Fender Bender
2562 posts

Re: Live Update to Multiplayer

Sep 11, 2013

CyVirus wrote:
I've realized that the people that don't want the SAR to are the people who use it, and the ones that want it to be adjusted are the people who don't use it.

Not nessicarily, most of these people are uncharted vets who would rather ND not touch a game that they got very right in the first place. I don't use the SAR too often, I much prefer the bow and the BR as I find them much more effective. For some reason, this"all around monster" that everyone is complaining about has not destroyed me as often as it seems to destroy everyone else. Sure I have bad games but a nerf to the SAR has never crossed my mind as a way to fix that, I'd rather just adapt.

With that said though, I do hope I can say that I was wrong and that a SAR nerf balanced the game for the better. Time will tell.

Message 121 of 135 (449 Views)
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Sep 11, 2013
The SAR can be nerfed but only slightly and it would have to be something non kill speed/accuracy related.
Message 122 of 135 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
464 posts

Sep 11, 2013
The thing with SAR is it doesnt limit your playstyle. With HR you have to keep mid-long range distance between opponents, burst rifle you want to get close range (and even against SAR it can be difficult unless you get headshot).

In mid range SAR (which is what majority of the game combat is and why it feels OP) is best weapon in game, 2nd best close range (only inferior to BR) and 2nd best at long range (only inferior to HR).

Also lack of need to upgrade it this weapon compared to other weapons makes it best gun in the game (not to mentioned armour really brings down weapons like HR and BR).

---

Problem with SAR is revovler. If you nerf recoil/accuracy/rof then it will make revovler in a sense possibly a better option since its exact same 3 shots to down or 2 with headshot.

Only thing I suggest is nerf down semi auto clip size to 6. Right now its almost double! Look at base form of burst rifle, if you miss one burst then you HAVE to reload.

Also unlike other guns, SAR doesnt need to be upgraded.
My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/swiftydragon/videos - Last of us tips, and gameplay with commentary.
Message 123 of 135 (364 Views)
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

Sep 13, 2013

Yeah Swish accused me of being Scoots alt account even though my A-Crap-Player psn id is on playstation plus membership and my profile is black which tells you I have a ps vita linked to my A-Crap-Player psn id. Since when do alt accounts spend money on playstation plus memberships and ps vitas? Swish is making himself look bad by keeping on accusing anyone who agrees with Sand dude or Scoot as being their alts.

Message 124 of 135 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Sep 13, 2013
Burst rifle takes 2 body shot bursts to down, leaving you with 1 burst left to kill if you want to shoot execute. SAR takes 3 body shots to down, 2 more body shots to execute leaving you with 2 bullets left. Unless you have killed people and picked up ammo, hot a box for ammo, or bout ammo... The remaining two bullets aren't enough to get another kill.
Reducing bullet strength is nonsense as a free sidearm would be better with pistol zoom if that happened.
If we're talking about upgrades, you really shouldn't have to upgrade ANY primary more than once, unless you plan on crafting no other weapons and have no purchasable.
SAR is simply a versatile weapon. It doesn't out gun the other weapons when the other weapons are used for their strengths.
Message 125 of 135 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2220 posts

Sep 13, 2013
I'm loving the new Flamethrower now this update on it just made it more how should I say...FUN x)
but there are some topics that I want to address that my friend, INCANGENERAL, mentioned. For instance, when there is an enemy teammate reviving the one that is down that in which I CLEARLY want to hit the guy with my upgraded melee 2x4 that isn't down cause that just makes sense doesn't it? so please fix that. Also, 13 loadout points...c'mon that is such a weird number especially for how much certain items cost. at least AT LEAST 15 would be more adequate. Another problem with the upgraded 2x4 that I'm pretty sure many other players have experienced is on the stairs anywhere. Say one guy has the higher advantage and the other guy is beneath. Why can't the guy that is beneath grab him by the ankle/leg to down him and then perform S.E.? if you could fix that, that would be nice.
And lastly, just for fun for EVERYONE out there you developers should add one more purchaseable weapon. and what weapon could be so fun for everyone you ask?..........how about a CHAINSAW hmm? please if you would get back to me thanks.

P.S: WHERE IS THIS SO CALLED "DLC" THAT YOU GUYS PROMISED US AT THE END OF AUGUST HUH?!
Thank you for making an awesome game kudos.

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 126 of 135 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1174 posts

Sep 13, 2013

L_A_White_Boy wrote:
And lastly, just for fun for EVERYONE out there you developers should add one more purchaseable weapon. and what weapon could be so fun for everyone you ask?..........how about a CHAINSAW

It would have to work like a shiv but can be used from any part of the body, and it would need to be modded before it could be used. (For each swing it takes away some electrical ammo.) and seeing the obvious high usefulness for the chainsaw, it would need to be 5 points.

Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 127 of 135 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
728 posts

Sep 14, 2013
The SAR is fine. It does what it's supposed to; A weapon for every scenario. Any weapon that is specialized beats it at their game if both players are equally skilled.

Message 128 of 135 (146 Views)
Fender Bender
3313 posts

Sep 16, 2013
The SAR is the M9 of the Last of Us, it needs a nerf as much as The M9 does (than again a buff to all weapons would be welcomed too).
Message 129 of 135 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
290 posts

Sep 16, 2013

Quinzen8 wrote:
The SAR is the M9 of the Last of Us, it needs a nerf as much as The M9 does (than again a buff to all weapons would be welcomed too).

The M9 didn't ever need a nerf.

It just needed the RoF mod removed as an option.

Message 130 of 135 (230 Views)