Highlighted
Sep 01 2013
By: Bashilir Lombax Warrior 226 posts

Ideas for MP modes including the infected THAT ARE ORIGINAL

6 replies 247 views Edited Sep 1, 2013

So instead of a bland, and generic "horde" mode, let's come up with something original, yes? 

My basic ideas for a mode including the infected are as the following.

• A mode of some sorts that forces two teams in the middle of a firefight to have to find good places in the maps to hold off. Now, when they're holding off, if a team can kill off enough infected to create a gap of infected coming at them, they get so much time(perhaps a minute?) to find where the other team is holding up and attack them. Oh and, when this is happening, the handholding mini-map is disabled. Makes it more fun to find the other team. While this is happening, the 20 lives to go 0 until the infected are all eliminated.  I thought I'd emphasize this as, this isn't an ongoing event. This happens sometimes in a match, and sometimes not. It comes and goes.         

This idea is a little less developed but I hoped my fellow forumites could help expand on it. This idea came from me playing in the Subway earlier today. I had the idea that in the maps, there's an entrance to the subway(maybe only in a certain map?) In these events, a team(s) has to make it to the entrance and blockade it. To keep the infected out. Now, the cool thing about the subway is this, it randomly puts infected in it and not. It has ups, and it has downs. It keeps the other team outside, most likely being a meal for a clicker, but also risking the chance of being eaten yourself inside a dark, modly subway with only one way of of survivng, getting through the whole thing alive. 

Thoughts? Suggestions? I'll try to update it if someone comes up with a good idea but, my b-day is monday but doing stuff for it tomorrow. So, if I can, awesome, if I can't apologies. I'd love to get some feedback as I keep seeing threads for "HORDE MOED PL0X" without any original ideas for it. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 1 of 7 (247 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Re: Ideas for MP modes including the infected THAT ARE ORIGINAL

Sep 1, 2013
No infected coming. Not possible,
Move along
Message 2 of 7 (206 Views)
Splicer
66 posts

Too much of these "Infected mode ideas". Half of them are...

Sep 1, 2013

Too much of these "Infected mode ideas". Half of them are just terrible. 

Message 3 of 7 (198 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 2, 2013

IK tell you what I wouldn't mind seeing - a game mode where instead of hunters vs fireflies, you have humans vs infected. I know it'll probably never happen or get slated for copying gears, but I'd love to be able to select a style of infected and try and wipe out the humans. Not necessarily as a MP game mode, but more horde based

Like I said, I know it'll probably never happen, but I'd like to imagine it existing and then kicking some human **bleep** with a badass fungus.

Message 4 of 7 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Sep 2, 2013
Yeah, I would love playing as a bloater or a clicker. Might as well play blindfolded.
Message 5 of 7 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Re: Too much of these "Infected mode ideas". Half of them are...

Sep 4, 2013

KeyArch wrote:

Too much of these "Infected mode ideas". Half of them are just terrible. 

Did you even read the post? Unlike most of the threads, I'm actually trying to suggest original ideas that are creative and actually use thought to come up with. Please, if you're not going to be a good sport about it, or actually try to come up with an interesting concept, leave.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 6 of 7 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
17038 posts

Sep 4, 2013
There won't be infected on the multiplayer, unless its coop, apparently. "Technical difficulties."

Search function.
[ 39 ]
Message 7 of 7 (93 Views)
0 Likes