Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 21 2014
By: Fakehound Treasure Hunter 4780 posts
Accepted Solution

Last Man Standing - Should they appear on Radar?

[ Edited ]
22 replies 325 views Edited May 21, 2014

In Supply Raid do you guys think the last man standing should appear on radar if the winning team has multiple lives to spare? Example, it's 0 - 4, would you guys think the last man standing NOT appearing on radar when sprinting would be a beneficial change to give him more of a chance to get to a supply box to have a fighting chance to fight back? If the player did manage to catch back up running on radar would default back on just like now to even things back up so this would purely be to give the player a small advantage in order to reach the box and **bleep** when needed without having a target pinned wherever he decides to book it to.

9 times out of 10, if you sprint for a split second as last man standing you are done, finished, over. I thnk it would be an interesting change. Sure you're still most likely going to die horribly but I think it would be a neat scenario to help them fight the upcoming onslaught of death that awaits them. What are your thoughts guys?

tlousig2
Message 1 of 23 (325 Views)
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

Re: Last Man Standing - Should they appear on Radar?

May 21, 2014

Anything and everything that acts within the welfare system of this and any game with a competitive nature should be removed.

People should not be rewarded for doing poorly in any way, shape or form.

It is such a stupid concept I don't even know where to begin.

Message 2 of 23 (316 Views)
Naughty Host
9034 posts

May 21, 2014
Turn off completely for LMS?

No.

But the LMS blip should appear less frequently for the multi man team.

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 3 of 23 (315 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1245 posts

May 21, 2014
I would like this change as it would definitely speed up the end of a game. But for some balance, I think the team not on their final player should show up on the radar as well. So it will speed up the game by showing every player on the radar, but not give one side an advantage.
Message 4 of 23 (314 Views)
Sackboy
374 posts

May 21, 2014

Then that would not make people a Happy Camper, if you know what I mean?

Message 5 of 23 (306 Views)
Sackboy
370 posts

May 21, 2014

Am I the only person here that's psyched to play Evolve this fall? LMS is awesome, keeps things interesting on both sides and yes they should still show up on radar, this is still a "stealth" game, if they want the goods they'll have to earn them or die running.

Message 6 of 23 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
76 posts

May 21, 2014
Beheshti Lombax Warrior
9:06 AM
Anything and everything that acts within the welfare system of this and any game with a competitive nature should be removed.

People should not be rewarded for doing poorly in any way, shape or form.

It is such a stupid concept I don't even know where to begin.

Allow me to enlighten you, both teams hit the first supply box then both teams move to the same box, fire fight ensues, one team kills the other team. The winning team collects the second box and moves onto the 3rd as the losing team waits to respawn. Hence the winning team has more craftables thus advantaged. So after winning the next engagement, team winners are upgrading weapons, buying armour and purchasables, whereas the losers have little more than what they started with. And it just snowballs and snowballs from there.
Without the welfare system the game would horrendously unbalanced and people would be rage quitting, en mass, after 3 minutes.
Message 7 of 23 (252 Views)
Monster Hunter
32 posts

May 21, 2014
Shrapnel, there is a simple answer to this. It is called DON'T DIE. If your entire team gets wiped out, and NOBODY on the opposing team does, from the result of ONE firefight...you and everyone on your team needs to do some re-evaluation of your skills. Also, upon re-spawning, you are almost always placed within a few seconds trot of another box. Take checkpoint for example. If you die attempting to get one of the middle boxes, you will almost always respawn at the opposing team's beginning spawn, thus guaranteeing you a free box. Yeah, you are behind one box at this point(because the other team is likely at the box near your original spawn), but that is due to the fact you LOST that opening fight. Why should you be rewarded for LOSING? You basically want to rewarded on an equal level, despite doing nothing to earn it. It makes no sense, and why welfare systems are absolutely idiotic.
Message 8 of 23 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
76 posts

May 21, 2014
My friend I want rewarding for nothing.
I'm simply stating, in the simplest form, that as soon as one team gains advantage over the other it's game over.
The welfare system prevents this.
I'm like Joel, I've been on both sides.
Would you be happy if late joins got no welfare and had to toe to toe with fully upgraded, armoured Molotov factories with only their starting guns?
Message 9 of 23 (228 Views)
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

May 21, 2014

dukenut01 wrote:
Shrapnel, there is a simple answer to this. It is called DON'T DIE.

great way for game developers to balance their game. dont do anything and leave it to your players

Message 10 of 23 (218 Views)
0 Likes