Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Re: Just gonna say it.

Jun 28, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

What I don't understand is why there are no "minimum connection requirements" on the game case.

You know, like PC games and their "minimum hardware requirements" (CPU, RAM, GPU etc.)

Maybe that's something gamers could actually to get implemented. Then there would be no real reason to complain when these players hope online and realise they can't enjoy themselves on the online portion of the game. They were forewarned on the back of the box before purchase then and no iffy " well they didn't know/expect it wouldn't run smoothly " excuses.

@DEATH, I've been around since about mid UC3's life cycle, aha. I just only really chip in when there is a big issue concerning the game. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 21 of 33 (514 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3640 posts

Jun 28, 2013
Putting the system requirements on the box would hurt sales. Can't discriminate when money is on the line. Keep them hidden, but make the minimum requirements stiff and real. Put it in the online user agreement.
Message 22 of 33 (452 Views)
Survivor
1958 posts

Jun 28, 2013
CAPS WAR
http://us.playstation.com/ambassadorprogram/terms-and-conditions/

Twitter: @TryceUp

EOR

USN 04-08
Message 23 of 33 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

I AM CAPTAIN CAPITAL AND REFUSE TO BE TAKEN DOWN BY MY MORTAL ENEMY, lord lowercase. Hehe. But still, I can 100% agree with this whole "minimum connection requirement thing". I actually gave U3 a go again today, and no lie, I faced MEX laggers most of the time with instakill Dragons and shotgun AKs. Lag is a very dangerous weapon.......

Message 24 of 33 (346 Views)
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Jun 28, 2013

I acutallly have yet to have a disconnect. I do occassionally get freeze ups though. Those are the worst.

Message 25 of 33 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2127 posts

Jun 28, 2013

THE ONLY FREEZES I HAVE HAD ON THIS GAME AREN'T CONNECTION RELATED. (okay done with caps)

They have been hard game freezes where I have to unplug my ps3 because turning off the power doesn't work.

Not a connection issue.

Only kicks from game have been because host quit and my whole party gets removed not just me.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Message 26 of 33 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

Jun 28, 2013

I've been kicked from games a few times... when the host quit. That just means having host migration would be nice. I'd like to see ND add that for games where the host disconnects.

I've also had one time - only one - where my character got frozen in place for a second. Both my girlfriend and I were in chat on a gaming clan forum, and both of us were using Skype and Yahoo Messenger, while she also had MSN Messenger open and was playing a Flash-based MMO. I think it's reasonable to say that wasn't ND's fault.

----V^^^V----
I want my meals to think for myself
Message 27 of 33 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jun 28, 2013

obliviondoll wrote:

I've been kicked from games a few times... when the host quit. That just means having host migration would be nice. I'd like to see ND add that for games where the host disconnects.

Host migration exists. It only works when the host uses the in-game option to quit a match, though.

I don't know if you have played Uncharted MP, but it uses the same netcode.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 28 of 33 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

obliviondoll wrote:

I've been kicked from games a few times... when the host quit disconnected. That just means having proper host migration would be nice. I'd like to see ND add that for games where the host disconnects.

Host migration exists. It only works when the host uses the in-game option to quit a match, though.

I don't know if you have played Uncharted MP, but it uses the same netcode.

I forgot about that. Thanks for the correction. I would edit the original version of my post instead of the quote, but apparently there's a time limit on doing that... Better?

----V^^^V----
I want my meals to think for myself
Message 29 of 33 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3855 posts

Jun 28, 2013

"Waaah! I paid money for this game, but because I live in a poor country/cant afford a good connection/cant obtain a good connection, I shouldnt be punished for this! Let me play!!!!"

And spoil everybody else's enjoyment because of your own predicament? No.

Those people just need to accept the fact they cant play, and move on. Even if they CAN play, they should do the right thing and not do so. When i was having internet issues, I chose not to play U2 because I knew i would lag like he11. 

Message 30 of 33 (55 Views)