Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
385 posts

Re: Is it just me or does covert op feel useless?

Jul 6, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
Covert 2 is useless, imo. Why you ask? Hawk Eye level 3. Covert 3 is a must for stealth.

When you're away from teammates behind a wall crouch-walking, Hawkeye does nothing. Listen Mode WOULD do something if you weren't using Covert 2.

Hawkeye 3 and Covert 2 are both situational tools. If the enemy team stays spread out, you wasted points on Hawkeye. If the enemy team is good at watching for flank attacks, you wasted Covert 2.

----V^^^V----
I want my meals to think for myself
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 47 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jul 6, 2013

I understand guys but the moment a covert ops user stands up, runs, or shoots they are on radar or listen mode. with small maps and predictable routes along with a good team covering flanking routes it makes covert useless aside from the anti marking perk to it. hawk-eyed is my favorite, snipe out and call out people, the hawk-eyed lvl 3 glow is contagious too. And if i want stealth i can get in a postion and just not move and it works the same.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 47 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
470 posts

Jul 6, 2013

I like using it mainly in survivors, as it's good to start with a shiv, and mixed with a silenced weapon it can be really deadly.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 47 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Jul 6, 2013

Maybe you guys had it set to level one but let me tell you this booster, bow, revolver are a beast combo easily my favourite (other perks dont matter as much), boom smoke run in shiv get out crouch and your invisible again. This applies to the comments on the first page couldnt be bothered reading all 5 pages.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 47 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jul 6, 2013

lvankov wrote:

I like using it mainly in survivors, as it's good to start with a shiv, and mixed with a silenced weapon it can be really deadly.

Ive never found the shivs useful, i tend to keep my distance and mark people with hunter rifle. I avoid close quarters combat unless i have a miltary rifle or flamethrower kickback.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 47 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
470 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2013

Despur4do wrote:

lvankov wrote:

Ive never found the shivs useful, i tend to keep my distance and mark people with hunter rifle. I avoid close quarters combat unless i have a miltary rifle or flamethrower kickback.

Guess it depends on your playstyle and what you decide to craft, i usually go for the smoke bomb rather than a nail bomb, which is a really good combo with a shiv.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 47 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2013

lvankov wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

lvankov wrote:

Guess it depends on your playstyle and what you decide to craft, i usually go for the smoke bomb rather than a nail bomb, which is a really good combo with a shiv.

ive never even got a shiv =/

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 47 (85 Views)
0 Likes