Nov 22 2013
By: trav1ce Lombax Warrior 107 posts

Innovative Ideas. What's yours?

[ Edited ]
106 replies 7069 views Edited Nov 22, 2013

I would like to see a different armor to buy. One that's fire retardant for Molotov and flamethrowers but with no effect on bullets. One that has a gasmask for when getting smoked, Also no effect on bullets. Each with a breaking limit like the standard armor. Please just Ideas. Nobody wants to hear about how you don't care. Think positive people.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VBc8MeR.jpg?1[/IMG]
Message 1 of 107 (7,069 Views)
Splicer
39 posts

Re: Innovative Ideas. What's yours?

Nov 22, 2013

Shivs are getting out of hand. By this I mean that players don't brawl anymore, they run in circles desperate to get just the right angle to "shiv" kill you. You can be shooting them (easy since it slows the camera pan) you can be punching them (this part really bugs me) and they'll just instantly kill you. Boop.

I think the solution should be this: If you punch them, they can't shiv you on a cooldown for like, 2 seconds or something. My understanding was that the reason for shivs was to emphasize stealth, sneaking, and completely capitalize on somebody who's unaware of you. If you're punching them or hitting them with a machete, a stick, then obviously you're aware of them. I think this would breathe some life into what I see as kind of a nerf'd brawling mechanic.

I have another possible solution, what if punching in a direction other than upward, were to SHIFT THE CAMERA in the direction you were punching?? Part of the problem is that you get two punches in, and if you're following somebody to the right, after those two punches, the camera reverts to facing the same exact direction, and you face away from them as though you weren't doing anything...

I dunno, that's my idea. Shiv circles are cheesy as cheese.

Message 2 of 107 (7,046 Views)
I Only Post Everything
925 posts

Nov 22, 2013

elplasstico wrote:

Shivs are getting out of hand. By this I mean that players don't brawl anymore, they run in circles desperate to get just the right angle to "shiv" kill you. You can be shooting them (easy since it slows the camera pan) you can be punching them (this part really bugs me) and they'll just instantly kill you. Boop.

I think the solution should be this: If you punch them, they can't shiv you on a cooldown for like, 2 seconds or something. My understanding was that the reason for shivs was to emphasize stealth, sneaking, and completely capitalize on somebody who's unaware of you. If you're punching them or hitting them with a machete, a stick, then obviously you're aware of them. I think this would breathe some life into what I see as kind of a nerf'd brawling mechanic.

I have another possible solution, what if punching in a direction other than upward, were to SHIFT THE CAMERA in the direction you were punching?? Part of the problem is that you get two punches in, and if you're following somebody to the right, after those two punches, the camera reverts to facing the same exact direction, and you face away from them as though you weren't doing anything...

I couldnt agree more, sir.

Message 3 of 107 (7,043 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 22, 2013

Whichever direction you're pointing the left analog stick will auto aim your character when you press square. Seriously, if you suspect someone is going to try to shiv dance you just do your best to keep your stick pointed toward them while mashing square - I rarely ever get shiv danced doing this. Your character will literally pull a 180 to punch them. Of course, lag can still get you killed, which always sucks.

I do like your idea about not being able to shiv if recently punched though. Seems logical.

trav1ce wrote:

One that's fire retardant for Molotov and flamethrowers but with no effect on bullets. One that has a gasmask for when getting smoked, Also no effect on bullets.

These ideas sound great, honestly I wish there were more armor options and your ideas sound like a lot of fun, and a way to really switch up gameplay.

Message 4 of 107 (7,037 Views)
Naughty Host
9623 posts

Nov 22, 2013
My old idea for armor was to have both body armor and the helmet sold separately.

Message 5 of 107 (7,029 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1171 posts

Nov 22, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
My old idea for armor was to have both body armor and the helmet sold separately.

I fully support this. 500 for armor and 500 for head armor

Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 6 of 107 (7,022 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1158 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 22, 2013

elplasstico wrote:

I agree. The idea to have a cooldown is great. However I have the problem that if someone is trying to shiv-circle I hit square but he was smart enough to get a bit away so my punch isn't hitting him AND my camera does not shift in his direction so I don't even know where exactly he is. So he has enough time to use the cooldown of my punches (it's punch, punch - cooldown - punch, punch) to shiv me. Very annoying. Is there a way to get around this?

Art by Janice Chu
Message 7 of 107 (7,017 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Nov 22, 2013

trav1ce wrote:

I would like to see a different armor to buy. One that's fire retardant for Molotov and flamethrowers but with no effect on bullets. One that has a gasmask for when getting smoked, Also no effect on bullets. Each with a breaking limit like the standard armor. Please just Ideas. Nobody wants to hear about how you don't care. Think positive people.

I like the idea of this^. Asbestos armor, who's in? :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
Message 8 of 107 (7,009 Views)
Survivor
2432 posts

Nov 22, 2013

elplasstico wrote:

I agree. There should definitely be some staggering from getting slugged, more so from the unmodded 2x4. The stupid "shiv dance" is simply a dumb exploit that should be removed, just like that retarded "punch-roll" in Uncharted 3... :smileymad:

Photobucket
Message 9 of 107 (7,006 Views)
Wastelander
677 posts

Nov 22, 2013

I want to select my Character. Each Match you get a Random Character (who just wears the hat/mask you selected) - but if you have a favorite Character? Or don't like the most Hunter Skins? Only playing as my favorite Character would be fun and it would make it more personally than just an Emblem!

Just a few Pics of my favorite Hunter:

hunter1

hunter2

"You mean the hardest weapon in the game to master and get good with and actually requires skill DOESN'T need a nerf?!?
Get outa here." -dh0rmazine
Message 10 of 107 (6,981 Views)