Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 05 2013
By: Despur4do Wastelander 820 posts

Is it just me or does covert op feel useless?

46 replies 587 views Edited Jul 5, 2013

I have noticed even while crotching and using covert ops traning lvl 2 people still know exacually were i am at, i  can go to aim at someone long-range with the bow and they will be waiting on me as if they could see me on radar.. i'm not here to bash i just wonder if people feels the same way and some other good booster suggestions? such as strategist or the one that lets you hear through walls longer.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 1 of 47 (587 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5842 posts

Re: Is it just me or does covert op feel useless?

Jul 5, 2013

It may seem useless because it's a passive booster and you can't really see the boon from its effects firsthand. However, it is easily one of the best boosters in the game. I would make a loadout with it just in case you're faced with a slow-paced game and the other team is spamming Listen Mode.

Message 2 of 47 (577 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 5, 2013

I have noticed the same thing.  Can crouch around a corner and people are waiting

Message 3 of 47 (570 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5875 posts

Jul 5, 2013

because people rely on their actual eyes instead of a lame crutch to see people. Not the best booster in-game by far

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Message 4 of 47 (560 Views)
Wastelander
820 posts

Jul 5, 2013

pdiss88 wrote:

It may seem useless because it's a passive booster and you can't really see the boon from its effects firsthand. However, it is easily one of the best boosters in the game. I would make a loadout with it just in case you're faced with a slow-paced game and the other team is spamming Listen Mode.

All my loadouts had it on, but it wasn't doing its job well, even while crotching they would be looking at me directly in the face like i was on a radar. I switched to another booster and crotched and did just as well. Any suggestions for other good boosters?

lets see i don't care much for crafting explosives, i don't care much for close quarters melee, i really like long-range and knowing were everyone is. what about the sharp ears or hawk eye? those seem to be good

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 5 of 47 (553 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jul 5, 2013
I think overall the booster itself is really good. In my opinion, and I hate saying this but day by day it seems like people are camping in this game more and more. It's easier to sit on the safest part of any map and let you opponents funnel in knowing you have an advantage rather than auctially play the game. That's just my opinion because I've been seeing it more often which I find sad because it makes matches ridiculously boring.
Message 6 of 47 (545 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5842 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

It's useful if you use it correctly. It's really better in Survivor or slow-paced matches, but if enemies are looking at the doorway you're coming through then it will do nada. Also, I've noticed some people like to move around like they're completely invisible when using it. Won't do anything for anyone unless you play it safe.

Message 7 of 47 (544 Views)
Splicer
54 posts

Jul 5, 2013
When I first unlocked the level 2 it was always a part of my setup, but moved away from it, because when you know where the enemy most likely will turn up there's no use for it. Guess it's most effective max level and ambush type of gameplay.
Message 8 of 47 (530 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jul 5, 2013

pdiss88 wrote:

It's useful if you use it correctly. It's really better in Survivor or slow-paced matches, but if enemies are looking at the doorway you're coming through then it will do nada. Also, I've noticed some people like to move around like they're completely invisible when using it. Won't do anything for anyone unless you play it safe.

Ya i think its better for people who like to take chances and sneak up behind the enemy and get in close on their side, its not the best for someone settin with their team near their spawn taking long-shots or coming down a hallway fully explosed to the naked eye. I should switch boosters for my style.

Message 9 of 47 (527 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Funny cause I was just about to make a thread about the same thing. Recently I have noticed that I do way better when I don't have this booster on. I only see the advantage when you are flanking the enemy or camping. But if your traveling with your team then I don't see the point of having it. Now I'm only using covert 2 on small maps but on large maps it is useless.  

Message 10 of 47 (523 Views)
0 Likes