Jul 25 2013
By: EDawg24 Splicer 58 posts

Leaving game early

31 replies 377 views Edited Jul 25, 2013

Something really needs to change about ppl leaving game early. It is to the point now where if ppl have a bad game they just quit game and then if it is far enough through the game then it is over and you get no bonus. Last time happend was still there whole crew + 5 clones left and they all left and then we are stuck with what ever point we have and any supplies not picjed up you dont get. Something needs to change so that ppl are punished for leaving not for staying.

Regards

Erik

Message 1 of 32 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

Re: Leaving game early

Jul 25, 2013

People are punished... unless you just do what everyone else does and dashboard. I'll admit I've done it more than once, but that was only when the game became unplayable or I was thrown into a game where I had no chance of meeting my goals for supplies/challenges. It's a tough one, but rage quitting because you're a whinny **bleep** is definitely a problem.

0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jul 25, 2013

crazy-bad wrote:

People are punished... unless you just do what everyone else does and dashboard. I'll admit I've done it more than once, but that was only when the game became unplayable or I was thrown into a game where I had no chance of meeting my goals for supplies/challenges. It's a tough one, but rage quitting because you're a whinny **bleep** is definitely a problem.

It is also a problem that cowards like you quit games because they can't get enough supplies. It's like saying "I'm not good enough to get the supplies, so I'll just quit by cheap methods and pretend that didn't happen"

Message 3 of 32 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

Jul 25, 2013

lol741 wrote:

crazy-bad wrote:

It is also a problem that cowards like you quit games because they can't get enough supplies. It's like saying "I'm not good enough to get the supplies, so I'll just quit by cheap methods and pretend that didn't happen"

Sorry, I meant to say a game that's already started and is about half way to 3/4 done. I won't back out of a game that I've been in from the start because there are enough ways even for **bleep** players such as myself to get at least close to enough parts to keep my clan rolling. Personal insults aside, of course

0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jul 25, 2013

crazy-bad wrote:

lol741 wrote:

crazy-bad wrote:

Sorry, I meant to say a game that's already started and is about half way to 3/4 done. I won't back out of a game that I've been in from the start because there are enough ways even for **bleep** players such as myself to get at least close to enough parts to keep my clan rolling. Personal insults aside, of course

You can only join games that are half way through at max. That was said by a ND dev.

Message 5 of 32 (306 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jul 25, 2013

great so in suply raid they have 20 left it tosses you in group with 10 left thats halfway.. is that fair?

Message 6 of 32 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jul 26, 2013

wordsmyth420 wrote:

great so in suply raid they have 20 left it tosses you in group with 10 left thats halfway.. is that fair?

It is if you're dumb enough to search for a game alone with the no parties option unmarked. This situation is very unlikely to happen if there are no parties on the table.

Message 7 of 32 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jul 26, 2013
I find myself "signing out" on a nearly gamely basis.

Naughty Dogs fault though.

Combined levels of 300+ against a team of 0-25 is unacceptable. Why should I be forced to play that match?

Though I'm now also leaving games if entire teams are camping in one area (ie boring me to death) or they're spamming molotovs and bombs instead of shooting... Or they're brawler modified melee/ explosive expert spamming.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

So I leave and find a better match.

Deal with it Smiley HappySmiley Happy
Killzone 2 userbar
Message 8 of 32 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jul 26, 2013

Cloudburst-- wrote:
I find myself "signing out" on a nearly gamely basis.

Naughty Dogs fault though.

Combined levels of 300+ against a team of 0-25 is unacceptable. Why should I be forced to play that match?

Though I'm now also leaving games if entire teams are camping in one area (ie boring me to death) or they're spamming molotovs and bombs instead of shooting... Or they're brawler modified melee/ explosive expert spamming.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

So I leave and find a better match.

Deal with it Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Rage Quit.

Message 9 of 32 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Jul 26, 2013

Leaving early has 0 consequences for the person leaving (if they dashboard).  it does have consequences for your team.  Now they are stuck shorthanded, with a new replacement (if they are lucky).  But the new replacement feels consequences too, as they have less time to get parts in their match.

So your former team and their future teammates suffer b/c of your choice.

I'm fine with people leaving if they dont like the matchup, or if they are whiny babies who dont like losing, or if they realize they aren't going to reach their target...it's a free country/internet.  but i'm not fine with their teammates paying the price for their giving up, turning tail, and running away from the challenge.  

there are legit reasons to get out (lag, cheaters, maybe horrible teammates, although that's debatable), but these are relatively rare occurrences.  how many supply raid matches end with 4vs2 b/c people dont want to lose.  

move the penalty back onto the quitter, instead of on the quitters team.  they are being penalized for staying, while the quitter babies walk away w/o consequence.

Message 10 of 32 (206 Views)
0 Likes