Gaming Beast
1513 posts

Re: Live Update- Weapons Balancing

Sep 19, 2013
Say what you about my statement.

Since i have 50 one time use boosters for small fire arms i have been running revolver only load outs.
Coupled with crafter3 or a diablo this destroys any sar.
Since the HR update its probably my most used gun.
Picked up the sar before the update and see that it isnt the god gun every one makes it out to be.

I dont see the point in nerfing a gun which does what it should.
Sar most likely beats the burst rifle in cqc, but is that the sar being over powered or the burst rifle not doing its job.
I shoot you first, I die= you lag. Vice versa not applicable.
Message 71 of 210 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Sep 19, 2013
Wow, so much for slight nerfs on the SAR.

You guys went overboard with the clipsize nerf.
Message 72 of 210 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1513 posts

Sep 19, 2013
Nerfs are NEVER sublte with ND.
They do buffs quite well though.
I shoot you first, I die= you lag. Vice versa not applicable.
Message 73 of 210 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Sep 19, 2013

khknight wrote:
Wow, so much for slight nerfs on the SAR.

You guys went overboard with the clipsize nerf.

Sarcasmo, Javier?

Two bullets is hardly overboard.

Message 74 of 210 (406 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1174 posts

Sep 19, 2013
They got 4 choices.
1. Nerf the SAR
2. Buff the Burst
3. Increase Loadout points of SAR
4. Decrease Loadout points of Burst.
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 75 of 210 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Sep 19, 2013

If anything the lower accuracy and clip side of the new SAR will enc. people to stop shooting so willy-nilly with it

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 76 of 210 (390 Views)
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Sep 19, 2013

It's silly, but there was one thing I always hated about SAR. You start with 7 bullets in a 10 bullet clip. No other weapon does this. You usually start with a full clip and some extra ammo. Nerfing the clipsize to 8 isn't as much of a big deal to me, because now I don't have the constant feeling of having low ammo with SAR. It will also reduce the number of people who only invested in the ammo and kept spamming it all over the place. As for the accuracy nerf. I don't see any difference. My shots hit perfectly even on very long ranges. Perhaps it's more noticable when I'm shooting while moving, but I try to avoid doing that if possible, so I can't compare the differences there.

Shorty got a nice rate of fire buff after all, but it's still slow enough for machete to land the fatal second attack before Shorty can shoot it's second shot. Well done ND, well done indeed.

BR ammo price drop is kinda...I dunno, I really think this was unnecessary. I don't use BR often, but whenever I used it, the ammo, clip size and ammo price were right on the spot.

Still, I mainly use Revolver and Bow so unless you nerf those, I'm happy. I'm very glad for the flamethrower buff though. 

Keep up the good work ND. Smiley Happy

Message 77 of 210 (381 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Sep 19, 2013
No, members claiming a difference when no update had been made is not the same thing. One is plain moronic ignorance. And it isn't the update.

Timewarnersux: nope. Haven't. Guess I better avoid it.
Message 78 of 210 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 19, 2013

Finally got around to playing since the update today, and I gotta say the new SAR is nice. The clip size change was definitely irrelevant, especially in my case as I always upgrade my primary weapon before I do anything. However the accuracy reduction was where I noticed the major difference, no more of this run 'n gun feel to the SAR, as the accuracy feels outright attrocious that way. Long range accuracy wise, you can still make it work, but it is definitely not as easy as it was and I wouldn't try to take on a HR user from long distance as he'd have an edge on me for sure.

Overall, I like it. Be very careful with any further nerfs ND. This was great. The game feels like it has that extra cut of balance this go around, so I guess I get to eat my words.

Message 79 of 210 (266 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Sep 20, 2013

Scoot so I take it the rumors are true and you did get banned. Care to tell us what happened?

Shiny_Pony_ wrote:
No, members claiming a difference when no update had been made is not the same thing. One is plain moronic ignorance. And it isn't the update.

Timewarnersux: nope. Haven't. Guess I better avoid it.

Message 80 of 210 (458 Views)
0 Likes