Sep 05 2013
By: UGA-Zenku First Son 17 posts

It's probably been gone over before, but the Machette needs some attention

5 replies 326 views Edited Sep 5, 2013

I've used the Machette personally and seen many issues with it. The Machette is the only Purchasable weapon granted to players if the game registers them needing some extra support. As Far as I've seen in my experiance with the Melee weapon

the Machette does about 90 Points of Health. Its a 2 use Melee Weapon ignoring Armor and upgraded is 2 additional Hits, 3 with Brawler. The Machette I caculated to garentee 2 Downs on any enemy at full health, wounding 1 additional. Ofcourse the Machette is amazingly useful against any enemy thats taken 10 or more damage before getting struck by the Machette. However, if you compare it to the basic Upgraded Plank with Brawler 2, which is 2, 1 hit downs and 2 additional downs with the Planks 50 Units of Damage. To me this seems quite unsettling, the basic free given Plank that is always usually obtained at the start of the rounds, is more effecient than the 4 Load out point purchaseable weapon that is always given to players who need the help or is the last man standing. To add ontop of it, The Description for the Machette states its a Fast and Deadly Melee weapon and this is true against a Non-Upgraded plank, however its just not fast enough to defend itself against the FREE Upgraded Melee Plank(Which does have Homing properties mind you). Im not sure if the Machette was ment to be a 1 Hit down or not, but something has to be done. Its a Shame that the Machette is under used due to its ineffectiveness compared to a free, Start round given Weapon. I subjest a Simple buff to the Machettes speed, or a decrease in the Machettes load out points to make it more compatible with other classess. Atleast with the Speed Increase it can down a person b,efore they strike you with an Upgraded Melee Plank.  I've Done multiple tests on the Machette in private mode and its just SHY of fast enough to get a second hit in. Perhaps the Developers will see this threat and boost its speed just enough to make it usable effectivly in Multipler, or acctually a good weapon to be given from that Lock Box. Thanks to all who read this for your time.

Message 1 of 6 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Re: It's probably been gone over before, but the Machette needs some attention

Sep 5, 2013

they have already heard our cries Smiley Happy

sintax201 wrote:
We're currently looking at the machete for the next update.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Live-Update-to-Multiplayer/m-p/415...

Message 2 of 6 (312 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Sep 5, 2013
Ah, Cool But feel free to comment on my ideas to possibly make it better.
Message 3 of 6 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Sep 5, 2013
There are several machete threads. For response, seek then out.

The plus to the machete is that its always available, for a price,.while the stick is hard to keep finding, especially when ahead.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 4 of 6 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
624 posts

Sep 5, 2013

machete definatly needs a buff.Man Mad

Message 5 of 6 (243 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Sep 6, 2013

Agree to machete buff since it cost 4LPs!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 6 of 6 (177 Views)
0 Likes