Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Re: Late Joins

Jul 23, 2013

Harold-Da-Man wrote:

Late Joins

Suck. End of thread. Naughty Dog need to fix this ASAP. Losing isn't fun, but being thrown sphincter-first in to a losing match with <10 minutes to make >110 supplies is about at appealing as eating glass and being punched in the throat.

Message 11 of 22 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
304 posts

Jul 23, 2013

Harold-Da-Man wrote:

I've experienced, far too many times, joining a game when it is over half way done. There is simply not enough time to gain the necessary supplies. This is extremely annoying because you unfairly lose dozens of survivors this way. So I've come up with two potential solutions.

a. Remove late joins (not the best options, because joining games when there are 16+ reinforcements is fine)

b. Lower the supply quota depending on how late in the game it is.

There's my two cents about late joins.

I'll always back out if I latejoin. Only staying if the match just begun

Message 12 of 22 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

Jul 23, 2013

Totally agree. Late joining should not be a part of this game. Mid-match joining is for something like call of duty where all you do is run around like an idiot anyway. When you have challenges based on how many supplies you can scavenge per game and you have less than half of the game to do it, you're instantly put in a no-win situation.

They should at least make it an option to disable mid-match joining.

0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Jul 23, 2013

So guess what guys. I late joined a game and we lost before I could spawn or leave. Smiley Mad

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 14 of 22 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Jul 23, 2013

Here's what happened to me today:

I'm on my second attempt to stay alive till the end of the 12 weeks. (My first attempt ended in losing all my survivors 4 days before the end of the 12th week. Sucks.)

Now i'm under attack from the Fireflies and i have selected the 15 Kills mission.

In the first match my team wasn't team playing and i couldn't even make enough kills.

My next match if you call that a match, didn't even start.

I selected my weapons class and i was waiting on the load screen for the match to begin. The next thing i saw was a black screen and the that the match was over, having collected 0 supplies. That is some cheating right there Naughty Dog!

How the heck can i meet my 15 kills in one match now? The Firefly attack has 100% risk of losing my survivors!

2nd time that i lose the Hunter journey. Seriously, if the next time this happens, i'm gonna stop playing multiplayer.

That late match joining is a joke.

Sorry for the long post people.

Photobucket
Message 15 of 22 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Jul 23, 2013

Harold-Da-Man wrote:

I've experienced, far too many times, joining a game when it is over half way done. There is simply not enough time to gain the necessary supplies. This is extremely annoying because you unfairly lose dozens of survivors this way. So I've come up with two potential solutions.

a. Remove late joins (not the best options, because joining games when there are 16+ reinforcements is fine)

b. Lower the supply quota depending on how late in the game it is.

There's my two cents about late joins.

This is why I always dashboard quit late joined matches, because whey you have over 90 survivors, your going to need a full match to get the necessary supplies to slowly reach 120 survivors for the final unlock.

Message 16 of 22 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Jul 23, 2013

If you join a game that is below a certain time or score, and you decide to quit right away it wont count your loss. 

Message 17 of 22 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Jul 27, 2013

Just had a game with 3 shivs to get to get the 10%, I got put into a game with 8 lives left, got one shiv that didn't even register, and then the game counted. Seriously Smiley Sad Now I have 4 healthy 52 hungry and 11 sick, because I've had two consecutive half games.

They could start by making sure you don't get a half game on a mission.

Message 18 of 22 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Re: n gmRe: Late Joins

Jul 27, 2013

they need to make it appealing to stay in a losing game. that means enough parts to keep your clan thriving and a full set over everything crafting wise (everyone else playing will have one at this point) and enough points to get the upgrades everyone else has. 

most of the time they spawn you right into enemy territory. you go for hte nearest spawn like you would at the beginning of the game and get decimated, with no chance of catching up or getting the points other people have. 

it's an auto quit. I won't stay. 

if they started you out up to speed and with a spawn that was decent and so it didn't decimate your clan it would be a different story. wins and losses don't count. clan does. 

Message 19 of 22 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Re: n gmRe: Late Joins

Jul 27, 2013

Parsec326 wrote:

nope, not good enough. Ever gone into a game with a 9mm pistol, everyone has armour, second round upgrades, your team has 8 lives left. No chance of a shootout.

Solution, auto armour : or you get the average parts of your team straight up.

I got put in a survivors game last night with 1 life left, same deal, no armour weapon upgrades, and had 35 hungry from the game. Seriously!!!

you forgot to mention the full stock of molotovs smoke bombs shivs and bombs, they always have as well. 

Message 20 of 22 (51 Views)
0 Likes