Fender Bender
2633 posts

Re: Live Update- Weapons Balancing

Sep 28, 2013

the 9mm is an underrated gem

sure, trying to kill people from a distance like you can with the revolver isn't easy

but the fire rate sure comes in handy with stick/armor melee rushers

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 181 of 210 (420 Views)
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Quin I thought you said lets stop this debate? Quin first you complained and said why are we keeping on about this? I replyed saying its because you are replying so we are replying to you. Then you carried on debating. Then you said to stop this debate then you carried on this debate after I agreed to stop because we both made our points. Make up your mind. The Semi-Auto was fine. It did what it was suppose to do. It was a jack of all trades gun. Other MPs have a mid range gun like the SAR that functions the same. The SAR does good in all areas but dominates in none. A skilled Burst Rifle user will beat a skilled Semi-Auto user in close range and same with the Hunting Rifle in its range. What probably happened was unskilled Burst Rifle users and unskilled Hunting Rifle users were obviously losing against skilled SAR users so kept crying about them. They are not going to admit they are unskilled they will just blame the weapon like you. Lol at you claiming the SAR was OP. Do you think the SAR is OP now?

Message 182 of 210 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2013

Quin let me spell this out for you ... A popular gun does not equal a OP gun ... You previously mentioned that you view a popular gun as people "abusing it" when there will always be a popular gun. Your one of those players that'll call something cheap or someone a noob for using a gun or perk you hate because you lose a lot against those players. You have ridiculous views on whats abusing and OP. The 9mm is easy to use so does that make it OP? of course not. OP would be if the SAR dominates in every range fighting against BR/HR skilled players and winning constantly and majority of the time against them. For your information Quin the majority asked for nothing to get nerfed. Ill bump up one of the threads to the first page where the majority asked to leave all the weapons alone. The topic Im bumping is titled ... The "No Need To Nerf" Thread ... by GOW71. Read through it then tell me the majority wanted the SAR nerfed.

Message 183 of 210 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3359 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2013
*David voice* "You think you know me?" 1st off I'm not the type of person who says something's OP because I got killed by it, but you know what After I'd played TLOU a bit thinking about what you said, maybe it is skill that makes a gun, and like the G-mal nerf now it takes a little more skill to use the semi auto. I could go on about how I didn't mentioned dancing shivs being nerfed (even though it's annoying), so without further ado, you win. Just don't bump or double post ok?
Message 184 of 210 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2013

Thanks for listening Quin. Btw I post here on my ps3 because I dont have a computer. My ps3 for some strange reason only lets me post a certain amount in one post so when I need to say more then Im forced to double post. Dont you think that we get frustrated sometimes like you? I understand where you are coming from but asking for nerfs is not the answer. The answer is finding strategies to combat and reduce you getting killed by said weapon. If you need help and advice against certain weapons Im sure this community would be more than happy to help. My advice is create a topic called "The Problems and Solutions Thread". Where people who have difficulty in handling a certain weapon or strategy can tell the community their problem then the community can give solutions to those problems. Anyway hope my advice helps and take care Smiley Happy

Message 185 of 210 (305 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1051 posts

Sep 29, 2013

The issue of reducing SAR magazine, I had mentioned and almost everyone agree, in that at first had a magazine too large, and as, the issue of accuracy (NOT NOTE) only slightly in the first level.

Message 186 of 210 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Sep 29, 2013

Alsborg91 wrote:

The issue of reducing SAR magazine, I had mentioned and almost everyone agree, in that at first had a magazine too large, and as, the issue of accuracy (NOT NOTE) only slightly in the first level.

Not everyone agreed that the clip size was too large so can you stop over exaggerating please. Some people said that the clip size was too big. ND could reduce it if they wanted to because the clip size really didn't make that much of a difference. This isn't COD or BF3 where you have run and gun and thats where clip size matters, but in this game it doesn't make that much of a diffference because players can't waste ammo like in other games. 

Also, accuracy was not really a complain by SAR whiners, they complained more about its ROF and the fact that it didn't feel like it needed to be upgraded, which is dumb because no weapon needs to be upgraded its a choice like armor or purchasable weapon. 

Message 187 of 210 (226 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
3959 posts

Sep 29, 2013
Why is this still going?
Message 188 of 210 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Oct 4, 2013
ARMOR
It needs a balance.

Maybe more noise made when climbing of barriers and windows, this reduction is mostly for the cause of the people trying ambush with armor.

Possibly one of the hardest things to beat is a guy with armor flanking everyone.
Message 189 of 210 (134 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 4, 2013

Not happy with the nerf on the SAR ND. It was the only hope for beginners amidst experts. Hope you wont touch the Revolver.

Message 190 of 210 (383 Views)
0 Likes