Jun 17 2013
By: GriiM_NightMaRe Splicer 50 posts

Listen mode in Multiplayer. Taken out, or leave it?

83 replies 2206 views Edited Jun 17, 2013

I personally think it should be taken out because "Listen mode" really isn't a listening mode. You're seeing through walls, not listening through them. How can someone "Listen" but see through walls? I know this game isn't realisitic is many ways, but I don't see the need of it in MP. No one has been exploiting it a lot, but it's like another SA in many ways. Other than that, the games core is balanced, but a few here and there tweaks are needed and we can say that this is the "Best MP ever conceived". 

That's why you have a radar, to see enemies on the mini map without a silenced gun, or that're sprinting. 

Please comment and PLEASE post your thoughts below. thanks

Spoiler

Message 1 of 84 (2,206 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14202 posts

Re: Listen mode in Multiplayer. Taken out, or leave it?

Jun 17, 2013

GriiM_NightMaRe wrote:

I personally think it should be taken out because "Listen mode" really isn't a listening mode. You're seeing through walls, not listening through them. How can someone "Listen" but see through walls? I know this game isn't realisitic is many ways, but I don't see the need of it in MP. No one has been exploiting it a lot, but it's like another SA in many ways. Other than that, the games core is balanced, but a few here and there tweaks are needed and we can say that this is the "Best MP ever conceived". 

That's why you have a radar, to see enemies on the mini map without a silenced gun, or that're sprinting. 

Please comment and PLEASE post your thoughts below. thanks

Spoiler

I'm exploiting it a lot.

It's OP.. Any form of SA is OP though.

Message 2 of 84 (2,178 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1363 posts

Jun 17, 2013

To be completely honest, I don't use it that much and I'm usually the top player on my team. It's a cool feature but it can be easily countered. 

Message 3 of 84 (2,173 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Theres some boosters that allow u to stay invisble while your crouch walking again listen mode

Message 4 of 84 (2,171 Views)
Splicer
50 posts

Jun 17, 2013
Yeah thats the problem. We don't need people to exploit it. Especially this early in the game
Message 5 of 84 (2,155 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Jun 17, 2013
what boosters let you stay invisible?

the only thing I know to stay invisible when people use listen mode is to stay still. other than that, I don't know what you're talking about
Message 6 of 84 (2,154 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1363 posts

Jun 17, 2013

I use a booster that makes me immune to Listen Mode, unless I'm sprinting which I never do. As long as you're crouch-walking you're invisible basically to Listen Mode.

Message 7 of 84 (2,147 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Jun 17, 2013

GriiM_NightMaRe wrote:
what boosters let you stay invisible?

the only thing I know to stay invisible when people use listen mode is to stay still. other than that, I don't know what you're talking about

Covert Training 2 lets you stay invisble while crouch walking. It's 4 points.

That's kinda the aim though, you're meant to set up and defend yourself and move in a pack. The range isn't all that much on the mode either/takes awhile to regenerate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 8 of 84 (2,145 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
686 posts

Jun 17, 2013

The idea of it on paper is very OP but it's execution is not as OP as I thought it would be. They did level it out with a cool down and you have to have at least 50% of it regenerated to use it. 

As others have mentioned, Cover Training 2 allows you to be immune to it while you are crouch walking. I think I have this booster in pretty much all of my loadouts.

I still use Listen Mode here and there but I do not think it is that OP. 

Played a match on Supply Raid at the High School, my team was winning, it was down to sudden death for the other team. The last guy was hiding in the bathroom where there is one in and out. He booby trapped it with two nail bombs, I didn't notice the first one but just so happens to use Listen Mode and saw the second one. Since he was standing still, I could not actually see him but we were able to form a strategy to flush him out, which turned out to be shooting the first nail bomb then a guy running in with a molotov Smiley Tongue

Twitter: @HeaneyWeeny
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePattyCakeChamp
Message 9 of 84 (2,108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5484 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Listen Mode is 100% perfect as it is. Don't touch it, ND.

Message 10 of 84 (2,063 Views)