Jul 07 2013
By: sweetcastlemagic Wastelander 595 posts

If Naughty Dog makes a Co-op Survival infected mode...

[ Edited ]
31 replies 546 views Edited Jul 7, 2013

Please make it longer than 10 rounds.  While I've always enjoyed Uncharted's Co-op arena modes, I've always felt 10 rounds were too short.  

I would like a fleshed out coop mode, with waves of infected lasting at least 50 rounds.  I know that seems like a lot, but I really believe a mode like that would add a ton of replay value to the multiplayer.  Each round could get progressively harder, with more dangerous infected.  Players have to fortify positions, nail doors/windows, and have to scavenge items/supplies in a really tense environment. 

If anyone else has Co-op survival ideas post them below.  I think this would be an amazing mode to add via an update or DLC. 

Message 1 of 32 (546 Views)
Naughty Paw
11600 posts

Re: If Naughty Dog makes a COOP Survival infected mode...

Jul 7, 2013
I don't like the sound of a coop mode. Too many feathers.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 2 of 32 (529 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Jul 7, 2013
i would love a horde mode that lasted as long as gears 2 horde as the matches could last up to 2 hours from start to finish
#ProtectorProgramme
Message 3 of 32 (518 Views)
Wastelander
595 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

@ ATOMBOY  Yeah, that's what I was thinking, a horde mode.  Gears has an amazing Horde mode.  That's what I like about Gears' horde mode, the matches last at least 2 hours from start to finish.  It never gets old either because you can change the difficulty.  Maybe ND could make this horde mode with different difficulties with Survivor difficulty being the hardest in their version of horde.

Message 4 of 32 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

AKyemeni , your signature makes me want to kill you.... (so jelly)

Editor/Organizer
Message 5 of 32 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11600 posts

Re: If Naughty Dog makes a Co-op Survival infected mode...

Jul 7, 2013
Why? I don't live in Australia.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 6 of 32 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jul 7, 2013
I found it strange there isnt one already. The setting screams for it. Also find the lack of character creation strange. Rather large opportunitys missed here. If both these things were added it would quadruple the life span.
Message 7 of 32 (461 Views)
Wastelander
595 posts

Jul 7, 2013

LegendaryPLANK wrote:
I found it strange there isnt one already. The setting screams for it. Also find the lack of character creation strange. Rather large opportunitys missed here. If both these things were added it would quadruple the life span.

Yeah, I'm surprised as well.   This game is PERFECT for a long, flesh out Co-op mode like horde in Gears. 

Message 8 of 32 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Its 'The last of us' not the 'Gears of war',why do we have to compare this to a microsoft game?
Message 9 of 32 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
595 posts

Jul 7, 2013

s0n0XdeX wrote:
Its 'The last of us' not the 'Gears of war',why do we have to compare this to a microsoft game?

I take it that you never played Horde mode?  Because a horde type mode in The Last of Us would be amazing.  It's a Co-op mode in which you try to fortify positions, and kill waves and waves of enemies.  If The Last of Us did a co-op mode fending off waves of infected, it would be a ton of fun.  Uncharted did a great co-op arena mode, but it only lasted 10 round.  If they did a co-op arena mode with infected, but made it last like 50 rounds, it would be a lot of fun.  Even Black Ops' Zombie mode is fun because that co-op mode lasts a long time too.

Message 10 of 32 (423 Views)
0 Likes