Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Re: Last of Us Multiplayer Hack or Cheat?

Jul 10, 2013

solomoncrow wrote:
Even without cinema mode there are ways to take videos, use your phone you have to, or webcam from your computer. After that compile a list of informarion with attempted proof to back it up, get the person in questions name (of course do not make this public record) and get down their connection how many bars are they running.

When all this is done take the proper precautions to report this person, currently we have zod but as stated he is doing this on HIS TIME, he has also given the name of two others who can assist us. Report the player to sony also and any and all technical support Naughty dog and Sony both. For the time being this Is all we can do now until we are given more support which will take time it Is not simple.

It's simply ridiculous that a MP game in 2013 was made without a feature to report cheaters, there is no going around it.

Second what you suggested won't always work since we don't play expecting to see cheaters so most times grabbing your phone or webcam will simply not work by then its too late.

Message 41 of 65 (1,460 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jul 10, 2013

zod5000 wrote:

Solomon I appreciate the advice and help Smiley Very Happy.

People can continue to send me issues and I also plan on deputizing some people to help with the load of responding to problems. I'll also be stickying some posts in the next couple of days with some common troubleshooting steps for issues.

I'll be unavailable on the forums until midday tomorrow. Thank you again everyone for helping us find these and for the patience while we try to figure them out.

We appreciate you taking the time out to come here & converse with us as well. Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 65 (1,457 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
3959 posts

Jul 10, 2013
The sad thing is the fact that the hack is here to stay. It most likely can't be stopped due to its nature. Maybe a health, damage and item check when connecting to mp. The hack looks so similar to the old CoD hexidecimal editor hacks, that I feel very discouraged. Without a real player report option and real actions taken, the hackers win. Its not just the actual reporting of hacks. Its the real threat of being perma-banned that keeps them from ruining the game.

If the warden is not watching and not enforcing rules, the inmates will run the asylum.
Message 43 of 65 (1,456 Views)
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Jul 10, 2013

IMHO the lack of cinema mode in this game is unforgivable!

ND should know better by now!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

www.youtube.com/user/Artennos
Message 44 of 65 (1,441 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 10, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
The sad thing is the fact that the hack is here to stay. It most likely can't be stopped due to its nature. Maybe a health, damage and item check when connecting to mp. The hack looks so similar to the old CoD hexidecimal editor hacks, that I feel very discouraged. Without a real player report option and real actions taken, the hackers win. Its not just the actual reporting of hacks. Its the real threat of being perma-banned that keeps them from ruining the game.

If the warden is not watching and not enforcing rules, the inmates will run the asylum.

Honestly, I doubt it that someone would bother hex editing TLOU's executable and risk getting his console permabanned by Sony, since CFWs are not allowed on the PSN.

Not to mention that most 12-year old kids don't even know what a hex editor is, lol...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 45 of 65 (1,437 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3959 posts

Jul 10, 2013
@tap You might be right. I'm just not sure what other way they could affect so many key attributesof the game. If we start seeing guys flying or running 5x faster, I will have no doubt about its origin. And yeah most 12yr olds would struggle with this method. But buying a ready-to-go flash drive would solve that problem.
Message 46 of 65 (1,415 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 10, 2013

It could just be a rare glitch, like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Q2Yfse5aM

Lagswitching is not a glitch though and it needs to be dealt with promptly.

That dreaded (1.00.061) LiveUpdate made lagswitching easier, since now the game is more lenient for players who experience packet loss (artificial or not, there's no way to differentiate it).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 47 of 65 (1,399 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Jul 10, 2013

There seems to be definitive proof that hackers exist (yes, i've seen the infinite everything video), but I'd be careful with assuming all weird behaviors are hacking.

Had a match with some lower level folks just now, one guy i put at least 7 revolver shots into, including one in the head, and he only finally went down with a melee strike.  I figured it was lag, but  I joked with him between matches..."was that just lag or were you hacking?"  no answer, but next match he was on my team.  If he's a hacker, he's hiding it well (3 downs, 5 deaths, ~2000 parts)

Message 48 of 65 (1,389 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Jul 11, 2013
Don't get me wrong I am not saying that useing your phone or video camera is the solution period end of story, I'm just saying as of now until a better way is found or created by the developers (although I could agree steps should have been taken before hand to deal with these things, as it is there is not one yet and it takes time to emplant them)

So those things that I have mentioned in my earlier post were only a temporary fix so that we players who are frustrated with these cheats (myself being one such frustrated player) may have the ability to not only mildly vent but attempt to help in the process of having these waste of space cheaters dealt with.
Message 49 of 65 (1,372 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1100 posts

Jul 11, 2013
We ran into one of these. He went negative and lost. Most fun match I've ever had. One hit kill/down weapons are the only way to beat one of these people. How do you report people for this btw?
Message 50 of 65 (1,364 Views)
0 Likes