May 10 2014
By: BrownToilet Hekseville Citizen 260 posts

Issues with melee system/melee lock on

7 replies 176 views Edited May 10, 2014

Is it just me or have I been experiencing this BS more than before? I'm talking about  when i've run behind an object and my oponent trys to melee me with nail stick, pulling some crazy tokyo drift insanity and magically curves around the object like a fat kid on a motercycle and i get hit. It's probably the most annoying thing on TLOU for me right now.

Also, howcome when I rival with my oponent and we both have nail sticks, we both try to hit each other, but it shows my animation ahead of his and somehow he magically gets me down?

Message 1 of 8 (176 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1270 posts

Re: Issues with melee system/melee lock on

May 10, 2014

it annoys me so much...i dont understand the point of the magnets...shouldn't you be in MELEE range to get a MELEE down? not some crazy ninja bruce lee smoker lady slide for 20 feet. for the love of all humanity they added muffled voices in masks for realism, if they want realism remove the bruce lee magnet slide on melee and force someone to be in melee range to get a down.

Message 2 of 8 (161 Views)
Fender Bender
2812 posts

May 10, 2014

Downgrade your internet connection if you want to get the benefits of magnetism lag compensation.

White plug is fair: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/What-does-the-blinking-white-plug-mean-and-why-is-it-disrupting/m-p/44241158/highlight/true#M106983
Message 3 of 8 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1270 posts

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2014

@silhouettes you dont really need a dsl connection to have magnet melee...its kinda built into the game (which i have no idea why) its on machete and punches. you also get ripped off half the time because it does not do the 1 hit animation down.

Message 4 of 8 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2812 posts

May 10, 2014

ThePhenomxx wrote:

@silhouettes you dont really need a dsl connection to have magnet melee...its kinda built into the game (which i have no idea why) its on machete and punches. you also get ripped off half the time because it does not do the 1 hit animation down.

Who said that you need a DSL connection? A FTTH connection located 5000 miles away will still lag due to distance. Why do you think that Japan lags so bad for NA/EU players?

Btw, have you played Uncharted MP? Magnet melee is a staple of ND games.

White plug is fair: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/What-does-the-blinking-white-plug-mean-and-why-is-it-disrupting/m-p/44241158/highlight/true#M106983
Message 5 of 8 (109 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

May 10, 2014

The melee system  has a lot of issues.

Sometimes I come up behind someone and hit them with my fists, but I end up being down. For some reason 5 punchs is not enough.

And then there's the modded 2x4, which sometimes doesn't have the magnetic effect it usually has.

Message 6 of 8 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1270 posts

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2014

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

ThePhenomxx wrote:

Who said that you need a DSL connection? A FTTH connection located 5000 miles away will still lag due to distance. Why do you think that Japan lags so bad for NA/EU players?

Btw, have you played Uncharted MP? Magnet melee is a staple of ND games.

i tried it once...dear lord i hated it so much :smileyfrustrated: it took like 500 thousand bullets to down someone..which is why i play TLOU MP, because its stealthy, slow paced, and for the most part has alot of realism in gun fights. 

Message 7 of 8 (88 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

May 11, 2014

This melee magnet thing is very annoying. Well, this is my first ND game. And I'm not interested in Uncharted 4. Thanks ND.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 8 of 8 (60 Views)
0 Likes