Re: Live Update- Weapons Balancing

Sep 18, 2013

Message 41 of 210 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

Sep 18, 2013
Glad to see how subtle the changes are. I can't wait to try this out, but it appears that things were improved without going too far in either direction.
Message 42 of 210 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Sep 18, 2013
Laughable. This MP's done until the DLC is released. Awful planning, marketing, and execution by NDI once again. They have a history of making very curious choices with their post-retail-release-development of their MPs. Absolute comedy to watch this trainwreck! Studio split for such a small company was about as ill-advised as you can get. Should have been "all hands on deck" for this title and this patch, the Season-rip-off pass, and previous patches to have had this done back in the first month of release.
Message 43 of 210 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Sep 18, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:
Accuracy on the semi-auto was not the thing to nerf. Listen to your intelligent customer. Oh wait, you banned half of them.

Haha! However the SAR was the closest thing to OP on this game. Burst rifle the next most common primary?

>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 44 of 210 (296 Views)
Sackboy
470 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2013

VironZZ wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:
Accuracy on the semi-auto was not the thing to nerf. Listen to your intelligent customer. Oh wait, you banned half of them.

Haha! However the SAR was the closest thing to OP on this game. Burst rifle the next most common primary?

Would think the second most used weapon is the Hunting Rifle ? Hell even i started using it, pretty much the first time i tried to play as a sniper in any game i played. Smiley Tongue

The Bow user base might be close to it tho, but i really rarely encounter burst rifles.

Message 45 of 210 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Sep 18, 2013
The update still isn't live in Europe. Smiley Sad
Message 46 of 210 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1513 posts

Sep 18, 2013

Honestly, I think this was the completely wrong way to go about balancing this game.

The hunting rifle buff, was darn near perfect and the adjustments instantly caused many players I know to now fully incorporate it into their load outs.

I have nearly instantly noticed the accuracy with the sar dropping.

Bullets now missing targets at medium range where the gun is suppose to fit right in.

I really don't understand why ND took this route, especially with their history in ruining guns for their multi players.

The hunting rifle should excel at very long range, which it does.

If your running around the map trying to quick scope players at close range and your losing to the sar, whose fault is that?

The buff to the hunting rifle brought it from long range to slightly closer to medium range field with the last buff, which seems to really make it a weapon that suits more than just a special purpose.

I'm fine with that.

The sar did exactly what it should do as a semi auto rifle, do any of you guys actually play games other than ND games to see how other games balance weapons?

Nerfing a gun isn't a solution to other guns not fitting their roles correctly!

The burst rifle should be the main choice on closer combat maps, but its really not.

Why choose the burst rifle when the sar is clearly better.

Because the burst rifle is NOT doin its job as a close quarter weapon.

I really worry about the future of ND games when it comes to multi players they just dont have it figured out.

You don't balance guns and game play by implementing things just to make them frustrating to use.

You guys on here and you every things op mentality is unbelievable.

Many whined and cried about explosive expert being tooo OP!

YOU don't even know if some one is wearing it!

It wasn't explosive expert, its the AMOUNT of mollies the other team has! Not a booster.

That booster just makes them more effective not give you more of them.

I swear some people don't even think, or just are completely blinded by their rage\hate towards other players play styles that they want every thing useless unless they are currently using it.

I still get killed constantly from moltovs that aren't even remotely near me, or end up dodging players with 2-3 mollies in a clip. Yet everyone whined it was explosive expert?

Explosive expert means nothing when they throw three mollies at you!

Why don't some of you also try this, go to a custom match let your friends kill you 5 or s6 times and have them buy armor.

Then throw a NON explosive expert mollie at one of them. Watch how your mollie now removes their armor and downs them.

Have another friend throw a mollie at you wearing armor, while your running a negative score. See some thing odd?

Seems the welfare system is there a bit more than we imagined.

I have moved to using a revolver only load out with purchaseables or more better boosters and am pulling scores higher than just using the sar.

I said this would happen and you will see more players doing it as they realize how good this is.

I have a 3.5 kdr with 300ppm stats on my main acct. I don't quit, don't boost, and don't always play with full parties of even better than average players.

99% of my deaths are always from molotovs, not the sar, not the hunting rifle, not the burst rifle, not anything else.

This number, YES is from me actually keeping track of my own deaths and what killed me.

I always die from a mollie from a player that is running a bad score, it always takes my armor off and executes me.

Now a player doing really good on the other team? I take those hits and get away.

Some thing else is going on with the mollies.

I shoot you first, I die= you lag. Vice versa not applicable.
Message 47 of 210 (289 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1513 posts

Sep 18, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:

Kudos to you munnsy for speaking the truth here.

Message 48 of 210 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4780 posts

Sep 18, 2013

smugglin_yoyos wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:

Kudos to you munnsy for speaking the truth here.

Let's play then judge.

tlousig2
Message 49 of 210 (266 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1513 posts

Sep 18, 2013
Have played. Have played a lot.
Message 50 of 210 (436 Views)
0 Likes