Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1698 posts

Re: Multiplayer Gameplay footage: Survivor Mode - Bill's Town

Jun 15, 2013
Unfortunately revive does indeed lead teams to stick together. Which in itself leads to quite boring matches. One team of four against another. Sometimes you'll down someone... And then see they're actually in a group of four. It's pretty gross. I prefer a more tactical battle!!
Killzone 2 userbar
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 82 (289 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4038 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Cloudburst-- wrote:
Unfortunately revive does indeed lead teams to stick together. Which in itself leads to quite boring matches. One team of four against another. Sometimes you'll down someone... And then see they're actually in a group of four. It's pretty gross. I prefer a more tactical battle!!

So far, I think it is well balanced. I got a lot of kills on people trying to revive their teammates. They are good bait.

And once you down an enemy, so many people try to go for the special execution when all you need to do is just shoot them a few more times.

As for everyone sticking together: I don't see anything wrong with that. Strength in numbers! Though my team did have better luck with a 2 & 2 formation around the map(s).

We had one round where my team (me, my brother, and his two friends) came upon with the other team. We downed 3 of the 4.. And instead of that guy trying to revive even ONE of his teammates, he fled! lol

We chased him down, surrounded him in an ally, and mowed him down in a hail of gunfire.

For anyone without an Xbox 360: If you never played "Gears of War," T.L.O.U's MP is similar.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 82 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5743 posts

Jun 16, 2013

Made another video folks!

I'll keep cranking them out for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4_gySVQrAA&list=PLfq8ylsSgyWfNg771cy1PmMOnz4htZe3Y&index=4

------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/swingpoynt -- Last of Us Multiplayer Gameplay 2.7+ K/D Calibur.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 82 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5743 posts

Jun 16, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

Cloudburst-- wrote:

So far, I think it is well balanced. I got a lot of kills on people trying to revive their teammates. They are good bait.

And once you down an enemy, so many people try to go for the special execution when all you need to do is just shoot them a few more times.

As for everyone sticking together: I don't see anything wrong with that. Strength in numbers! Though my team did have better luck with a 2 & 2 formation around the map(s).

We had one round where my team (me, my brother, and his two friends) came upon with the other team. We downed 3 of the 4.. And instead of that guy trying to revive even ONE of his teammates, he fled! lol

We chased him down, surrounded him in an ally, and mowed him down in a hail of gunfire.

For anyone without an Xbox 360: If you never played "Gears of War," T.L.O.U's MP is similar.

One great way to go about taking out multiple people when you are the last one left is to craft a melee weapon. They are 1 hitter quitters!

https://www.youtube.com/swingpoynt -- Last of Us Multiplayer Gameplay 2.7+ K/D Calibur.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 82 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5743 posts

Jun 16, 2013

Keeping them coming! Here is another :smileyhappy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P8IOiDCyR4&list=PLfq8ylsSgyWfNg771cy1PmMOnz4htZe3Y

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 82 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5743 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Hey folks! Sorry for the wait! I managed to make a pretty lengthy video for you all from the livestream I did.

10 matches. No intermissions, straight gameplay, all **bleep** kicking.

And we had fun doing it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pfsW3hij4I&list=PLfq8ylsSgyWfNg771cy1PmMOnz4htZe3Y&index=7

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 82 (241 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Re: Multiplayer Gameplay (2.7+ K/D) with Commentary: Survivors Mode

Jun 22, 2013
You need to stop sprinting so much it gives away your position.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 82 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5743 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

MeXiCaNFiGhTeR wrote:
You need to stop sprinting so much it gives away your position.

I've thought about that a few times. It is sort of a double edged sword.

The obvious positive and negative consquences that come with sprinting are that:

1) You get to the position you want to go to faster than you would be walking

2) You show up on the radar, giving away your location.

One thing that I feel that many people don't consider though is that having the enemy know your location isn't always a bad thing..

This primarily comes into play when you are trying to catch the attention of an enemy..

By sprinting and alerting the enemy of your location, you can really start playing mind games with them and bring a huge factor in to play, distraction.

Having 1 person sprint through can cause a team that isn't coordinated to all face the same way. Which allows your team mates to sneak in behind them while they are busy staring at their minimap trying to find where you just sprinted to. Honestly, sometimes I purposely throw on some armor and charge right into where the enemies are at with no intention of damaging them, but instead just to high tail it out of there and get them looking at me. We can take quite a few hits in this game, guns aren't automatic, and enemies are occasionally cautious about wasting ammo.

Also if you get them to take some shots at you, you make them lose ammo, and cause them to give their position away.

This is a total mind game.

A lot of it depends on how the other team handles the speed. Often you can frazzle a team right in the beginning, causing them to be disrupted for the entire match, by just mashing their faces in quickly the first round.

Now, all that being said, I'm not perfect haha xD. I'm sure there are many situations where I just need to slow the hell down haha.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 82 (223 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jun 22, 2013
Yeah I got you is just like you said, in certain situations its better to walk. I use to run all the time and I would do ok but in the past two days Ive approached the multiplayer with more caution and Ive improved dramatically. I guess it just depends on the person. In my case though I either use a silencer or bow and when I run out of bullets my handgun is my last resort. I also use the perk that makes you invisible while crouching which helps a lot. Too bad I'm stuck at work for two more hours :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 82 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10831 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Hey bayport how have you been? Think we will get a real Socom game come PS4?

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 82 (202 Views)
0 Likes