Reply
Splicer
Registered: 01/17/2014
Offline
37 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

MegamanX195 wrote:

Yes, I understand your point, though that's kind of a slippery slope. For example, people suggested that the only paid DLC should be hats, and I totally disagree with that. I, along with many other people, would never pay for that kind of DLC.

I'd only buy weapons/boosters and that kind of stuff if we were guaranteed to get unique weapons/boosters/whatever, like what we're getting now, so I probably wouldn't have bought the season pass day 1 if I figured we would only get weapons.

However, there's the player pool issue, which I understand. For me, at least, there's a bigger issue, which is there being no (No Parties) option for the DLC maps. Sure, that might decrease the player pool, but there's many that, like me, already don't play the DLC maps because they can only play at irregular times or some other thing which makes it difficult to play with full parties, which is almost entirely what is found at the DLC searchlist, so it wouldn't even be that big of an impact. I REALLY want to play the DLC maps, but it's been several months since I haven't done so because of that.


If you want less tryhards/PO4s in the DLC pool, then it's in your best interest to ask for free DLC maps. Personally I didn't mind tryhards when ND punished laggers. I was playing solo in the DLC pool and I was doing just fine (during 1.06.123's golden era).

 

Season passes can be done without paid DLC competitive maps. KZ-SF season pass has Co-op maps. So, why is that a "slippery slope"?

 

Who wouldn't buy TLOU's season pass if it had an *exclusive* Co-op/Horde mode? Smiley Wink Think out of the box...


Totally agree.. I guess the PS4 re-package is the next best thing.

 

I really feel they owe Factions a playlist cull right now with numbers as they are... chop it back to essentials.

Message 21 of 182 (591 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/26/2014
Offline
2812 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014

CookMeAKid wrote:

Looks like the pistol and the assault rifle are the only two coming in the default pool?


I think all DLC weapons will be usable in both pools?!

 

It doesn't make sense to have a separate pool for paid weapons.

Message 22 of 182 (591 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 01/17/2014
Offline
37 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

CookMeAKid wrote:

Looks like the pistol and the assault rifle are the only two coming in the default pool?


I think all DLC weapons will be usable in both pools?!

 

It doesn't make sense to have a separate pool for paid weapons.


By default pool I mean starting weapons. I don't often play purchaseables as I prefer a broad ability set. Was hoping for some variety to come to the starting defaults.

 

IF that's what we're both talking about.. then according to the blog post, the majority have purchaseable listed after them..

Message 23 of 182 (587 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/26/2014
Offline
2812 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014

CookMeAKid wrote:

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

MegamanX195 wrote:

Yes, I understand your point, though that's kind of a slippery slope. For example, people suggested that the only paid DLC should be hats, and I totally disagree with that. I, along with many other people, would never pay for that kind of DLC.

I'd only buy weapons/boosters and that kind of stuff if we were guaranteed to get unique weapons/boosters/whatever, like what we're getting now, so I probably wouldn't have bought the season pass day 1 if I figured we would only get weapons.

However, there's the player pool issue, which I understand. For me, at least, there's a bigger issue, which is there being no (No Parties) option for the DLC maps. Sure, that might decrease the player pool, but there's many that, like me, already don't play the DLC maps because they can only play at irregular times or some other thing which makes it difficult to play with full parties, which is almost entirely what is found at the DLC searchlist, so it wouldn't even be that big of an impact. I REALLY want to play the DLC maps, but it's been several months since I haven't done so because of that.


If you want less tryhards/PO4s in the DLC pool, then it's in your best interest to ask for free DLC maps. Personally I didn't mind tryhards when ND punished laggers. I was playing solo in the DLC pool and I was doing just fine (during 1.06.123's golden era).

 

Season passes can be done without paid DLC competitive maps. KZ-SF season pass has Co-op maps. So, why is that a "slippery slope"?

 

Who wouldn't buy TLOU's season pass if it had an *exclusive* Co-op/Horde mode? Smiley Wink Think out of the box...


Totally agree.. I guess the PS4 re-package is the next best thing.

 

I really feel they owe Factions a playlist cull right now with numbers as they are... chop it back to essentials.


Agreed! That's why I pre-ordered a PS4. Smiley Happy

 

I'm looking forward to DAT unified pool...

Message 24 of 182 (586 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/14/2011
Offline
631 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014
Also, lots of good combinations can be done so please give us more custom loadouts.
Message 25 of 182 (585 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/26/2014
Offline
2812 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014

BirthBS wrote:
Also, lots of good combinations can be done so please give us more custom loadouts.

$0.25-0.50 per loadout slot would be a fair price IMHO. I'd love to have a total of 8-10 loadouts.

 

giphy.gifND

Message 26 of 182 (579 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
6978 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014

run up to enemy, spike smoke bomb at my feet, shiv em. If executioner fits with it, bonus points for shiv.

 

Gonna try that asap when this DLC comes. Since the new purchaseables just seem like sorta variants of existing ones and the skills are more risk VS reward oriented, I guess I have no problem with it. Only 2 things that worry me is we have a grenade launcher and a souped up loadout gun with basically BR and SAR combined.. I'll hold my skepticism though, looks cool!

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 27 of 182 (531 Views)
First Son
Registered: 10/02/2013
Offline
22 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014

WOW! nice DLC, but I can so many OP as f*** loadouts it doesn't make any sense. scavenger 3 gives you a free crafting ingredient plus you can seen increases in dropped ammo/supplies... a selenced AR REALLY ND smh. **bleep** a 1 piont double barrel shotgun. Why ND do we need 2 shotguns(3 if you count the shorty) but what ever you created this game. I can't wait to see the OP/Nerf this gun post/ nerf this skill LOL smh

#NoMercy
Message 28 of 182 (522 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/13/2010
Online
4076 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014
Are the guns and skills included in the season's pass?
Message 29 of 182 (517 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
11463 posts
 

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014
^Yes

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 30 of 182 (501 Views)
Reply
0 Likes