Sackboy
460 posts

Re: MP Freeze/Crash Report

Jan 3, 2014

ill just go ahead and write about all of the freezes if thats ok.

1. What were you doing when the freeze/crash occurred (loading into a match or specific action in game)?

both. just after the loading screen disappeard (black screen, sometimes with the game mode specific HUD, sometimes without), right after im down/i down someone or just random times during the match (crouching behind cover, opening the supply box etc.)

2. What playlist were you in or loading into?

DLC

3. What map were you in or loading into?

pretty much every map. obviously DLC maps were more frequent due to DLC playlist.

4. Did you late join the match or not?

both.

5. Were you in a party? If so, how many people in the party and were you the party lead or not?

both in a party and solo. party of 2/3/4. im not leading usually.

6. How long were you playing MP before you crashed or about how many matches did you play?

sometimes it happened after quite a few matches, sometimes the very first match that day.

7. What playlist and game did you play just before the crash?

DLC. either interrogation or survivors.

8. What’s the model of your PS3?

slim 160gb.

9. What region are you playing the game in? Please list the BLUS number on the spine of your disc case if possible.

EU. bought the game digitally.

10. Are you playing over WiFi or hard-wired connection?

cable.

also, cant be sure but i believe it happens more often/always when someone dies/gets downed. obviously ive experienced freezes at random times during the matches as well but maybe someone just died in the game when it happened?

ps. had no freezes on .092 Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 272 (704 Views)
I Only Post Everything
817 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2014

1. What were you doing when the freeze/crash occurred (loading into a match or specific action in game)?

loading a match

Supply Raid DLC

Bus Depot

no

5. Were you in a party? If so, how many people in the party and were you the party lead or not?

no

6. How long were you playing MP before you crashed or about how many matches did you play?

about an hour or about 4 matches

Supply Raid DLC

Slim 80 GB 

9. What region are you playing the game in? Please list the BLUS number on the spine of your disc case if possible.

Los Angeles

Wired

Apparently the world of scarcity does not apply to all the moronic posters on this forum.
Message 12 of 272 (703 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3414 posts

Jan 3, 2014
Was playing no parties , supply raid ,Wired connection just killed 3 people and then it froze . Ny ps3160gb slim 2 year old ps3
Message 13 of 272 (702 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2014

I have been playing ever since release and have experienced probably hundreds of freezes. Sometimes 3-4 times in a 5 hour period. 90% of the time it happens when joining a game. I think a lot of it has to do with the host player quitting/hard quitting. Other times I am not sure if it is the host player or not, but if you kill a player that gets disconnected, the game will essentially stop, you can move around, but you cant shoot or anything, then it will freeze most of the time. And when I notice this happen it freezes for the my whole party, not just me. Anyways..

1: Joining

2: Any

3: Any

4: No

5: Yes, 3 people usually, seems to happen more when in a party.

6: Sometimes it is the first match, sometimes it is after 2-3 hours.

7: Any/Supply Raid

8: Have an older 2010 slim and a newer 2013 slim

9: USA Digital Download 10: Wired

Message 14 of 272 (674 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
621 posts

Jan 3, 2014

This is all extremely helpful information. can anyone else supply some details on their freezes? Thanks.

Message 15 of 272 (637 Views)
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Jan 3, 2014

Great thread. 

I would be extrememly greatful if someone from Naughty Dog would launch a similar thread to address the single player bugs that still affect the game's playability.  The "technical questions" section of this forum seems to get no love from the devs. 

That is all.  Carry on Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 272 (623 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1513 posts

Jan 3, 2014
All modes.
East Coast U.S
Slim model 500 gb
Digital copy of game
Wired Nat 1 50 mb down 30 up
Party doesent matter.

One very very strange thing is that when this happens it always happens to a friend in the party as well.
I have to actually unplug my ps3 because it wont shut off.

P.s see my current thread. It would be nice if you or some one from your staff would actually answer.
I shoot you first, I die= you lag. Vice versa not applicable.
Message 17 of 272 (620 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
817 posts

Jan 4, 2014

Happened twice tonight.  Last one:

About to shoot someone from behind that was at a supply box

Supply Raid DLC

Bookstore

Late join

No party

About hour and half

Supply Raid DLC

Slim

Los Angeles

Wired

Apparently the world of scarcity does not apply to all the moronic posters on this forum.
Message 18 of 272 (588 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3414 posts

Jan 4, 2014

2 freezes 1st black screen, 

loading parties dlc hometown 

wired connection

ps3120gb 2 yrs old slim

disc version NY

frozen screen players all frozen dlc bus depot

team just killed 2 people were killing 3 

rest info same.

Message 19 of 272 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
388 posts

Jan 4, 2014

1. What were you doing when the freeze/crash occurred (loading into a match or specific action in game)?

It happens randomly, I can be loading in, walking, dying, shooting, unlocking, re spawning, crafting. The freeze just strikes for no reason. Most of the freezes happen after being killed or a few seconds after respawning.

I mainly play interrogation (3/4) or Survivors (1/4)

Always DLC, the DLC maps are too well designed to go back to base maps. Occasionally we'll vote for a base map.

Went hardcore survivors today. I experienced only one freeze today in survivor bookstore. Last man standing 1v1, got shortied. Died. Round lost. Then froze at start of the third match in the black screen.

Happens in any map though I've experienced it most in bookstore (although we vote a lot for bookstore to abuse the box imbalance Smiley Embarassed), hometown, Bills, and lakeside.

The freeze strikes either way

I mainly play with my cousin in a party of 2. He is about 90 miles away. Same internet service and he runs a 14-16 dl, 3-4 ul wireless connection. I run a 16-20 dl, 3-5 ul wired connection. We play around 2:30-5:00 pm pacific. Generally no one else is "on the line"(hehe) at that time.

Also we never freeze at the same time, though we may disconnect at the same time. I'll freeze/disconnect and he'll stay in the match or vice versa.

Looking back, it does seem my freezes/disconnects increase when I'm in a party.

It can freeze at the start of the first match of the day or it can be several rounds in. It just seems to happens randomly.

We mainly play interrogation DLC playlist. It just strikes randomely to either of us. TLOU is probably the only game my cousin and I play. Other than that netflix/'hulu plus

250gb Slim

California, East Bay.

I got hard wired in hopes of helping with the freezing and disconnects, which did work for a while but since the latest patch the freezing is now at the same frequency as it was when I was wireless.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bring the Carlton to TLOU

Message 20 of 272 (578 Views)
0 Likes