*The L in alex is an i.

Message 31 of 107 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Re: Innovative Ideas. What's yours?

Nov 22, 2013

INCANGENERAL wrote:

There have been 4 nerfs; ee, SAR, brawler, 2x4. 3 buffs; FT, shorty, HR.

o'rly?

nerfs: semi, ee

rebalance: brawler

buff: FT, shorty, HR, burst

the fact that plank doesnt (?) appear in surv has nothing to do with its effectivness. also, its guaranteed in int/supply(?). often quite a few.

Message 32 of 107 (244 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2180 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2013

bialy0021 wrote:

INCANGENERAL wrote:

There have been 4 nerfs; ee, SAR, brawler, 2x4. 3 buffs; FT, shorty, HR.

o'rly?

nerfs: semi, ee

rebalance: brawler

buff: FT, shorty, HR, burst

the fact that plank doesnt (?) appear in surv has nothing to do with its effectivness. also, its guaranteed in int/supply(?). often quite a few.

Changing a certain item to cater to whiners who complain all the time is considered NERFING i.e. brawler/2x4.

Yes the 2x4 is considered a nerf for the fact that people complained that players would get them before they did hence the complaining or that some players don't know how to keep their 2x4 but others do therefore downing them with the modded 2x4. And the burst rifle didn't get buffed you imbecile, it mearly got ammo cost reduced nothing involving damage increase or more accuracy.

Idiots Everywhere

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 33 of 107 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6275 posts

Nov 22, 2013

just because people complained about it doesn't make it a nerf. By that logic the Hunting Rifle and Flamethrower got 'nerfed' as well because people complained about them, but they didn't they got buffs.

a nerf is taking any feature of a weapon, be that accuracy, capacity, recoil, damage, cost (in this case loadout points parts, etc.) or any other thing and making it worse in any degree.

a buff is the exact opposite of that.

The SAR got an accuracy reduction and clip size reduction; nerf

Explosion Expert got it's radius reduced; nerf

The Hunting rifle got it's reload speed shortened and scoped-in time shortened; buff

the Flamethrower got it's damage increased; buff

The burst rifle got it's ammo price reduced; buff

the shorty got its Rate of fire increased; buff

The 2x4 algorithm was changed in how it spawns; this can't directly be seen as a positive or negative thing so it is a tweak

Brawler is questionable since it inherently still does the exact same thing, but i'm personally leaning toward that being a nerf

photo Sniper.png
Message 34 of 107 (232 Views)
Sackboy
460 posts

Nov 22, 2013

@L_A_White_Boy

what sanddude20 wrote.

also, i actually know what is and what is not a nerf or a buff. i would imagine imbecile does not. oh, wait...

Message 35 of 107 (221 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Nov 22, 2013

Nerds.

[Former Forum Tag Champion]
Adapt or perish!

*The L in alex is an i.

Message 36 of 107 (210 Views)
Survivor
2222 posts

Nov 23, 2013

sanddude wrote people complained about it doesn't make it a nerf. By that logic the Hunting Rifle and Flamethrower got 'nerfed' as well because people complained about them, but they didn't they got buffs.

a nerf is taking any feature of a weapon, be that accuracy, capacity, recoil, damage, cost (in this case loadout points parts, etc.) or any other thing and making it worse in any degree.

a buff is the exact opposite of that.

The SAR got an accuracy reduction and clip size reduction; nerf

Explosion Expert got it's radius reduced; nerf

The Hunting rifle got it's reload speed shortened and scoped-in time shortened; buff

the Flamethrower got it's damage increased; buff

The burst rifle got it's ammo price reduced; buff

the shorty got its Rate of fire increased; buff

The 2x4 algorithm was changed in how it spawns; this can't directly be seen as a positive or negative thing so it is a tweak

Brawler is questionable since it inherently still does the exact same thing, but i'm personally leaning toward that

Message 37 of 107 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2222 posts

Nov 23, 2013

Naughty dog wrote: Reworked the initial 2×4 spawning logic to make the first 2×4 spawn a bit later to balance the escalation of the match.

Lowered the overall number of potential 2x4s that could spawn in a match by including weighting based on match progress.

The additional hit on modded melee weapons has been moved from Brawler Level 1 to Level 2, and the health gain from melee hits moved from Level 2 to 1.

Both of the above are nerfs AK and sanddudes conjectures are wrong. Read for yourselves and yes BR did get a buff in ammo cost.

Message 38 of 107 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6275 posts

Nov 23, 2013

brawler =/= 2x4

2x4s spawning later guarentee more players a higher chance in getting one, instead of duping 2-3 players to never see them during the whole match. It spawning later (only 2 minutes later at that) has no demoralizing effect on the 2x4 whatsoever, learn what a nerf is before you boldly claim you are right...

photo Sniper.png
Message 39 of 107 (161 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1173 posts

Nov 23, 2013
Here's an innovative idea, let's not turn this into another nerf/buff argument thread. Oh wait.
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 40 of 107 (157 Views)