered around using the flame thrower. I had reviver 1 and first aid 2 so I could collect some easy points to buy the flame thrower early and once I got to using it with convert training it was devastating. I burned 2-3 people at a time and got massive amounts of parts from it. If I'm correct it didn't used to be this strong? I think it may have been buffed way too much as  only 2 loadout points makes it a must in almost every loadout for how destructive it is. I mainly play supply raid and get about 10+ downs and executions during each match. This is what happened when I used the flame thrower. 

bestgame.jpg

Message 1 of 103 (870 Views)
Gaming Beast
1513 posts

Re: I think the flame thrower might be a tad too OP.

Dec 27, 2013
No.
I shoot you first, I die= you lag. Vice versa not applicable.
Message 2 of 103 (864 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1296 posts

Dec 27, 2013

Yes

Message 3 of 103 (860 Views)
Fender Bender
3607 posts

Dec 27, 2013
No you were facing noobs. Try getting 10+ against good players a lot harder. I'd still take a SAR over a FT anyday .
Message 4 of 103 (858 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1296 posts

Dec 27, 2013

How do you know they weren't good players? Because you don't know any of them and they don't play 5000 matches a day to get level 200+? 

Message 5 of 103 (854 Views)
Gaming Beast
1513 posts

Dec 27, 2013
Ft's christmas noobs, thinks ft is op.
Riiiiiight.
Message 6 of 103 (844 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1296 posts

Dec 27, 2013

I like how you call them Christmas noobs when they obviously arn't. Christmas was yesterday and the players levels I was against were 99, 75, 8, and 32. They sure must love the game if they can play 75+ weeks in one day. You guys are something else. -_-

Message 7 of 103 (840 Views)
Gaming Beast
1513 posts

Dec 27, 2013
No, you come here to show a match you had which in no possible way can any one tell other than your word that youvdid this with a flame thrower.

I have matches 17 , 18, 19-0 with the sar and burst rifle.
Many matches with 20+ downs using the HR.

Hey you either had a good game, played noobs, or your enemies were just plain dumb.
Message 8 of 103 (831 Views)
Fender Bender
3607 posts

Dec 27, 2013
Tim is here wrote :How do you know they weren't good players? Because you don't know any of them and they don't play 5000 matches a day to get level 200+?

If you are killing 2-3 people at a time with the flamethrower and more than once they are not good players. Like I said try it out against a solid team and then tell me if you think the Ft is OP.

If anyone is playing even a 10th of your exaggeration 500 matches a day people would be way beyond 2000 rank if it even goes that far or reach max rank 999.
Message 9 of 103 (824 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1296 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2013

Yes I exaggerated a tad on the amount of games it takes but you missed the entire point. You bascially were calling anyone below a certain rank a bad player. I don't know about you but for me matches can take up to 20-25 minutes and that includes the finding match and all the drawn out loading screens. It takes 7 games to gain 1 week. Just because someone doesn't play only this game all day every day does not make them a bad player. There are lots of players who are "Good" who arn't level 100+.

As far a team goes the multiplayer was not built just for "Good" teams. Naughty dog should take into acount everyone not just the "good players" And if everyone but the teams of "Good Players" get burned up by the flamethrower then don't you think its a bit over powered like my post suggested? I don't want them to make the weapon trash I am saying its too good for what you have to pay to use it. Example the machete is 4 loadout points. Flamethrower is 2. Flamethrower is far better than the machete. 

As far as the players I played against, I flanked them with the flamethrower. They didn't know it was coming. Even your so called good players can be killed easily if they don't watch their flank. (Insert BS 'Good players always watch their flank" statement)

My question to you is why are you defending a weapon you claim you don't use? Another one is why are you putting other players down because you don't agree with my opinion.

Instant kill

Only 300 Parts to buy

Has crazy range
Can kill multiple enemies
Combined with cheaper ammo 1 time use upgrade you get can a lot of firepower for cheap. 

*Edit* As far as me not using the flamethrower to get the score on my screen shot you guys have serious trust issues. What purpose would I fake a screen shot or make a false claim that i did 19/20 with the flame thrower if I didn't? To better my chances of what exactly? Nothing? Yeah okay. You guys really are something else. I post my opinion on a weapon in game and you jump on me because you don't agree? Lol 

Message 10 of 103 (813 Views)