Re: Live update to Matchmaking Round 2

Sep 14, 2013
No laggy matches for me. Thank ND Smiley Happy
Message 41 of 61 (554 Views)
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Sep 14, 2013

Things have been much better today, maybe the issue last night was that we were playing into the early morning. No brainer really. My connection has also been acting up lately, need to call charter and give them hell again Smiley LOL

Thanks again ND.

Message 42 of 61 (535 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
36 posts

Sep 15, 2013

I'm sad to say that tonight was by far the worst for ping bars, never more than 2 in over 2hrs of play. It's never been as bad as this. In one game 3 of the enemy quit even though they where comfortably winning.

Sorry!

Oh yeah, DLC; I know that you wanted to take the time to get it right but I think the time was right this weekend. Personally this game is going to get relegated post next Tuesday, you guys have taken to long and imo have missed a golden opportunity.

Message 43 of 61 (497 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5080 posts

Sep 15, 2013

For those experiencing lag.

This is purely theory based but it could be either:

- Your internet connection, make sure you run a speed test and see your average speed and ping is.

- Low player pool (I can't access this so I don't know how many people are playing exactly)

There are more things at play but I'll do these 2 points first.

With internet connection. If you are facing laggy people most of the time, you might want to check that it's actually the game first and not yourself. Run a speedtest on http://www.speedtest.net/, preferably pick a server closest to the US or EU as most of the matches you encounter will come from there.
You want at least 1mb upload and download. Any faster and you got it. Check your ping too (displayed in ms)

Low player pool, basically with a low player pool you will encounter the same people over and over. Not only that you will also encounter some severe lag. There is nothing that ND can do unless they try offer incentives for people to play such as DLC or patch updates etc.

Message 44 of 61 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3959 posts

Sep 15, 2013
It's still better than it has been for me. I only see late joining players having 1-2 bars. Most times it's 4-5.

So far so good.
Message 45 of 61 (461 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Sep 15, 2013

Thanks for this ND, keep it up

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 46 of 61 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5388 posts

Sep 15, 2013

Only ever come across a few laggy players in the few months that this game has been out. Since the LiveUpdate, only seen one slightly laggy player, but he was on my team, so meh.

Message 47 of 61 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Sep 16, 2013
first - thank you

secondly - I'm absolutely astounded it took this long

I played some matches last night for the first time in a LONG time, and they were much better than previous experiences. That said, who in the sam heck thought hosts 200+ ms away was a good idea in the first place!?

what was the old cap... 1500ms?

I'm in Northern Ontario, and I can ping servers at the tip of Florida at ~ 80ms. Surely the player pool in this area must be large enough to continually host quality games

major tragic you don't believe in region locking OR letting consumers have a quality gaming experience from the get go

forgive me if I'm not singing your praises for a patch like this so long after release
Message 48 of 61 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Sep 16, 2013

Is the update over by now? I still riun into laggy asians, south americans and people from KSA.

0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Sep 16, 2013

Is the update going to fix matching and lag? Plus the guns not working in every game  and stats not always showing the parts and kills and deaths and the almost empty boxes you open in some games? If it is I would try and play it again.

Message 50 of 61 (228 Views)
0 Likes