Aug 20 2013
By: Bizzerker_Bauer Uncharted Territory 1528 posts

Loadout Choice Timer

13 replies 300 views Edited Aug 20, 2013

Can we get some type of adjustment to the way this works?  I'd like to be able to change loadouts once I've selected one, in case I change my mind at some point during the vast load time.  Also, why do we get a few seconds to choose a loadout, then a few seconds to choose a one use booster, then unlimited time looking at random pictures while the game says it's loading?  Is there any way this could be changed to simply allow you to switch up your choices at any time during the load screen?

Message 1 of 14 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16352 posts

Re: Loadout Choice Timer

Aug 20, 2013
The load is synching all the choices and data across eight players. Uncharted games were the same.
Message 2 of 14 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1528 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 21, 2013

scootgar wrote:
The load is synching all the choices and data across eight players. Uncharted games were the same.

I'm not sure how this can possibly take so long when, in most games, you don't even choose your loadout until AFTER loading is completed and the timer is counting down to the start of the game.  I'm also pretty sure that in CoD (as much as I loath it), you're able to change loadouts during the first few seconds of the game.  It'd be really nice if you at least had the ability to switch things up BEFORE THE GAME EVEN STARTED, rather than having something like an 8 second window and then spend a minute or so.

Message 3 of 14 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2801 posts

Aug 21, 2013
I agree, they should have at least given you 20 seconds to change your load out after voting like ND's last 2 games.
Message 4 of 14 (274 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1571 posts

Aug 21, 2013

If it is a technical reason could they atleast give us the option to switch our current loadout in the "gear up" menu?

Message 5 of 14 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Aug 21, 2013

If at anytime you think you would like a different loadout, press start and select a new loadout. It will be applied the next time you respawn. 

sig photo PizSig_zpsfd246efd.png
Message 6 of 14 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Aug 21, 2013

I have to admit, I am confused.  Ten seconds is not long enough to decide what loadout you want to use?  There are only four to select from (as far as custom loadouts are concerned, and if you aren't using those after the first few in-game weeks of play, you're even worse at this game than me).

As Pizentu said, you can always change your loadout for the next time you spawn.  Why should you be allowed to select a loadout twice before the game starts?  Once is enough lol.

Message 7 of 14 (229 Views)
Sackboy
460 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 21, 2013

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:

Can we get some type of adjustment to the way this works?  I'd like to be able to change loadouts once I've selected one, in case I change my mind at some point during the vast load time.  Also, why do we get a few seconds to choose a loadout, then a few seconds to choose a one use booster, then unlimited time looking at random pictures while the game says it's loading?  Is there any way this could be changed to simply allow you to switch up your choices at any time during the load screen?

while i dont mind the way it is now id like one thing added.

in survivors (i pretty much only play survivors) you cant change your loadout once the scoreboard goes up after each round.

it might be a minor issue but is a bit irritating if the round ends prematurely/you didnt think it would end so soon or the outcome of it is different to what youd expect (aka last one kills the whole team) and youd like to change to a loadout that better suits the current situation of a match.

the scoreboard is displayed for quite a few seconds anyway, why not add timer to it (3-5sec) and allow people to change their loadout then?

Message 8 of 14 (219 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1528 posts

Aug 21, 2013

Pizentu_DeWind wrote:

If at anytime you think you would like a different loadout, press start and select a new loadout. It will be applied the next time you respawn. 

Yes.  When you respawn.  So have a few minutes of searching for a match, then later about a minute loading the game, with a window of a few seconds in between to choose your loadout.  It's extremely easy to miss this window if you're gone doing something, and once a match starts the match can easily be half over before I get a chance to change classes.  And it happens all the time if, say, you forgot you had a challenge for healing or downs with a certain weapon, or if you forgot you wanted to try a new class.  Personally, I start the game with Revolver/Semi Auto/Crafter 3/First Aid 3 to get the extra parts at the start, then at my first death change to my Military Sniper loadout and use the parts to buy ammo.  It's really easy to forget that, by default, it will start me with my MS class, since it's the last one I was using.  And seeing as how there's plenty of extra time before the match starts, I'm not sure why you're restricted to a 10 second window to choose your loadout.

Message 9 of 14 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Aug 22, 2013

Nerf Loading time. 

sig photo PizSig_zpsfd246efd.png
Message 10 of 14 (163 Views)
0 Likes