Survivor
2432 posts

Re: Innovative Ideas. What's yours?

Nov 26, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
^How was the whack n roll an exploit if ND promoted the tactics in their own video AND via BIG2's videos that were featured on UCTV?

ND didn't make a video saying, "Hey guys, here's a stupid way to punch somebody and not get punched back even when there's an OBVIOUS connect made on you!" As far as ANY fan-made UCTV content, that's just a bunch of garbage meant for egotists to show off how "good" they were with a T-bolt. Face facts: if the game registers 2 SMACK! noises when you commit this "great tactic" and you take no damage, something isn't working like it should; defending an exploit is just saying, "I needs my cheats, brah!". :smileyindifferent:

Photobucket
Message 81 of 107 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9621 posts

Nov 26, 2013
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LEWnzMAYU1E&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DLEWnzMAYU1E

That connect you hear when no damage is made is lag, like hitting somebody more times than necessary to kill them.

Message 82 of 107 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Nov 26, 2013

That backwards roll you do immediately after you punch is called a physical impossibility, and regardless of whether or not your 'body' is rolling, a punch delivered to said 'body' from directly next to it is going to inflict damage, hence the point of it being labeled an exploit. Perfect example: you are up against a wall and I'm standing right in front of you, bookending you between me and the wall. You do that stupid roll at the wall after punching me. I punch you back. Even though you're pinned between me and the wall, my punch causes no damage. Why? Not because of lag, but because this move is an EXPLOIT. I'm perfectly capable of doing this exploit, but I refuse to do so because it's essentially a cheat that was accidentally built into the game, and I'm not a little kid who has to cheat to play a video game.

Photobucket
Message 83 of 107 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9621 posts

Nov 26, 2013
Physical impossibility?

We're bringing real world physics into this?

I still don't get what you are against. Are you against the fact that you can shorten the melee animation by rolling (whack n roll) or that someone rolling can't be hit by melee?

Message 84 of 107 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Nov 26, 2013
It's over 9000!! - Vegeta.
Message 85 of 107 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Nov 26, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
Physical impossibility?

We're bringing real world physics into this?

I still don't get what you are against. Are you against the fact that you can shorten the melee animation by rolling (whack n roll) or that someone rolling can't be hit by melee?

The latter. When combined with the former, it makes a ridiculous maneuver that seems is the only way that an entirely too large group seem to be able to get a kill in-game. At least they're consistent with their imbecilism, because nearly all of them use the same taunt. But of course, "if it's in the game, it's meant to be there, right?" *eyeroll*

Photobucket
Message 86 of 107 (118 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Nov 26, 2013

1) Where are the bricks and glass bottles to use in Multiplayer? It would have a little more umph than a regular punch if you were just brawling.

2) How about getting to choose your gender and race? Enough with the stupid hats ND..nobody cares about a rooster hat. Sorry, but I don't like playing as a girl character. Never did it in Uncharted so why am I forced to be one now?

3)  I wouldn't mind if the grass/weeds was a bit higher to hide your bombs in. They are just too exposed and easy to see.

4) How about being able to buy a gas mask to avoid getting hit with smoke bmbs. Make it a purchasable item.

5) I hate the wooden board when you craft. 1 or 2 hit max and then it's gone. Where is the baseball bat like we see in the load game screenshot? The Tire iron? If you get those, increase the brawlwer's hits to 3 or 4

6) Change up the locations of the supply boxes every now and then. There are tons of map space that are so under utilized. You know what I'm talking about...it's where we all go to hide if we are the last survivor.

Message 87 of 107 (115 Views)
Wastelander
677 posts

Nov 26, 2013
^ Better Customization? I just made a thread about it. I don't like to play as a girl too.

"You mean the hardest weapon in the game to master and get good with and actually requires skill DOESN'T need a nerf?!?
Get outa here." -dh0rmazine
Message 88 of 107 (104 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1528 posts

Nov 26, 2013
Speaking of the brick and bottle, I'd like them added for use as distractions like they were in the SP. Make throwing one put a blip on the mini map to distract enemies while you move somewhere else.
Message 89 of 107 (101 Views)
Splicer
39 posts

Nov 26, 2013

trojbrown40 wrote:

1) Where are the bricks and glass bottles to use in Multiplayer? It would have a little more umph than a regular punch if you were just brawling.

2) How about getting to choose your gender and race? Enough with the stupid hats ND..nobody cares about a rooster hat. Sorry, but I don't like playing as a girl character. Never did it in Uncharted so why am I forced to be one now?

3)  I wouldn't mind if the grass/weeds was a bit higher to hide your bombs in. They are just too exposed and easy to see.

4) How about being able to buy a gas mask to avoid getting hit with smoke bmbs. Make it a purchasable item.

5) I hate the wooden board when you craft. 1 or 2 hit max and then it's gone. Where is the baseball bat like we see in the load game screenshot? The Tire iron? If you get those, increase the brawlwer's hits to 3 or 4

6) Change up the locations of the supply boxes every now and then. There are tons of map space that are so under utilized. You know what I'm talking about...it's where we all go to hide if we are the last survivor.

1. Probably in testing they messed up the balance of things. I'm sure they had a good reason. Me I'm more curious where the zombies are at!

2. I think the fact that you can't choose your gender or race is kind of... the POINT. You don't like playing as a girl character? My god... no greater tragedy has ever befallen the gaming community..

3. Hiding bombs is a delicate art. Making it easier would remove from the artistry.

4. I actually kind of like the idea of having gas masks. It's easy to forget that you're in TLOU world with zombies and such, since you never see them ever in the online game. People always carry around gas masks in the single-player game, I feel like they should have them in the multiplayer. Why not?
5. 2x4s are fine; You can keep them as long as you want if you work with your items well enough; And you can down 4 people with brawler perk on. How are you supposed to beat that?

6.Yeah, I think that kinda makes sense; they could switch things up a little; although they kinda do between survivor and supply raid mode*

Message 90 of 107 (99 Views)
0 Likes