Uncharted Territory
1174 posts

Re: Leaving game early

Jul 26, 2013
I spent my 60 bucks on the game like everyone else. I can rage quit as much as I please
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 11 of 32 (136 Views)
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Jul 26, 2013

A lot of the reasons for leaving which have been stated in this thread are lame...my opinion. It doesn't make anyone a "bad person", though...ND should design something which rewards those who stay in a short-handed match. 

I guess I don't care about stats enough and I don't feel the metagame is that hard to be overly concerned with. I find the times I am outnumbered to be exhilerating. I may not do well in the match, but who cares? All my good moves are accented by the difficulty and all my bad moves have a built-in excuse.

Message 12 of 32 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jul 26, 2013

RyokuSonic wrote:
I spent my 60 bucks on the game like everyone else. I can rage quit as much as I please

And I paid 100 dollars, so shut the hell up. 

Message 13 of 32 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1845 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013
But rage quitting has consequences.

Why should I be punished for Naughty Dogs inability to let their matchmaking system balance up a series of 8 different numbers into two even teams. It's not rocket science. Smiley Happy

I don't care about the game after I've left so "ex teammates" and how they might do is irrelevant to me. Especially when the team was going to get whooped anyway as they were inexperienced and playing a team of high ranks probably with crafter and explosive expert on Smiley Very Happy
Killzone 2 userbar
Message 14 of 32 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Jul 26, 2013

Cloudburst-- wrote:
But rage quitting has consequences.

Why should I be punished for Naughty Dogs inability to let their matchmaking system balance up a series of 8 different numbers into two even teams. It's not rocket science. Smiley Happy

I don't care about the game after I've left so "ex teammates" and how they might do is irrelevant to me. Especially when the team was going to get whooped anyway as they were inexperienced and playing a team of high ranks probably with crafter and explosive expert on Smiley Very Happy

Play non-team modes? I don't like rage quitting either, but it's been an element of every MP I've ever played...try and not let it bother you, is my suggestion.

Message 15 of 32 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1845 posts

Jul 26, 2013
I love team modes. When they're good games.

So if they're bad games or Naughty Dog in their infinite wisdom has out a crap team of inexperienced players against the four highest ranks in the lobby then I sign out. Sign back in. And search for another game.
Killzone 2 userbar
Message 16 of 32 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Jul 26, 2013

I just play the match, maybe get kicked around a bit...my kdr might take a hit, but I learn more from opponents who are better than me. If it goes to 2v4, me against them, even more of a tense situation. If there were no stats in games, we would all have more bada$$ matches, imo...heck, hide the rank too, I don't care!

Still, I would like to re-iterate, I agree that rage quitting is pretty lame, in 95% of situations. Those who do it often must know they are lesser players for it, right?

Message 17 of 32 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
755 posts

Jul 26, 2013

I've started leaving games where the matchmaking puts me in a match where I have zero bars connection to the host.

Message 18 of 32 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

Jul 26, 2013

I always love when my team gets off to a bad start, two players leave and then me and whoever the other friend/random pull up our socks and end up winning the game anyway. Nothing more satisfying. It's surprisingly easy to come back in this game. Quitting is the only way to guarantee yourself you won't win.

0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

The only time it should be acceptable to leave is if it's a late join. Someone left because they were receiving a beatdown. You'll just receive it for them.

Which is almost every match I've come across recently in partied and non partied lists.

Only way you are sure of a non late join is to be in a party.

I honestly don't get ND's punishment system for the lone wolf.

If however you come up against high levels. it's somewhat fair. matchmaking doesn't work right and those are the breaks you get. Take it like a man.

Message 20 of 32 (88 Views)
0 Likes