Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Re: Live Update- Weapons Balancing

Sep 22, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Not that many comments on the weapon balance along with not much activity on the forum....

Maybe all those posts about GTA5 hurting the interest in the TLOU MP weren't just hot air.

Wait until October 1st. GTA 5's MP doesn't launch until that day.

Thing is people will go with each change they disagree with. The fact that unlike before people actually have somewhere to go wont help them.

Also lets face reality if the SAR is an issue with overuse, Nerfing it will just make those people move games. If it's as widespread as much as people cry about then this nerf will KILL TLOU.

One thing I've discovered over Uncharted 3, Call of Duty, Saints Row 2 and multiple other games is that if you nerf people's weapons and playstyles it pushes them away. Community users simply do not think of the implications.

It's okay they will all be whining about something else in a few weeks. That's how these things work.

I'm promising you it's either switching back to molo or bow complaints next.

Message 91 of 210 (485 Views)
Gaming Beast
1513 posts

Sep 22, 2013
Well said and well thought out post above.
I shoot you first, I die= you lag. Vice versa not applicable.
Message 92 of 210 (429 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Sep 22, 2013

Not sure if this has been brought up before (too lazy to initiate a search and here seems like a good place rather than a completely separate thread), but has the Burst Rifle always downed and executed with a single headshot burst? If so can someone give me a little explanation as to why? It seems a little odd it should do that. Admittedly it's not really a problem as the chance to get all shots to land is difficult in MP, but it has happened.

Message 93 of 210 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6977 posts

Sep 22, 2013

LordMuha wrote:

Not sure if this has been brought up before (too lazy to initiate a search and here seems like a good place rather than a completely separate thread), but has the Burst Rifle always downed and executed with a single headshot burst? If so can someone give me a little explanation as to why? It seems a little odd it should do that. Admittedly it's not really a problem as the chance to get all shots to land is difficult in MP, but it has happened.

yes it has, with the burst, a headshot does 3x the damage, therefore it only takes 2 headshots from the burst to down, and since a headshot instantly executes a downed opponent the 3rd bullet from the burst finishes the job.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 94 of 210 (414 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Sep 22, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

LordMuha wrote:

yes it has, with the burst, a headshot does 3x the damage, therefore it only takes 2 headshots from the burst to down, and since a headshot instantly executes a downed opponent the 3rd bullet from the burst finishes the job.

And I'm assuming that's intentional? I suppose it essentially makes it a close range Hunting Rifle, where the inaccuracy and recoil make it a little more difficult to land hits. Also, what exactly is the problem with BR and armour? I've used the gun once and that was in a Custom to test headshots.

Message 95 of 210 (410 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Sep 22, 2013

INCANGENERAL wrote:

People who complain on OP SAR are players who arent that good.

Smiley Indifferent

Message 96 of 210 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20303 posts

Sep 22, 2013

LordMuha wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

LordMuha wrote:

And I'm assuming that's intentional? I suppose it essentially makes it a close range Hunting Rifle, where the inaccuracy and recoil make it a little more difficult to land hits. Also, what exactly is the problem with BR and armour? I've used the gun once and that was in a Custom to test headshots.

Given that the Burst Rifle doesn't have the best accuracy or range of any of the other loadout weapons, I'd say it is intentional. You're being rewarded for getting semi-close range headshots with a very innaccurate and (maybe) weak weapon.

No other weapon gets such a huge damage increase towards headshots (albeit the 9MM is up there as well), but it's balanced out by not being practical in quite a couple scenarios.

Spoiler
That's not to say that I don't think the Burst Rifle isn't the best long gun in the loadout weapons. I personally think it is, but I use it all the time and always do well with it.

Message 97 of 210 (372 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4075 posts

Sep 22, 2013
I really haven't noticed a difference (other than less ammo) with the SAR. I only use it in about 25%of my.matches, so maybe I'm not the best judge. It seems as deadly at all ranges as ever. My main concern is that people hear "nerf" and run away to other games, not other guns.

Real nerfs DO kill games. Crysis 3 is a prime example. Crytek needed the recoil and burst fire of the Scar mod 2 and that game died in about a week. But to be fair it was already on life support Smiley Sad
Message 98 of 210 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4075 posts

Sep 22, 2013
*nerfed the recoil and burst fire*
Message 99 of 210 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
I really haven't noticed a difference (other than less ammo) with the SAR. I only use it in about 25%of my.matches, so maybe I'm not the best judge. It seems as deadly at all ranges as ever. My main concern is that people hear "nerf" and run away to other games, not other guns.

Real nerfs DO kill games. Crysis 3 is a prime example. Crytek needed the recoil and burst fire of the Scar mod 2 and that game died in about a week. But to be fair it was already on life support Smiley Sad

Yeah i'm running because ND have now shown me the intent they have.

If more people cry nerf for the SAR it will receive more nerfs. It will become the FAL-SS of TLOU.

I'm not supporting this MP... It's apparent ND support a minority of clueless people who cannot learn to adapt to a games strengths and core weaknesses.

SAR User? Don't engage, use stealth, use a weapon that matches or is better than it at the ranges you intend to do battle at...

It wasn't ever rocket science it was just people are generally too dumb to work a gameplan into how they play a game, As much as I love COD. this is the COD playstyle. You don't need to think. Everyone now wants a game where thinking is void.

I bet some of them aren't even COD players... Because that game gives everyone an equal chance. the nerf brigade often want a game thats entirely centered around how they play and no one else. Still though, same idea except they are worse than the COD player, the COD player will still have to learn some things while the nerf brigade will have everything nerfed until they win.

Message 100 of 210 (319 Views)