Nov 14 2013
By: smugglin_yoyos Gaming Beast 1513 posts

Issues with shivs

28 replies 407 views Edited Nov 14, 2013

So more and more I'm noticing some thing a miss with shiving people.

I can't seem to figure it out just yet but I'm working on it.

Your start shiv gives you one use, but a crafted shiv gives you two. I get that.

What I'm having happen is I smoke some one, run up to do a shiv kill only for no prompt to come up.

It isn't that I'm out of time window wise for the kill either.

I had this happen last night and it wouldn't shiv, so I just shot the guy to death at point blank.

Then later on I had a very weird situation happen where I smoked two guys, ran up, and couldn't' t shiv the first guy.

I took two steps over  and was able to shiv the guy next to him.
This is a very strange effect if this is lag related.

Many times I try this and the prompt doesn't come up,  I die, and think must not have a shiv.

Then on respawn it shows I still have a shiv with one use.

What the heck is going on with this, I wasn't seeing this problem on release.

Now its happening every other game.

A few of us went into custom games to try to replicate this but I can't reproduce it.

One thing I do seem to notice is some times your screen will say you have a single use shiv (ie. the one from covert training) even though you have used it already and haven't crafted a second one.

Anyone else noticing this as well.

On a side note, I have also occasionally seen nail bomb that wont show up on listen mode.

Even if you mark it, get behind cover and use listen mode, it doesn't show up.

What is this tom foolery going on now.

I shoot you first, I die= you lag. Vice versa not applicable.
Message 1 of 29 (407 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1058 posts

Re: Issues with shivs

Nov 14, 2013

smugglin_yoyos wrote:

Your start shiv gives you one use, but a crafted shiv gives you two. I get that.

What I'm having happen is I smoke some one, run up to do a shiv kill only for no prompt to come up.

I had this happen last night and it wouldn't shiv, so I just shot the guy to death at point blank.

Then later on I had a very weird situation happen where I smoked two guys, ran up, and couldn't' t shiv the first guy.

Many times I try this and the prompt doesn't come up,  I die, and think must not have a shiv.

A few of us went into custom games to try to replicate this but I can't reproduce it.

One thing I do seem to notice is some times your screen will say you have a single use shiv (ie. the one from covert training) even though you have used it already and haven't crafted a second one.

On a side note, I have also occasionally seen nail bomb that wont show up on listen mode.

You need marathon runner 2, really helps close a gap between a smokebomb and shiv.

Message 2 of 29 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1513 posts

Nov 14, 2013

reeLONGBOW wrote:

smugglin_yoyos wrote:

You need marathon runner 2, really helps close a gap between a smokebomb and shiv.

You didn't read

I shoot you first, I die= you lag. Vice versa not applicable.
Message 3 of 29 (401 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1058 posts

Nov 14, 2013

smugglin_yoyos wrote:

reeLONGBOW wrote:

smugglin_yoyos wrote:

You didn't read

Listen i don't know all the tech issues but i know that marathon runner 2 really helps close gaps with smoke bombs. It accelerates faster, i would know its all i use.

Message 4 of 29 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Nov 14, 2013

reeLONGBOW wrote:

smugglin_yoyos wrote:

No it doesn't. MR2 only increases distance and duration you can run, not speed. If you go to custom, mark the full distance you can sprint with MR2, smoke bomb someone from there and sprint it in a straight line, they will recover before you can get to them. MR1 on the other hand is just about doable. What it really helps with is if you have already been sprinting and you wouldn't have had enough meter left to make the full run, then MR2 comes into play.

___________________________________________________________________________________
PSN - ArctiC_HazE--

UK player, terrible connection, but add me if you wanna play.
Message 5 of 29 (392 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1058 posts

Nov 14, 2013

ArcticHaze- wrote:

reeLONGBOW wrote:

smugglin_yoyos wrote:

No it doesn't. MR2 only increases distance and duration you can run, not speed. If you go to custom, mark the full distance you can sprint with MR2, smoke bomb someone from there and sprint it in a straight line, they will recover before you can get to them. MR1 on the other hand is just about doable. What it really helps with is if you have already been sprinting and you wouldn't have had enough meter left to make the full run, then MR2 comes into play.

I use MR2 in everyloadout, ive tried to take it off but i feel way to slow.

Message 6 of 29 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Nov 14, 2013

It's psychological. MR2 does not increase acceleration or speed. Just the speed at which the meter depletes and regenerates.

___________________________________________________________________________________
PSN - ArctiC_HazE--

Message 7 of 29 (385 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1058 posts

Nov 14, 2013

ArcticHaze- wrote:

It's psychological. MR2 does not increase acceleration or speed. Just the speed at which the meter depletes and regenerates.

Im always last one left in survivors so it helps me reach boxes as well, and i can almost swear it makes me faster @ least on acceleration.

Message 8 of 29 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Nov 14, 2013

reeLONGBOW wrote:

ArcticHaze- wrote:

and i can almost swear it makes me faster @ least on acceleration.

It's psychological. It makes me feel more dextrous and agile, but it doesn't make me more dextrous and agile.

PSN - ArctiC_HazE--

Message 9 of 29 (379 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1058 posts

Nov 14, 2013

ArcticHaze- wrote:

reeLONGBOW wrote:

ArcticHaze- wrote:

and i can almost swear it makes me faster @ least on acceleration.

It's psychological. It makes me feel more dextrous and agile, but it doesn't make me more dextrous and agile.

what boosters do you use?

Message 10 of 29 (370 Views)
0 Likes