Lombax Warrior
78 posts

Re: MP Freeze/Crash Report

Jan 4, 2014

1. What were you doing when the freeze/crash occurred (loading into a match or specific action in game)?
I was walking towards supply box

2. What playlist were you in or loading into?

Supply raid non-dlc.

3. What map were you in or loading into?

Dam

4. Did you late join the match or not?

No

5. Were you in a party? If so, how many people in the party and were you the party lead or not?

I was in party of four, I wasn't party lead.

6. How long were you playing MP before you crashed or about how many matches did you play?

Something around 10 matches.

7. What playlist and game did you play just before the crash?

Same as the game in which crash occured.

8. What’s the model of your PS3?

Super slim

9. What region are you playing the game in? Please list the BLUS number on the spine of your disc case if possible.

Europe, BCES - 01585

10. Are you playing over WiFi or hard-wired connection?

WiFi but on hard-wired connection I have those issues too.

Message 21 of 272 (567 Views)
Fender Bender
2477 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2014

The screen froze in-game. I just burned 2 ppl with flamethrower, was picking up my parts, then the freeze occured during the relaoding animation for my flame thrower.

Interrogation DLC

Bus Depot

No

5. Were you in a party? If so, how many people in the party and were you the party lead or not?

Party of 4, but AK just previously left (kicked, freeze, backed out? not sure). So at the time of the freeze it was a party of 3. I was not party leader

6. How long were you playing MP before you crashed or about how many matches did you play?

About an hour total, but at one point we all signed out of PSN so we could re-group. So maybe 2-3 matches in after we all logged off/ back in.

Match before freeze was DLC Interrogation, same as the freeze match

120 gig fatty

9. What region are you playing the game in? Please list the BLUS number on the spine of your disc case if possible.

1, BCUS. Atlanta GA

Wired

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 22 of 272 (532 Views)
Sackboy
486 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2014

1. What were you doing when the freeze/crash occurred (loading into a match or specific action in game)?

Shived an enemy, moved a few steps toward a supply box and froze.

No party Interrogation.

Bill's Town.

No late join.

No party.

First match i played.

None

PS3 40go Phat model.

Europe, France BCES 01585

Wired

All in all it can happen in many different situations, got some who happen straight after the loading, leaving me with a frozen black screen, happened in matches i joined as well, faster being me joining, moving for about 10 seconds and freezing.

Message 23 of 272 (531 Views)
Limit Breaker
17632 posts

Jan 4, 2014

MacGruber310 wrote:

Hi TLOU MP Community!  We are trying to track down the reported freezes and crashes in multiplayer.

Welcome to the busiest thread on the forums.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 24 of 272 (525 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11601 posts

Jan 4, 2014
@gunns

The game kicked me out. I was the only one that was kicked out, not losing connection to the host.

I guess I was too good.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 25 of 272 (524 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Jan 4, 2014
SMH at this entire thread.

With all the little issues that can be fixed with a simple codd change, the Dev team is going to waste time compiling data for an issue that is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to diagnose and fix.
Message 26 of 272 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11601 posts

Jan 4, 2014

A_Nerd_Slapper wrote:
MacGruber this is a pointless thread.

The freezing and crashing is caused by a PSN issue. Every single Multiplayer game played on the PSN is subject to this crashing. It occurs when a Host abruptly exits a match and migration fails. (This is common because of the need for wannabe elite players to rage quit). Your PS3 will continually send outgoing data requests to the last known host. No response is ever made because, host has disconnected from PSN; and migration failed. I can literally write a 2 page list of MP games that this freezing issue occurs with.

The only "fixes" you and your team can implement are...

A) Create a Goto screen for when Host Migration fails. (This may prevent systems from continually looping host request, but will not fix crashes to XMB bar)

B) Address the nature of rage quitting. There is no penalty for signing out of PSN mid game. Everyone does it. This is the main reason for such freezes and crashes.

Unless you plan on helping SCEA rewrite their network, this is futile waste of resources on your teams part. Give the god **bleep** Machete lower loadout points already. How long does that take? 2 days?

What?

No, this isn't a PSN issue. 

I've never had any other game cause so many console freezes and black screens as this game after a certain live update (don't remember which one)

Before that update, freezes and black screens did happen, but were very rare. 

It has something to do with the game's coding, not PSN's

Instead of a technical fix, you want them to do a balancing one? 

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 27 of 272 (504 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7086 posts

Jan 4, 2014

well to be fair, out of all the games I played on my ps3 for years and years, I only had 2 games freeze more than 1-2 times while playing it. That was Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us, and while UC3 wasn't too bad, it still happened a handful of times to get annoying, and well we are all experiencing how often it happens on TLoU.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 28 of 272 (494 Views)
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Jan 4, 2014
Im sorry but when you have players abruptly signing out of PSN midgame because of whatever asinine reason, you're going to get these crashes.

Message 29 of 272 (562 Views)
Wastelander
738 posts

Jan 4, 2014
I believe Slapper is right. The vast majority of games out frozen in, my team was beating the other one by a wide margin and people start quitting. I've had so many occasions where I've gotten a hadshot on someone, just to freeze a couple of seconds after.
Message 30 of 272 (552 Views)
0 Likes