Monster Hunter
32 posts

Re: Last Man Standing - Should they appear on Radar?

May 21, 2014
Late-joining is different. If I get late-joined into a match(in which my team is losing, I presume), this is the ONLY way welfare should be awarded. I am being unwillingly thrust into a game in which I had no role in the deficit my team is facing. I should be rewarded something for this. However, if I have been there since the match's beginning, I should be forced to deal with the consequences of my poor playing. I am directly responsible for the deficit my team is facing, and I should not be given items and parts to compensate for my poor judgment or poor aiming. I'm sorry, but rewarding failure is NOT a good way of "balancing" a game.
Message 11 of 23 (193 Views)
Lombax Warrior
76 posts

May 21, 2014
Scissor planks, mollies, bombs and smoke/ shiv combo are all seen on this forum as being noob weapons and cheap kills.
Ipso facto, they should be given more frequently to lesser skilled players to give them an incentive to persist with the game.
If you've got a guy who runs 20-20-0 every game, he clearly doesn't need the noob weapons.
I've had a run of ten games where I couldn't mod a stick or even get a stick to mod.
Other games I've been given full molotovs and machetes from boxes.
I prefer when I can't craft sticks.
Message 12 of 23 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

May 22, 2014
You can't just give lesser skilled players free parts and weapons. This is not how you get better, this just makes you dependant upon said items. You need to teach players when and where to engage enemies. The only way to do this is through taking your lumps, and learning to take your time. If a player chooses to give up playing a game because they refuse to learn from their mistakes and better their strategy, then good riddance.
Message 13 of 23 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

May 22, 2014

I don't think there should be any change to the LMS system, except perhaps cutting down on the free molotovs.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 14 of 23 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

May 22, 2014

all of us were noobs at some point. some people played a couple games and quit, some played 12 weeks and quit. others are at or beyond the 800 mark. at the start we liked using constand mollies and modded 2x4s, but we got bored always using/depending on them so learned other ways to play.

its like CT2. we all know its really good, but many of us have chosen to drop it in favor of a fresh playstyle.

Message 15 of 23 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
76 posts

May 22, 2014
Dukenut01,
Your argument is akin to a guy who earns 100k a year bemoaning the unemployed their state benifits. Without a welfare system the poor would turn to crime or die of poverty.
Good riddens you might say.
Without the games welfare system new players wouldn't stay and the player pool would shrink, which is a bad thing for everyone.
I don't begrudge noobs a few molotovs and a bag of parts.
Message 16 of 23 (124 Views)
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

May 22, 2014

shrapnelcanman77 wrote:
Dukenut01,
Your argument is akin to a guy who earns 100k a year bemoaning the unemployed their state benifits. Without a welfare system the poor would turn to crime or die of poverty.
Good riddens you might say.
Without the games welfare system new players wouldn't stay and the player pool would shrink, which is a bad thing for everyone.
I don't begrudge noobs a few molotovs and a bag of parts.

The stupidity of your analogy leaves me at a loss for words.

There is so much to discuss regarding this system but I feel like all my energy would be lost with you for nothing.

Message 17 of 23 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4821 posts

May 22, 2014
Welfare system is fine. /thread
tlousig2
Message 18 of 23 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
200 posts

May 22, 2014

I have always had a knick with the last man standing, seeing as though, almost every single time, the one that remains is most likely the camper that hid away the whole match. You can clearly see how that might irritate people. 

I always though a simple change to the spawn system would benefit everyone. Just have a five death limit count for every player. That way, randoms won't ever take my spawns, and the original TLoU multiplayer pace would make a return. I'm referring to its former gameplay style of thinking before acting, and not the current run and gun style.

"There is the moral of all human tales;
‘Tis but the same rehearsal of the past,
First freedom, and then glory — when that fails,
Wealth, vice, corruption — barbarism at last."
Message 19 of 23 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

May 22, 2014
I support the above idea. Idk how many times I have had double digit kills and 1-2 deaths, and my team has LOST, because two other players on my team decided to go a combined 4-15 or even worse than that. At no point should two people detract from over half of the team's allotted lives.

However, I can see where it could be bad, if you places a "death cap" on Supply Raid. If one player died his five times, it could potentially reduce the game to 4-3, which would result in the opposing team rushing, more often than not. At least even strength keeps MOST people honest, if they know they have to be on the lookout for 4 enemies, instead of just three.
Message 20 of 23 (85 Views)
0 Likes