Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
13617 posts
 

Re: Le wild Objective mode appeared!

Jul 10, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:
Enjoy more lag. I'll stay in the lag-free pool.

Lots of people are getting the Season Pass*, so lots of people will join the DLC pool, don't you worry.

 

*The Last of Us Season Pass amongst top sold DLC in June.


I'll stop worrying when everyone will buy the DLC maps.

The game sold 3.4 million copies. Do you honestly think that they sold 3.4 million season passes as well? Even if only 10% care about the MP, there's no way they have sold 340k season passes. Even COD doesn't sell so many season passes.

 

You can check the ratings in the PS store.

 

And I agree with Calcunnon that paid maps/modes are acceptable in Co-op, because you don't need a big pool or even matchmaking in the first place: just invite a couple of friends in a Custom Game and you're good to go.

 

Paid maps & playlists/modes in Competitive is a huge no-no in my book. We already have Mercenary. There's no need to split the pool even further, especially in a niche MP game.


Paid maps and competitive is fine in Call of Duty which has the right amount of fan support to cover it.

 

TLOU is nowhere near. out of those 3/4 million, how many don't care about MP? There are plenty of people who wanted the story and that was all they wanted.



Message 21 of 147 (322 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/11/2008
Offline
4836 posts
 

Re: Le wild Objective mode appeared!

Jul 10, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:
Enjoy more lag. I'll stay in the lag-free pool.

Lots of people are getting the Season Pass*, so lots of people will join the DLC pool, don't you worry.

 

*The Last of Us Season Pass amongst top sold DLC in June.


I'll stop worrying when everyone will buy the DLC maps.

The game sold 3.4 million copies. Do you honestly think that they sold 3.4 million season passes as well? Even if only 10% care about the MP, there's no way they have sold 340k season passes. Even COD doesn't sell so many season passes.

 

You can check the ratings in the PS store.

 

And I agree with Calcunnon that paid maps/modes are acceptable in Co-op, because you don't need a big pool or even matchmaking in the first place: just invite a couple of friends in a Custom Game and you're good to go.

 

Paid maps & playlists/modes in Competitive is a huge no-no in my book. We already have Mercenary. There's no need to split the pool even further, especially in a niche MP game.


I don't mind paid maps as DLC, I would really like them to be free, but I can't expect them to work on it and give it to us for free. I know some games have done it, but those were not very succesful MPs (i.e. Starhawk).

 

However, I do have a problem with paid modes. I was just mentioning the fact that I don't think there will be as much lag as UC3 because A) The season pass is among the top DLCs purchased this month and B) A good number of people play TLOU MP. In UC3, I rarely saw people from my country play, it happens alot here.




Message 22 of 147 (319 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Le wild Objective mode appeared!

Jul 10, 2013

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:
Enjoy more lag. I'll stay in the lag-free pool.

Lots of people are getting the Season Pass*, so lots of people will join the DLC pool, don't you worry.

 

*The Last of Us Season Pass amongst top sold DLC in June.


I'll stop worrying when everyone will buy the DLC maps.

The game sold 3.4 million copies. Do you honestly think that they sold 3.4 million season passes as well? Even if only 10% care about the MP, there's no way they have sold 340k season passes. Even COD doesn't sell so many season passes.

 

You can check the ratings in the PS store.

 

And I agree with Calcunnon that paid maps/modes are acceptable in Co-op, because you don't need a big pool or even matchmaking in the first place: just invite a couple of friends in a Custom Game and you're good to go.

 

Paid maps & playlists/modes in Competitive is a huge no-no in my book. We already have Mercenary. There's no need to split the pool even further, especially in a niche MP game.


I don't mind paid maps as DLC, I would really like them to be free, but I can't expect them to work on it and give it to us for free. I know some games have done it, but those were not very succesful MPs (i.e. Starhawk).

 

However, I do have a problem with paid modes. I was just mentioning the fact that I don't think there will be as much lag as UC3 because A) The season pass is among the top DLCs purchased this month and B) A good number of people play TLOU MP. In UC3, I rarely saw people from my country play, it happens alot here.


Not only Starhawk, but also God of War: Ascension has free DLC maps for everyone. Both of them are Sony exclusive games. If Santa Monica can offer free DLC maps, then why not? Does anyone remember Fort in UC2 MP?

They can recoup the development cost of the DLC maps by selling more DLC skins/hats/backpacks/whatever, as long as they fit the game's universe of course.

ps: How many people from your country bought the season pass? See my point now? Just because someone bought the disc, it doesn't guarantee that he/she will buy the season pass as well.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 23 of 147 (314 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/11/2008
Offline
4836 posts
 

Re: Le wild Objective mode appeared!

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2013

tapantaola wrote:
Not only Starhawk, but also God of War: Ascension has free DLC maps for everyone. Both of them are Sony exclusive games. If Santa Monica can offer free DLC maps, then why not? Does anyone remember Fort in UC2 MP?

 

They can recoup the development cost of the DLC maps by selling more DLC skins/hats/backpacks/whatever, as long as they fit the game's universe of course.

ps: How many people from your country bought the season pass? See my point now? Just because someone bought the disc, it doesn't guarantee that he/she will buy the season pass as well.


Well, each company has their own strategies and models. As for people from my country getting the Season Pass, we'll have to wait and see how it turns out. As of right now, I can't speak of how many bought/will buy it.




Message 24 of 147 (306 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/07/2013
Offline
109 posts
 

Re: Le wild Objective mode appeared!

Jul 10, 2013

Paying for an objective mode is so silly in fact im so worried that the dlc story will be the ending of the history so actualy to see the ending you have to pay wich is pitty i dont want nd to be another activision and keep rip off the community im ok though with a paid dlc maps or even co-op mode even i still hope it will be free . 

 

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/leviosacho/media/6063e192-edce-4bf4-be38-1f5c5d2df1b7.jpg.html
Message 25 of 147 (297 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/13/2010
Offline
3641 posts
 

Re: Le wild Objective mode appeared!

Jul 10, 2013
The reason I find regional players most of the time is because the playlist has only 2 modes and everyone has the same maps. When the DLC divides us up, the foreign laggers will filter on in. At least I can see their names but still back out. Hopefully the KSA, MEX, BRA, CHLE etc players are still proud of their countries like they are in U3. The obvious clan tags will help. Hearing their voices would help even more.
Message 26 of 147 (288 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Le wild Objective mode appeared!

Jul 10, 2013

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:
Not only Starhawk, but also God of War: Ascension has free DLC maps for everyone. Both of them are Sony exclusive games. If Santa Monica can offer free DLC maps, then why not? Does anyone remember Fort in UC2 MP?

 

They can recoup the development cost of the DLC maps by selling more DLC skins/hats/backpacks/whatever, as long as they fit the game's universe of course.

ps: How many people from your country bought the season pass? See my point now? Just because someone bought the disc, it doesn't guarantee that he/she will buy the season pass as well.


Well, each company has their own strategies and models. As for people from my country getting the Season Pass, we'll have to wait and see how it turns out. As of right now, I can't speak of how many bought/will buy it.


Different policies you say? How about we have the good ol' ND (of the 2009 era) with the free Fort map? :smileywink:

Unless you're implying that ND got more greedy since then...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 27 of 147 (285 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Le wild Objective mode appeared!

Jul 10, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
The reason I find regional players most of the time is because the playlist has only 2 modes and everyone has the same maps. When the DLC divides us up, the foreign laggers will filter on in. At least I can see their names but still back out. Hopefully the KSA, MEX, BRA, CHLE etc players are still proud of their countries like they are in U3. The obvious clan tags will help. Hearing their voices would help even more.

TBH, I'm surprised that nobody has complained about the fact that it's so easy to back out in TLOU MP. It was a glitch/bug in UC3 MP, that everyone wanted it to be fixed by ND, but now it's an official feature! :smileyvery-happy:

 

I agree that as soon as I see those dreaded lag-inducing clan tags, I'm gonna get the hell out of that lobby! We don't see connection bars anymore (except after the match), so I deem it a fair compromise.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 28 of 147 (269 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 11/24/2011
Offline
11190 posts
 

Re: Le wild Objective mode appeared!

Jul 10, 2013
Same thing happened to me in AC3, in the voting screen there was Galata and Chest Capture.

Both map and modes were not in AC3. Were they ever implemented as DLC? No.

But oh well, i'm buying the Seaon Pass soon(TM), i hope some kind of OBJ is in that... or at least it's free like the Lab was... paying for a mode, what is happening to gaming...

And no, scootgar, me wants Jak's goggles in TLoU! :smileytongue:

...

Message 29 of 147 (262 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/30/2011
Offline
1429 posts
 

Re: Le wild Objective mode appeared!

Jul 10, 2013

This also could mean that someone hacked there way into the servers and created there own modded custom game (after all we have cheaters in this game) :smileytongue: .

 

No but serious objective really Naughty Dog?? Now if it was saying ''infected'' I would have some sympathy but really you guys get in my eyes weaker each day. Maybe it is time for you to stop all this MP crap and just go back to the core SP games. 

Message 30 of 147 (251 Views)
Reply
0 Likes