Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2127 posts

Re: Its ok to camp as a sniper?

Aug 7, 2013

Here's a great tip for you,

NEVER come on here and ask if your play style is okay.

You bought the game to play it the way YOU want, do so.

CAMP CAMP CAMP.

If your recon with a HR then my opinion is you should be camping.

The strong points of the hunting rifle is NOT to be used as a in you face brawler type weapon.

Camp, use hawk eye and be essential to your team doing this.

A smart, tactical sniper, camping can be a huge advantage for your team.

If your using that load out and your on my team I WANT YOU TO camp.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 92 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Aug 7, 2013
Camping is a fine strategy. The camper just has to not give away their location, otherwise they'll get owned and their team won't be able to help them. It just depends on the player.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 92 (140 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Nothing wrong with camping. But if you're gonna camp, you might as well use Hawkeye 2 or 3 to ease up the search work of those who does the push.:smileyhappy:

+============================================================+
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 92 (134 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5583 posts

Aug 7, 2013

calcunnon wrote:
Camping is a fine strategy. The camper just has to not give away their location, otherwise they'll get owned and their team won't be able to help them. It just depends on the player.

too bad everytime you aim as a sniper you gleam brighter than the sun for every enemy to see you.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 92 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2013

^ This. Nothing wrong with camping, per se, but the OP has a point in that there are way too many newbs who think using HR mean sitting at the most obvious vantage point with his scope sticking out the whole time. You're basically saying "Shoot Me!  Or better yet, just ignore me, cuz I'm not going anywhere!" Those idiots really do **bleep** me off sometimes. I can understand doing this when you're level 0, but some people just never learn.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 92 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Camping is totally legitimate in TLOU.

For some players, it works, and it helps the team. If you get a good spot, and the enemy plays into it, and your team supports you effectively, it can help the team to dominate.

If the enemy team takes advantage of your camping correctly though, they can turn it into a liability, and a good HR user will know when NOT to camp.

----V^^^V----
I want my meals to think for myself
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 92 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2127 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2013

obliviondoll wrote:

Camping is totally legitimate in all shooters.

For some players, it works, and it helps the team. If you get a good spot, and the enemy plays into it, and your team supports you effectively, it can help the team to dominate.

If the enemy team takes advantage of your camping correctly though, they can turn it into a liability, and a good HR user will know when NOT to camp.

FTFY

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 92 (106 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9893 posts

Aug 7, 2013
Camping PW spawn points in UC3, ever heard of that?

Camping *with a long range weapon* is fine. If you're camping with a flamethrower you're a moron.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 92 (102 Views)
Survivor
2127 posts

Aug 7, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Camping PW spawn points in UC3, ever heard of that?

Camping *with a long range weapon* is fine. If you're camping with a flamethrower you're a moron.

I LOL'D at the last line.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 92 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Aug 7, 2013

swiftavenger212 wrote:

I am not  a fan of campers. Usually if they are on my team, they are pretty useless entire game and they may get a down here or there but generally in most fights they are not there.
Anyways few weeks ago, my rl friend was using a sniper and he was camping. So I tell  him on mic that he needs to stop camping, and his excuse was "dude im using a HR, its called being tactical" which I obviosuly dont buy.

Then today I said something like "I find it annoying when people camp with HR" in one of my vid and a commen I got was "its not camping...its called being a sniper"

Since when did definition of camping change just because you started using a sniper? especially in this game with aim assist, its not that difficult to move around, and be somewhat aggressive especially if you upgrade it.

Anyways point is what do you guys feel about camping? Does your opinion change with different weapons?

Snipers tend to camp to take advantage of the range and high points like on checkpoint balcony or any other maps. And nothing wrong with camping, my whole team does it and we are "tactical", we get into positions that are hard to bomb us, we set up nail bombs with explosive expert lvl 1 and 2, we have high points, miltary snipers, shotguns, ect. We are in position to cover each other and revive each other, none of us are rushers, when we face rushers we change our tactics and take the bums out. I cant stand randoms ive played with who rush out and die from grabbing some stupid board then say on the mic "quit camping".. i shake my head and say to myself "these idiots dont know how to play with me dumb rushers"

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 92 (97 Views)
0 Likes