Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/26/2012
Offline
321 posts
 

Re: Innovative Ideas. What's yours?

Nov 25, 2013

 


trav1ce wrote:

I would like to see a different armor to buy. One that's fire retardant for Molotov and flamethrowers but with no effect on bullets. One that has a gasmask for when getting smoked, Also no effect on bullets. Each with a breaking limit like the standard armor. Please just Ideas. Nobody wants to hear about how you don't care. Think positive people.


armor already does that.



"no assist."
Message 71 of 97 (218 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 07/20/2013
Offline
54 posts
 

Re: Innovative Ideas. What's yours?

Nov 25, 2013

I would love for more varied enviornments in maps. Water/flooded areas would be a neat addition. With this idea using these map areas to your advantage would be awsome. Imagine a player standing on the edge of a flooded area and all of the sudden a player under the water with a shiv does a take down by reaching up and pulling the guy in and then stabbing him under the water.

Message 72 of 97 (208 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 11/22/2013
Offline
37 posts
 

Re: Innovative Ideas. What's yours?

Nov 25, 2013

...In light of all the discussion I've sparked, what with the supporters and the haters crying "NERF" I feel like I'm gonna take this moment to restate what I suggested for shiv kills.

If you play this game online, you've probably noticed that some people shiv after stunning somebody with a smoke bomb, some people shiv when they sneak up on a person from behind; but an alarming number of people simply sprint full tilt towards an enemy, race to get the right camera angle, and shiv somebody who's perfectly aware of them. I see this as problematic, insomuch as I don't think it should be quite so easy to instantly down/execute somebody, and it's an unfortunately popular tactic.

Full disclosure, I'm not at all a noob, I play almost exclusively survivor mode, and I'm approaching my 300th week.  Since survivor has decidedly higher stakes than interrogation or supply raid, I have a fairly strong opinion on the matter of "instant kills"

 

My proposal goes like this: If you manage to wound your attacker, then they should NOT be able to shiv you for a few seconds. Because of internet latency issues, I feel this is necessary; it's very very possible to be shot around walls for example, you just need to have maybe 2 bars of latency between you and your attacker, and 1 second of delay. 1 second of delay can go a long way, and therefore if you wound somebody, they shouldn't be able take advantage of lousy internet so much that they can instantly kill you. Furthermore, I feel that a brawler shouldn't be trumped by a **bleep** with a tiny knife. I can't count the number of times I've punched a guy two or three times before they've simply poked me in the neck for my instant death.

 

I feel that this is a gameplay mechanical flaw, and I think that this is a reasonable countermeasure to the flaw. I also think that rather than "nerf" shivs, it would boost the brawler mechanic, which for my estimation has already been more than effectively "nerf'd."

I know there are haters around here, and haters gon' hate, but let's keep them in perspective here, I'm not saying "get rid of smoke bombs" or something crazy here; Just if you have a mechanic that greatly rewards sneaking, best make sure it's "sneaking" that gets rewarded...

Message 73 of 97 (184 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/06/2013
Offline
1725 posts
 

Re: Innovative Ideas. What's yours?

Nov 25, 2013

Elplasticco^ You're still asking to nerf the shiv albeit one aspect of it and what you and others deem a mechanical flaw. Until ND says it's a mechanical flaw , i'm not speculating it is. I disagree with the suggestion, i don't think it's a horrible suggestion, but I am still against it. There is risk involved in the shiv dance and it can be thwarted. I too enjoy the brawler perk but even still I say no.

Message 74 of 97 (173 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/09/2011
Offline
925 posts
 

Re: Innovative Ideas. What's yours?

Nov 25, 2013

elplasstico wrote:

...In light of all the discussion I've sparked, what with the supporters and the haters crying "NERF" I feel like I'm gonna take this moment to restate what I suggested for shiv kills.

If you play this game online, you've probably noticed that some people shiv after stunning somebody with a smoke bomb, some people shiv when they sneak up on a person from behind; but an alarming number of people simply sprint full tilt towards an enemy, race to get the right camera angle, and shiv somebody who's perfectly aware of them. I see this as problematic, insomuch as I don't think it should be quite so easy to instantly down/execute somebody, and it's an unfortunately popular tactic.

Full disclosure, I'm not at all a noob, I play almost exclusively survivor mode, and I'm approaching my 300th week.  Since survivor has decidedly higher stakes than interrogation or supply raid, I have a fairly strong opinion on the matter of "instant kills"

 

My proposal goes like this: If you manage to wound your attacker, then they should NOT be able to shiv you for a few seconds. Because of internet latency issues, I feel this is necessary; it's very very possible to be shot around walls for example, you just need to have maybe 2 bars of latency between you and your attacker, and 1 second of delay. 1 second of delay can go a long way, and therefore if you wound somebody, they shouldn't be able take advantage of lousy internet so much that they can instantly kill you. Furthermore, I feel that a brawler shouldn't be trumped by a **bleep** with a tiny knife. I can't count the number of times I've punched a guy two or three times before they've simply poked me in the neck for my instant death.

 

I feel that this is a gameplay mechanical flaw, and I think that this is a reasonable countermeasure to the flaw. I also think that rather than "nerf" shivs, it would boost the brawler mechanic, which for my estimation has already been more than effectively "nerf'd."

I know there are haters around here, and haters gon' hate, but let's keep them in perspective here, I'm not saying "get rid of smoke bombs" or something crazy here; Just if you have a mechanic that greatly rewards sneaking, best make sure it's "sneaking" that gets rewarded...


Yeah the shiv dance is BS.

Message 75 of 97 (167 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 11/22/2013
Offline
37 posts
 

Re: Innovative Ideas. What's yours?

Nov 26, 2013

INCANGENERAL wrote:

Elplasticco^ You're still asking to nerf the shiv albeit one aspect of it and what you and others deem a mechanical flaw. Until ND says it's a mechanical flaw , i'm not speculating it is. I disagree with the suggestion, i don't think it's a horrible suggestion, but I am still against it. There is risk involved in the shiv dance and it can be thwarted. I too enjoy the brawler perk but even still I say no.


So wait, you don't think it's silly that you can punch a dude repeatedly and still get shiv'd because of funny camera angles?

 

Message 76 of 97 (157 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5878 posts
 

Re: Innovative Ideas. What's yours?

Nov 26, 2013

INCANGENERAL wrote:

Elplasticco^ You're still asking to nerf the shiv albeit one aspect of it and what you and others deem a mechanical flaw. Until ND says it's a mechanical flaw , i'm not speculating it is. I disagree with the suggestion, i don't think it's a horrible suggestion, but I am still against it. There is risk involved in the shiv dance and it can be thwarted. I too enjoy the brawler perk but even still I say no.


so you don't hate the suggestion...but you're against it solely because you think of it as a 'nerf' rather it being good or bad. That...logic

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 77 of 97 (149 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/06/2013
Offline
1725 posts
 

Re: Innovative Ideas. What's yours?

Nov 26, 2013
Sanddude I don't think it is a horrible suggestion however I am against it because it would be a slight nerf I have fun shiving people all 3 ways via smoke and running up behind them and the shiv dance is fun and risky . Same reason I was against nerfing brawler and the 2x4 being seen later and less often in the game. In the end it's about having fun for me and I have fun hitting people in the head with a 2x4 and shiving people etc.
Message 78 of 97 (140 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/23/2009
Offline
2432 posts
 

Re: Innovative Ideas. What's yours?

Nov 26, 2013

reeLONGBOW wrote:

elplasstico wrote:

...In light of all the discussion I've sparked, what with the supporters and the haters crying "NERF" I feel like I'm gonna take this moment to restate what I suggested for shiv kills.

If you play this game online, you've probably noticed that some people shiv after stunning somebody with a smoke bomb, some people shiv when they sneak up on a person from behind; but an alarming number of people simply sprint full tilt towards an enemy, race to get the right camera angle, and shiv somebody who's perfectly aware of them. I see this as problematic, insomuch as I don't think it should be quite so easy to instantly down/execute somebody, and it's an unfortunately popular tactic.

Full disclosure, I'm not at all a noob, I play almost exclusively survivor mode, and I'm approaching my 300th week.  Since survivor has decidedly higher stakes than interrogation or supply raid, I have a fairly strong opinion on the matter of "instant kills"

 

My proposal goes like this: If you manage to wound your attacker, then they should NOT be able to shiv you for a few seconds. Because of internet latency issues, I feel this is necessary; it's very very possible to be shot around walls for example, you just need to have maybe 2 bars of latency between you and your attacker, and 1 second of delay. 1 second of delay can go a long way, and therefore if you wound somebody, they shouldn't be able take advantage of lousy internet so much that they can instantly kill you. Furthermore, I feel that a brawler shouldn't be trumped by a **bleep** with a tiny knife. I can't count the number of times I've punched a guy two or three times before they've simply poked me in the neck for my instant death.

 

I feel that this is a gameplay mechanical flaw, and I think that this is a reasonable countermeasure to the flaw. I also think that rather than "nerf" shivs, it would boost the brawler mechanic, which for my estimation has already been more than effectively "nerf'd."

I know there are haters around here, and haters gon' hate, but let's keep them in perspective here, I'm not saying "get rid of smoke bombs" or something crazy here; Just if you have a mechanic that greatly rewards sneaking, best make sure it's "sneaking" that gets rewarded...


Yeah the shiv dance is BS.


So's the punch-roll in Uncharted 3. ND needs to remove both EXPLOITS (i.e.; illegitimate tactics that were never intended to be employed in-game that were found accidentally and were spread around like a disease so bad players could feel better about being horrible at video games). Since this has absolutely no affect on the potency of the shiv, in the same way that the frequency change of the 2x4 doesn't affect its functionality, this is NOT a nerf, no matter how many try to cry about it being just that. It's called a TWEAK, and people need to come to terms with this fact. :smileyindifferent:

Photobucket
Message 79 of 97 (121 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Host
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
8692 posts
 

Re: Innovative Ideas. What's yours?

Nov 26, 2013
^How was the whack n roll an exploit if ND promoted the tactics in their own video AND via BIG2's videos that were featured on UCTV?

Message 80 of 97 (118 Views)
Reply
0 Likes