Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Re: *I'm Back!* The Last of Us Censorship Compared! [NSFW]

Aug 21, 2013

ND doesn't reply. People moan about ND not replying.

ND reply. People moan about ND replying.

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 591 of 843 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 21, 2013

Jacko_the_lad wrote:

Oh, I didn't know that we should appreciate blatant lies. I'm not a fan of Joseph Goebbels (the pioneer of PR tactics).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 592 of 843 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1876 posts

Aug 21, 2013

VironZZ wrote:
Apparently the UK has some non-existent censorship law that 0% of the population know about apart from ND.

IKR. This is the first game that I have played which has had to be censored in some way.

Please use plain text.
Message 593 of 843 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Aug 21, 2013

AST2008 wrote:

MAP.jpg

Nice map :smileyhappy:, I think Austrailia should be moved over to Europe though, as that's apparently where it is according to them :smileyhappy:.

Please use plain text.
Message 594 of 843 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
437 posts

Aug 21, 2013

Jacko_the_lad wrote:

Thank you. I'm a game designer, I have nothing to do with publishing or censorship. I have no idea why the game was censored in Europe since I'm not involved in that process. I simply wanted to clarify that ND has not been silent on this issue and that it is out of our control since we don't publish our games.

Please use plain text.
Message 595 of 843 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 21, 2013

Then maybe you should contact your SCEE colleagues and ask them to publish a patch/DLC to uncensor PAL copies? Just sayin'.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 596 of 843 (231 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Aug 21, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

Jacko_the_lad wrote:

Thank you. I'm a game designer, I have nothing to do with publishing or censorship. I have no idea why the game was censored in Europe since I'm not involved in that process. I simply wanted to clarify that ND has not been silent on this issue and that it is out of our control since we don't publish our games.

I fully appreciate that you're not directly responsible for the censorship but as you work for ND and we don't you are in a far better position to find out the answer to these quiestion and let us (your customers) know.

It would be appreciated by me at least.

Please use plain text.
Message 597 of 843 (224 Views)
Naughty Dog Developer
437 posts

Aug 21, 2013

AST2008 wrote:

MacGruber310 wrote:

Jacko_the_lad wrote:

I fully appreciate that you're not directly responsible for the censorship but as you work for ND and we don't you are in a far better position to find out the answer to these quiestion and let us (your customers) know.

It may seem that way but I know as much as you guys do about this so there is really no one for me to get in touch. I really don't have contact with anyone from Sony since I don't work directly for them, I work for Naughty Dog. I cannot find out any information about this, sorry guys.

Please use plain text.
Message 598 of 843 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
453 posts

Aug 21, 2013
Believe it or not but I stopped playing MP and the game in general because of that censorship.

Don't want to play BETA anymore...
 photo YT01.png
Made by Carrioner photo GoWMYSIGNATURE.jpg
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Carrioner/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Carrioner.png[/img][/url]
Please use plain text.
Message 599 of 843 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 21, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

AST2008 wrote:

MacGruber310 wrote:

Jacko_the_lad wrote:

It may seem that way but I know as much as you guys do about this so there is really no one for me to get in touch. I really don't have contact with anyone from Sony since I don't work directly for them, I work for Naughty Dog. I cannot find out any information about this, sorry guys.

Eric is able to contact SCEE and you know it.

He did that a couple of times when some UC3 DLCs were missing in the EU PS store...

Come on, don't pretend that nobody in ND has SCEE's telephone numbers/emails.

Please use plain text.
Message 600 of 843 (206 Views)