Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2432 posts

Re: Innovative Ideas. What's yours?

Nov 23, 2013

cdub420-- wrote:

A-Crap-PIayer wrote:

So basically people want the shiv nerfed. Well well well seems I was right in my October Q&A question post to ND (about if they nerfed the 2x4 then the shiv tactics would become more popular). Watch out Covert Training and shiv users because the nerf brigade are gunning for your tactics now.

Lol nerf=bad. Are you done yet?

Are YOU?

Photobucket
Message 51 of 97 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Nov 23, 2013

L_A_White_Boy wrote:

bialy0021 wrote:

INCANGENERAL wrote:

There have been 4 nerfs; ee, SAR, brawler, 2x4. 3 buffs; FT, shorty, HR.

o'rly?

nerfs: semi, ee

rebalance: brawler

buff: FT, shorty, HR, burst

the fact that plank doesnt (?) appear in surv has nothing to do with its effectivness. also, its guaranteed in int/supply(?). often quite a few.

Changing a certain item to cater to whiners who complain all the time is considered NERFING i.e. brawler/2x4.

Yes the 2x4 is considered a nerf for the fact that people complained that players would get them before they did hence the complaining or that some players don't know how to keep their 2x4 but others do therefore downing them with the modded 2x4. And the burst rifle didn't get buffed you imbecile, it mearly got ammo cost reduced nothing involving damage increase or more accuracy.

Idiots Everywhere

After reading your statement, I'm going to agree with your meme, as it's totes appropriate. :smileyindifferent:

Photobucket
Message 52 of 97 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Nov 23, 2013

INCANGENERAL wrote:

Trav1ce wrote: Exactly. This is for Ideas, not for bickering. Take it to a different thread guys. We want ideas here.

Really to me your idea is how to nerf the flamethrower and molotovs. Then other people saying let's nerf the shiv. Why not get on them? I'm simply correcting some misinformed indiviuals. Innovative ideas on how to nerf weapons, im not with it.

Who said nerf the shiv? Which post was this? Or are you just being delusional again? 2x4 functionality untouched but frequency tweaked is a nerf, really... *smh*

Photobucket
Message 53 of 97 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1725 posts

Nov 23, 2013

Ellotico wrote:smileyfrustrated:hivs are getting out of hand. By this I mean that players don't brawl anymore, they run in circles desperate to get just the right angle to "shiv" kill you. You can be shooting them (easy since it slows the camera pan) you can be punching them (this part really bugs me) and they'll just instantly kill you. Boop.

I think the solution should be this: If you punch them, they can't shiv you on a cooldown for like, 2 seconds or something. My understanding was that the reason for shivs was to emphasize stealth, sneaking, and completely capitalize on somebody who's unaware of you. If you're punching them or hitting them with a machete, a stick, then obviously you're aware of them. I think this would breathe some life into what I see as kind of a nerf'd brawling mechanic.

I have another possible solution, what if punching in a direction other than upward, were to SHIFT THE CAMERA in the direction you were punching?? Part of the problem is that you get two punches in, and if you're following...

Message 54 of 97 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1725 posts

Nov 23, 2013

Stardeth the ^ is a nerf suggestion against shivs and you and reellongbow both support it. I maintain the 2x4 was nerfed it NEVER appears in survivors and appears later and less frequently in supply raid which lowers it's effectiveness in all modes.

Message 55 of 97 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
655 posts

Nov 23, 2013
Shiv dance isn't that easy. Besides that, you can counter a Guy with 2x4 and if you notice someone tries to dance shiv you: just run away or try to play more stealthy! It's like a little challenge.

"You mean the hardest weapon in the game to master and get good with and actually requires skill DOESN'T need a nerf?!?
Get outa here." -dh0rmazine
Message 56 of 97 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Nov 23, 2013

INCANGENERAL wrote:

Stardeth the ^ is a nerf suggestion against shivs and you and reellongbow both support it. I maintain the 2x4 was nerfed it NEVER appears in survivors and appears later and less frequently in supply raid which lowers it's effectiveness in all modes.

Are you mental or what? That stupid shiv dance crap is what he's talking about, it's a idiotic exploit that shouldn't be in the game, PERIOD. Removing that moronic maneuver isn't a nerf, nor is the 2x4 FREQUENCY, because neither issue manipulates the effectiveness of the weapon. Anybody with an intellect above that of a 4-year-old can understand that... oh, sorry. THREE-year-old, didn't want to give you complainers too much credit.

Photobucket
Message 57 of 97 (99 Views)
Survivor
2432 posts

Nov 23, 2013

SonGaton wrote:
Shiv dance isn't that easy. Besides that, you can counter a Guy with 2x4 and if you notice someone tries to dance shiv you: just run away or try to play more stealthy! It's like a little challenge.

Exploits are for children who can't play a video game in the manner it was originally intended, are found by accident, and then spread around like herpes. Tricks have no place in video games, but the weak can't fathom having to improve their gameplay tactics to do without.

Photobucket
Message 58 of 97 (98 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1725 posts

Nov 23, 2013

Stardeth -name calling really. My intellect is fine thanks for your concern. Easy to give faceless insults . I won't resort to your 5 year old like tantrum. You probably get VIOLATED by shiv dancing therefore you are all for nerfing it. You like to run your mouth i'd disciple you in person believe that.

Message 59 of 97 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5876 posts

Nov 23, 2013

my ideas personally only go as far as aesthetics. I personally don't want unecessary additions to the MP as it appears that they may bog down the MP in a bad way...

for customization, I will like backpack customization as those seem like the most prevelant items on your character; with pins you can add on them. I would also want soundwise to hear clicking noise in some of the more darker maps

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Message 60 of 97 (82 Views)