Survivor
2220 posts

Re: Last DLC revealed! (LOTS OF NEW STUFF!)

Apr 16, 2014

I'm just going to be waiting for that moment when people come *HERE* to complain about weapons being too OP and/or dying too much from particular weapon(s). Smiley Indifferent

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 51 of 182 (524 Views)
I Only Post Everything
749 posts

Apr 16, 2014

So much for the "World of Scarcity".  This DLC just dropped the motherload of abundance.

Just some early observations , opinions and complaints (LOL).  I'm very surprised that the last DLC drop is this big in terms of changing gameplay and extending the life of the whole game.  There is going to be some balance issues for sure, but with so much new content I'm sure most people are willing to go through the headaches of more patches to balance out the gameplay.

Maps

I guessed two out of the four maps right in another post.  Wharf and Capitol.  I'm a tad disapoinnted we didn't get Hotel and one of the malls (Liberty Gardens or Colorado Plaza).  Also Hospital and Sewers were highly requested.  I don't know where the Water Tower and definitely the Coal Mine came from.  No one saw that coming.  Where location in the story was the Coal Mine?  David's town?

Weapons

I'm very surprised that there were new guns and boosters in the game.  I was hoping for another loadout main gun, but it looks like we only get the Enforcer as a side arm on spawn.  I'm going to reserve judgement on the Launcher, but that gun seems a bit out of place.  With the Double Barrel, only 1 loadout point, I could see loadouts with the HR, revolver and Double Barrel being used.  You have all ranges covered on all parts of a map.

Situational Survival Skills

I didn't think Agility would make it into the game because it could break the pace and feel of the game.  Depending on the amount of loadout points, I am envisioning flankers using Covert Ops and Agility to flank quicker.  This will probably be my first new skill I'll mess around with, since I am more of the flanker and stealth player.  Awareness hopefully isn't on par with Situational Awareness and doesn't give that big of an advantage.  Fortitude doesn't sound useful, but the crawl faster could be annoying especially for HR users since they have an god awful reload time.  Scavenger doesn't state whether the pick up is automatic AFTER you walk over the supplies or if the ammo is automatically awarded to you after the execution.  I hope it's the former.  If it's automatically awarded, this would help out HR users who execute someone half way across the map since they don't have to give up their sniping spot.  This booster could be gamebreaking if the ammo is awarded to you automatically however.  One thing that prevents camping is that you have limited ammo.  Eventually you have to go out and get supplies, otherwise you will run out of bullets.  Hopefully I'm not reading into this and that the ammo must be walked over to be picked up.

Professional Survival Skills

Gunslinger - worthless

Bomb Expert -  This might be the most gamebreaking booster in the game.  I don't think ND is dumb enough to make this a "quickboom" type of booster, but I can imagine a lot of players are going to run Explosive Expert 2 and Bomb Expert.  With that 40% increase in radius.  It might be even more annoying than mollies. Given the fact that a lot of planted bombs you can run away from and take partial splash damage.  Just think how frustrating it will be if this booster affects planted bombs, especially with EE2.  If you thought dodging mollies was bad.  You ain't seen nothing folks!  No smokebomb self stun: Good lord, this could potentially be the biggest game breaking booster.  Smoke bombs theretically are the most abundant craftable in the game since they only require two materials (sugar and explosive).  I can see people walking around in close quarters with smoke bomb in hand.  When someone tries to confront them.  Throw the smoke bomb a foot in front of you. Stun them.  Shoot them.  You probably can do this tactic in any medium close comfortation and be a winner.

Executioner - worthless.  Maybe if they made it so you can take damage and still shiv someone or slightly increase the shiv range I can see people using this, but otherwise it's worthless.

Damage Marker - another worthless booster.

Overall this DLC drop is going to add on MONTHS of replay value, if there are no gamebreaking boosters or guns (watching Bomb expert closely).  I could see myself playing TLOU MP for another half a year easily, maybe even up to a year.  

Now hopefully ND will market and advertise the MP for the PS4 more heavily and this game will get the attention it deserves.

Apparently the world of scarcity does not apply to all the moronic posters on this forum.
Message 52 of 182 (520 Views)
Survivor
2220 posts

Apr 16, 2014

Nick-A-30 wrote:
In the us playstation blog, someone asked "Will this be included in the ps4 remastered version?"

Eric said "The reclaimed territories map pack will, yes!"

He didn't mention anything about guns, etc. So it is true, which sucks...

@Nick-A-30 https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/456487831754375168

Message 53 of 182 (518 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
374 posts

Apr 16, 2014

L_A_White_Boy wrote:

I'm just going to be waiting for that moment when people come *HERE* to complain about weapons being too OP and/or dying too much from particular weapon(s). Smiley Indifferent

I do wonder how these will effect Survivors, which is all I play.  Matches might be even quicker now?

Message 54 of 182 (503 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2220 posts

Apr 16, 2014

Delta_Canuckian wrote:

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/456487831754375168

"Re: The Last of Us Grounded DLC - Only the maps and grounded mode will be included in the Remastered edition. Weapons, skills will not."

WΤF ND??? Is this true?

This news isn't the greatest for sure, I'm also looking for an answer. I'd like to buy the game on PS4 but if I'm not getting all the DLC I might just be better off buying the season pass on PS3 before it goes away.

I guess the guns/skills are so OP, that not even the PS4 can handle them. Smiley Very Happy

Message 55 of 182 (490 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Apr 16, 2014

L_A_White_Boy wrote:

Delta_Canuckian wrote:

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

"Re: The Last of Us Grounded DLC - Only the maps and grounded mode will be included in the Remastered edition. Weapons, skills will not."

WΤF ND??? Is this true?

This news isn't the greatest for sure, I'm also looking for an answer. I'd like to buy the game on PS4 but if I'm not getting all the DLC I might just be better off buying the season pass on PS3 before it goes away.

I guess the guns/skills are so OP, that not even the PS4 can handle them. Smiley Very Happy

I don't see any actual reason why they wouldn't be included, unless they're planning to sell them seperately on PS4. In which case I'm definitely going to skip the PS4 remaster.

Message 56 of 182 (486 Views)
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Apr 16, 2014

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

1. lulz Smiley Very Happy

2. You do realize that the PS3 uses ancient hardware, right? That's an unreasonable request.

You cannot have 1080p, 60fps AND upgraded graphics on the PS3.

3. Agreed. Then again, you know very well that certain people would complain about that, even though they would experience less lag/tryhards/PO4s and faster matchmaking. Unfortunately there's no cure for human stupidity/selfishness. Smiley Indifferent

Oh I know that and I'm not requesting it. Maybe I'm just being jelly Smiley Wink

young beard signature
Message 57 of 182 (473 Views)
Fender Bender
2812 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2014

Delta_Canuckian wrote:

L_A_White_Boy wrote:

Delta_Canuckian wrote:

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

WΤF ND??? Is this true?

I don't see any actual reason why they wouldn't be included, unless they're planning to sell them seperately on PS4. In which case I'm definitely going to skip the PS4 remaster.

Yeah, that's a blatant cash grab. Charging $60* for a GOTY edition was already over the top and now this?

So, someone who has already paid for the PS3 season pass will be "forced" to buy again the exact same DLCs on the PS4!

$60 + $14 = $74

No cross-buy and no upgrade option is available. Totally unacceptable!

* PS3 GOTY editions cost $40

Message 58 of 182 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Apr 16, 2014

L_A_White_Boy wrote:

"Technical" difficulties?

young beard signature
Message 59 of 182 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
702 posts

Apr 16, 2014
I would have liked a few more skills, but honestly I'm happy with this, can't wait to try them out!!
Message 60 of 182 (435 Views)