Sep 13 2013
By: CaressCarcass Hekseville Citizen 262 posts

Lag.

[ Edited ]
10 replies 282 views Edited Sep 13, 2013

Today I made an alt EU account to play online (I live in the US) and the lag was so bad, people were sliding across the map,

teleporting, bullets going through cover, etc. I've never seen lag this bad on my other account(US). I played online at the same

time I normally do. Was wondering if playing on an account that's a different region to yours cause more lag

Message 1 of 11 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Re: Lag.

Sep 13, 2013

CaressCarcass wrote:

Today I made an alt EU account to play online (I live in the US) and the lag was so bad, people were sliding across the map,

teleporting, bullets going through cover, etc. I've never seen lag this bad on my other account(US). I played online at the same

time I normally do. Was wondering if playing on an account that's a different region to yours cause more lag

Is it not obvious?

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 2 of 11 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Sep 13, 2013
Yes of course it will lag.

Your system is connecting to other systems miles and oceans away.

Its pointless to play on EU servers, unless you speak a European Language or have friends over seas
Message 3 of 11 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2013

**** Same old maps, same old problems, same user complaints since day one.
Sadly just from this forum, I've come to learn that ND's other games all shared the same problems and annoyances that never got fixed. What a terrible company. Take the $60 I paid and ****. Spawns, matchmaking, glitches, hacks, ALL sorts of inconsistencies attributed to lag (sure every MP has lag, but ur games have a special kind of annoying lag ND). I won't even begin to name the long distinguished list of lag related issues I've experienced first hand and read about.
This game is like a big terd I would drop, proud of and admire for a couple seconds, then flush it down the toilet, after all at the end of the day it's just a piece of crap.

Edit: removed inflammatory comments

U--J

Message 4 of 11 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Sep 13, 2013
If matchmaking is ping based the PSN account won't matter.
Message 5 of 11 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
689 posts

Sep 13, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:
If matchmaking is ping based the PSN account won't matter.

It's region based

Message 6 of 11 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
262 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2013

Solid---Steak wrote:

CaressCarcass wrote:

Is it not obvious?

I thought the game could tell the difference. 

Message 7 of 11 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Sep 13, 2013
Message 8 of 11 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Sep 13, 2013

It's 100 % not region based, most of the time i have to play against opponents from Asia - their lag makes it impossible to enjoy the game.

0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1513 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2013

It all depends on what you consider "your region".

Living in the east coast of the U.S I shouldn't see players from say california.
Thats a huge distance away.
Now if your from Ireland, you should'nt complain about seeing players fron Scotland.
Thats like four hours by train, where as an 6 hour flight for me to california.

You still have to keep things in some perspective.

Ie. I should never be running into players from the U.K. No matter if we both have the fastest connections online, that distance will cause very noticeable delays. Not always the skipping packet loss that players wrongfully call lag.

I shoot you first, I die= you lag. Vice versa not applicable.
Message 10 of 11 (152 Views)