Reply
Naughty Paw
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
9795 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

"Finally everyone, non-season pass holders included, will be getting a new gun - the Full-Auto Rifle - for free. This is a fully automatic, modified burst rifle that is very easy to use. It’s the perfect weapon for people who are new to Factions and experts alike."

 

^ I wonder if it will be even more casual-friendly than the SAR. TBH, I wouldn't mind a bigger pool.

 

Anyway, what's the release date of the 3rd DLC drop? Early May 2014?


It looks like a week after the the Livestream (I'm guessing)

 

After the week of May 13th, the season pass will no longer be available. 

 

So, they have to give people chance to buy the season pass once this bundle is out. 

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 11 of 182 (671 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 09/07/2012
Offline
32 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014

Before anyone starts spewing out  the "NOOO UNBALACED UNFAIR PAY2WIN" BS, fighting games have had DLC characters for years and no one ever complained. It'll only be a problem if they weapons/skills are OP, but that's what patching is for.

It's almost guaranteed one or two of these will be overused as hell for the first few weeks regardless of how OP they are, at any rate.


Also, great stuff! I'm interested in lots of these, but only the Loadout points cost will tell whether I'll use them in my main loadouts.

BTW, did ND confirm if we're getting more Loadouts? Four just seems too little now...

Message 12 of 182 (670 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/26/2014
Offline
2812 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2014

MegamanX195 wrote:

Before anyone starts spewing out  the "NOOO UNBALACED UNFAIR PAY2WIN" BS, fighting games have had DLC characters for years and no one ever complained. It'll only be a problem if they weapons/skills are OP, but that's what patching is for.

It's almost guaranteed one or two of these will be overused as hell for the first few weeks regardless of how OP they are, at any rate.


Also, great stuff! I'm interested in lots of these, but only the Loadout points cost will tell whether I'll use them in my main loadouts.

BTW, did ND confirm if we're getting more Loadouts? Four just seems too little now...


I don't mind DLC weapons/boosters/perks/loadout slots, but I would prefer it if the DLC maps were free.

 

Kinda like what Guerrilla did with KZ-SF's season pass... so yeah, it's definitely possible to subsidize the cost of the DLC maps and have one big pool.

Message 13 of 182 (660 Views)
Naughty Paw
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
9795 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 14 of 182 (647 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/04/1999
Offline
1437 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014

Great, they put the Kal-7 in TLOU. Let me guess, you save up 500 parts and you can upgrade it to get blindfire?

 

Funny how they pretty much said "hey we put this gun in so CoD players who have never played a game that takes patience and skill will feel right at home"

 

Hopefully they made it free for everyone so that don't have to do any refunds when they patch it out because it ends up being game-breaking.

Message 15 of 182 (644 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 09/07/2012
Offline
32 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014

Yes, I understand your point, though that's kind of a slippery slope. For example, people suggested that the only paid DLC should be hats, and I totally disagree with that. I, along with many other people, would never pay for that kind of DLC.

I'd only buy weapons/boosters and that kind of stuff if we were guaranteed to get unique weapons/boosters/whatever, like what we're getting now, so I probably wouldn't have bought the season pass day 1 if I figured we would only get weapons.

However, there's the player pool issue, which I understand. For me, at least, there's a bigger issue, which is there being no (No Parties) option for the DLC maps. Sure, that might decrease the player pool, but there's many that, like me, already don't play the DLC maps because they can only play at irregular times or some other thing which makes it difficult to play with full parties, which is almost entirely what is found at the DLC searchlist, so it wouldn't even be that big of an impact. I REALLY want to play the DLC maps, but it's been several months since I haven't done so because of that.

Message 16 of 182 (624 Views)
Naughty Paw
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
9795 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014

Cyris wrote:

Great, they put the Kal-7 in TLOU. Let me guess, you save up 500 parts and you can upgrade it to get blindfire?

 

Funny how they pretty much said "hey we put this gun in so CoD players who have never played a game that takes patience and skill will feel right at home"

 

Hopefully they made it free for everyone so that don't have to do any refunds when they patch it out because it ends up being game-breaking.


It is free for everyone.

 

All the DLC guns will be available for everyone in Pre Loadouts

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 17 of 182 (618 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/26/2014
Offline
2812 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2014

MegamanX195 wrote:

Yes, I understand your point, though that's kind of a slippery slope. For example, people suggested that the only paid DLC should be hats, and I totally disagree with that. I, along with many other people, would never pay for that kind of DLC.

I'd only buy weapons/boosters and that kind of stuff if we were guaranteed to get unique weapons/boosters/whatever, like what we're getting now, so I probably wouldn't have bought the season pass day 1 if I figured we would only get weapons.

However, there's the player pool issue, which I understand. For me, at least, there's a bigger issue, which is there being no (No Parties) option for the DLC maps. Sure, that might decrease the player pool, but there's many that, like me, already don't play the DLC maps because they can only play at irregular times or some other thing which makes it difficult to play with full parties, which is almost entirely what is found at the DLC searchlist, so it wouldn't even be that big of an impact. I REALLY want to play the DLC maps, but it's been several months since I haven't done so because of that.


If you want less tryhards/PO4s in the DLC pool, then it's in your best interest to ask for free DLC maps. Personally I didn't mind tryhards when ND punished laggers. I was playing solo in the DLC pool and I was doing just fine (during 1.06.123's golden era).

 

Season passes can be done without paid DLC competitive maps. KZ-SF season pass has Co-op maps. So, why is that a "slippery slope"?

 

Who wouldn't buy TLOU's season pass if it had an *exclusive* Co-op/Horde mode? Smiley Wink Think out of the box...

Message 18 of 182 (605 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 07/14/2011
Offline
631 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014
Cannot wait!
I hope nothing will unbalance the game too much.
Message 19 of 182 (592 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 01/17/2014
Offline
37 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:


Is that a new hat? Why don't I recognise that..

 

All in all incredible news. 8 new skills, each with full tiers (they could've been lazy). Pity about lack of more inventive / and default weapons. Looks like the pistol and the assault rifle are the only two coming in the default pool?

 

Maps look great though..

Message 20 of 182 (587 Views)