Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
1753 posts

Re: Love MP still, but fully automatic weapons were a mistake

May 13, 2014
^If your anticipating them to pop out of cover to shoot you, you have to counter it by staying in cover yourself. Unless your opponet is truly a master with the FAR, that range difference should be all you need to counter it.

This is sorta like how the Bow is crap at close range, you learn that critical flaw, and you'll
Win almost any fight against an incompetent user. Same with the BR and etc. find it's flaw and use it against it. The Base FAR and SAR eat up bullets, and only have 1 clip to fall back on.
Message 11 of 20 (281 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
943 posts

May 14, 2014

RyokuSonic wrote:
First off, the fully auto rifle isn't as skill-less as the semi-auto.
Second off, I've never seen a BR user down me when I land a headshot on him while shooting

you must run into some really stupid BR users...I Own almost every FAR chump with my handy dandy Burst Rigle.

FAR has Nuthing On Burst Rigle.

An Anti-Social Grump Who Does Not Put Up With Other People's Crap.
Message 12 of 20 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4401 posts

May 14, 2014
I find it funny people on here saying any long gun that requires aim lacks skill.
Message 13 of 20 (234 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5878 posts

May 14, 2014

All guns require skill to aim and use effectively. I've seen players miss an entire clip on enemies and only hit them 0-1 times with every single gun in this game.

Seen people spam all 4 shots of a MS and hit nothing, seen people fail with the shotgun, seen people use the flamethrower horribly, seen people not hit a single thing with the HR, seen people miss like crazy with the pistols burst and SAR, I've seen some BAD players with all weapons in this game.

Inversely I've seen beastly people with nearly every gun pull off amazing scores. To say this gun requires skill and this one doesn't is silly, as none of them are really pick-up and win at all.

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 14 of 20 (229 Views)
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Considering the idiot pool has increased, I'm inclined to agree.

May 14, 2014

The Last Of Us' DLC 2 called upon all Call Of Duty players in the world. But my brust rigle.

"There is the moral of all human tales;
‘Tis but the same rehearsal of the past,
First freedom, and then glory — when that fails,
Wealth, vice, corruption — barbarism at last."
Message 15 of 20 (206 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5878 posts

Re: Considering the idiot pool has increased, I'm inclined to agree.

May 14, 2014

^

how did a SP only DLC call upon CoD players?

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 16 of 20 (172 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1292 posts

Re: Considering the idiot pool has increased, I'm inclined to agree.

May 14, 2014

sanddude20 wrote:

^

how did a SP only DLC call upon CoD players?

This is also the same guy who posted armor should be given to the players that are doing well kill/death wise instead of a part system...Just like call of duty.... :smileysurprised:

Message 17 of 20 (159 Views)
Wastelander
672 posts

May 24, 2014
Maybe I just suck with it but I've NEVER had as much success with the FAR as Ive had with the HR and Burst Rigle or even the Bow, to be honest I don't think it'd be so FAR'fetched to say the it's the worst long arm to choose,
Message 18 of 20 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16259 posts

May 25, 2014

ThePhenomxx wrote:

RyokuSonic wrote:
First off, the fully auto rifle isn't as skill-less as the semi-auto.
Second off, I've never seen a BR user down me when I land a headshot on him while shooting

you must run into some really stupid BR users...I Own almost every FAR chump with my handy dandy Burst Rigle.

FAR has Nuthing On Burst Rigle.

Oh, look, another: "it happens this way to me, so it should to you" post.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 19 of 20 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
437 posts

May 25, 2014

Fully automatic weapons existed before the patch anyway. You must never have heard about the assault rifle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBcWPc6U5nM
Message 20 of 20 (63 Views)