Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
1922 posts

Re: Is the Flamethrower still seen as a "cheap" weapon?

Apr 7, 2014
Yeah I'm pretty sure they low key nerfed it like ND did the Fal and Para's jamming in UC3.
Message 41 of 51 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1388 posts

Apr 7, 2014

VTX-Lixiviation wrote:

dasrobot wrote:

FT is totally useless now after the patch, I have tried it a few times and have to use a whole tank of fuel to take down an opponent.  Also found myself getting downed with 2 x 4s and etc, I rarely see people using it after the patch.   ND Nerfed the heck out of it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Naughty Dog buff the Flamethrower? The only reason I can think of that it doesn't seem to be as good now is because most of the lag issues have been sorted out. Am I missing something here?

The weapon seems to lack a little oomph despite the buff in my opinion...

Yeah they buffed it, but people say after the patch it's weak? /confusion

Imo, the FT is not weak, it's just not as efficient as the El Diablo/Shotgun

Message 42 of 51 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Apr 7, 2014

Quinzen8 wrote:
Yeah I'm pretty sure they low key nerfed it like ND did the Fal and Para's jamming in UC3.

You really believe they did that? We're getting into conspiracy territory here.

Message 43 of 51 (127 Views)
Sackboy
375 posts

Apr 8, 2014

flamethrower clearly needs another buff. it should do some kind of damage wobble because I feel bad for nailing them in the head with my stick

https://www.youtube.com/user/TommyLoveTV
Message 44 of 51 (110 Views)
Wastelander
609 posts

Apr 8, 2014
Yeah I really do believe they nerfed it again without telling us. It feels almost useless again. No one ever uses it anymore. The only weapon that needs to be nerfed to hell is the SAR. And don't tell me your little story about how you know what's best. I don't care. It's my personal opinion, and apparently a lot of other people's too.
Message 45 of 51 (97 Views)
Gaming Beast
1819 posts

Apr 8, 2014
Mitch and everyone else I dont think they nerfed the flamethrower just people adapted to an easy weapon to adapt to .

Nerf the hell out of the sar really ? At least some people say it needs a nerf but nerf the hell out of it sounds like h8te to me . Thats my personal opinion .
Message 46 of 51 (89 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2014

VTX-Lixiviation wrote:

Quinzen8 wrote:

Oh boy, now I'm excited!

I believe they secretly nerfed it. Did I mention Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura and Ancient Aliens are some of my favorite shows? :smileylol: And I'm being serious.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 47 of 51 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1388 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2014

VTX-Lixiviation wrote:

Quinzen8 wrote:

ILLUMINATI

giphy.gif

Message 48 of 51 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
374 posts

Apr 8, 2014
I use to have the FT in one of my closeouts, but after the patch it seems to be less useful and where as before I could roast 2 to 3 players with ease at one time I am now finding it requires more fuel to do the same job if even that, often a 2 x 4 hit is in and I am down even though I started roasting the other player who then walks away unscathed.
Message 49 of 51 (65 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Apr 8, 2014

I recently started using the FT just to mix things up a bit and I've had a lot of fun with it. The key is just getting the jump on people with it. Obviously mod-stick users will be your nemesis, but I've been able to take down several shotgun users provided I surprise them. That's what makes the FT fun to me.

To go back to the original question, I think people are finished griping about the FT; instead, shotguns are what everyone is calling "cheap" now. In my opinion, if a particular gun gives you the option of using a play style that you think is fun, use it. You bought the game. You're entitled to enjoy it however you'd like.

Message 50 of 51 (39 Views)