Jun 16 2013
By: TomWolfQ First Son 23 posts

LoU Multiplayer bug player freezing for no reason

66 replies 3541 views Edited Jun 16, 2013
So I m running around playing a mp match and the character freezes. I can still move the camera around but no other commands work. Can still push start and use the stick to navigate score screen so its not the controller. Character stays frozen for 10 seconds or more sometimes for longer. And then I can walk around again. Its not lag. Its a freezing of the gamee and inputs. Its the worst when hunters are attacking and your on a mission and your whole survivor count gets wiped out because the consequenes for failing is a 100% wipe out of the survivors you ve spent 8 weeks in game collecting and you gotta start your faction count over. Please fix this bug. I lost my 78 survivors and two days of grinding. Almost had the skull face cover.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 67 (3,541 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Re: LoU Multiplayer bug player freezing for no reason

Jun 16, 2013

this is happening to me as well. can't say if its limited to certain maps but i've noticed it a lot on university

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 67 (3,484 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 16, 2013
Me too, only for about 5 seconds but it makes the game difficult to play and sometimes it happens every minute or so...
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 67 (3,446 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1683 posts

Jun 16, 2013
I saw elsewhere Evan said it was lost packets.

But my connection still manages to keep my friend, and enemy working fine leading to my death and the sense of being cheated into a death.

Surely if there was a disconnect then the enemy would freeze as my connection would lose?

Doesn't make sense for me to freeze and every one else being able to take advantage.

I'd rather be kicked than to have to sit and play through a game where I freeze for minutes at a time when close to enemies.
Killzone 2 userbar
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 67 (3,436 Views)
First Son
23 posts

Jun 16, 2013
Both glad and sad I m not the only one. Hope this is fixed soon.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 67 (3,423 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Jun 16, 2013

@CloudBurst

Same problem. How many Mbps does your internet get?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 67 (3,396 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jun 16, 2013
5953 kbps download and 594 kpbs upload according to onesource. Gonna use the psn test to see what thats getting.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 67 (3,390 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Jun 18, 2013

I get this way too often. I can't even play the game online so all of my survivors are dying off because I can't finish matches.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 67 (3,191 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2343 posts

Jun 18, 2013

You guys should all post your connection speeds so that the thread is more informative.

The character freezing issue is, I'm guessing, an anti cheat measure designed so that the player cannot take advantage of a lagged connection, but it's obviously extremely strict/touchy this time around.

My connection is a 4mb down and 1 mb up according to my phones speed test app, and my ps3 is wired directly to my modem.

Also, I should note that as of today I have not experienced any freezing whatsoever, when it was extremely bad over the weekend(when I was the only one using my connection). What hell. :smileyfrustrated: But I still feel for you guys.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 67 (3,186 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 23, 2013
Yeah it's happened to me too, only on university though and it would happen a few times between 10-15 seconds apart. Be good if someone could fix this.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 67 (2,931 Views)
0 Likes