Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
63 posts

Re: MP Freeze/Crash Report

Jan 6, 2014
Happened to me again, almost the same thing as what I posted before expect it was on Bills town this time. Suriviors, no party, round ended, screen faded to black and stayed that way.
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 253 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
336 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2014

Was playing Solo in interrogation DLC. Between 9-11 am pacific.

My PS3 was fresh, first match I experienced a disconnect, second match I finished, third match I disconnected again. Finished two more matches and on the next one I froze.

Hometown. My teammatews and I had just just been killed after getting two notches. I froze about 10 seconds after respawn. While walking to my box I saw an enemy at the "mechanic shop," shot him as I was standing by the front of the firetruck, and froze as I was picking up my ammo & supply kill reward.

IMG_2825.JPG

Pressed power button to reset my PS3 250gb slim. In about 5 minutes I went back into the interrogation DLC rotation and late joined into a bookstore match. I froze like a minute into the match.

I picked up my first box and was making my way to the second box at the counter area. By the time I reached the end of that first barrier I saw some guy pop his head out at the counter, I headshotted and downed him. Another guy was trying to shoot me from the center counter area. I took cover behind that luggage. I headshotted him two times. First time, or a very very long time, I think I get two consecutive headshots so quickly.

I froze as I was picking up my supplies from my second supply box. The first guy I downed had just died like a second prior, I'm sure the guy behind me or upstairs wwere making their way to the guy in the middle I had just downed.

IMG_2826.JPG

Again got up to reset my PS3. First time I experience back to back freezes. Normally I can do 2-3 matches before I experience another freeze or disconnect,

About 5 minutes again I was back into Interrogation DLC searching for match but decided to just stop playing but thought maybe I'd take a picture of my connection test. I still hadn't paired up with anyone when I held the PS button to just quit THE GAME. So this test is about 6-8 minutes after restarting my PS3. I am on a wired connection

IMG_2827.JPG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bring the Carlton to TLOU

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 253 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
720 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2014

I crashed when my mom was on the phone, but that's because the phone is connected with the internet.

Former Forum Tag Champion

*The L in alex is an i.
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 253 (346 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 6, 2014

1. What were you doing when the freeze/crash occurred (loading into a match or specific action in game)?

Loading into a match

2. What playlist were you in or loading into?

Survivors DLC

3. What map were you in or loading into?

Bus Depot

4. Did you late join the match or not?

No

5. Were you in a party? If so, how many people in the party and were you the party lead or not?

No

6. How long were you playing MP before you crashed or about how many matches did you play?

2nd match of the day

7. What playlist and game did you play just before the crash?

Survivor DLC

8. What’s the model of your PS3?

Slim 120 GB

9. What region are you playing the game in? Please list the BLUS number on the spine of your disc case if possible.

EU

10. Are you playing over WiFi or hard-wired connection?

Wired

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 253 (307 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jan 7, 2014

I'm not going to answer the 10 questions because I don't have 1 example.

However, I'll give you full details.

When playing single story mode, I completed it on normal and never had problems.  I've started playing normal plus but went straight to online multiplayer.

I first played survivor and had loads of fun.  I think on the rarest of occasions I would suddenly be kicked from a match or lose connection to host.  It was so rare it was not annoying.

Since I enjoy this game so much I bought the 4 new maps and have also now been playing supply raid.  since then, I believe it has been happening a lot more regularly,

I'd still have the rare lose connection to host or being kicked, but now the game is just freezing and I have to reset the PS3.  It freezes at very random moments and even before the match starts.

The worst part is I lose my one use booster.  They're only small and insignificant bonuses to a match but it's annoying to lose them in such a way.

I have definietely seen an increase since adding the DLC maps.

I've seen somewhere that you can rebuild the database of your PS3 but I have saved a lot of music for BGM for Tekken Tag 2 so I don't want to lose that yet.

Would love to know how to stop this freezing.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 253 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Jan 7, 2014
I am not spewing nonesense at all. This is incredibly hard to fix. The best case scenario is getting a lower number of reported crashes/freezes. A good easy start to fixing these issues is changing the nature of rage quitting.

Placing a punishment on PSN sign-out quitters by giving them 0 supplies, or give them credit for a full 15:00 match with 0 kills 0 deaths. (Effectly hurting their KD ration)

I have 25+ years of picking apart computers since the Commodore 64. Besides my B.S.C.S hanging in my poor excuse for an office is proof enough that I am not just talking.

If this is nothing more than data piling by ND to see a pattern with the crashes, thats fine. But I see this as a waste of time for something that is a pipe dream to fix. There are so many other fixable issues.

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 253 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Jan 7, 2014
Regardless if anyone wants to believe me or even acknowledge what I am saying... There is a simple fact behind these freezes.

Rage quitters abruptly signing out of PSN is causing majority of these crashes. Every now and then ONE of those rage quitters is going to be the host and cause multiple host migrations in a match (especially if the host quit and the next host candidate quit cause they are partied)

Punish rage quitters and you will see an improvement.
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 253 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1067 posts

Jan 7, 2014
But but rage quitters are people tooo!

In all seriousness, quitting should be punished very strongly.
I once heard that a king cobra bit a high ping player.......sorry to say that after five days of grueling agonizing pain.....that cobra has died.
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 253 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
441 posts

Jan 7, 2014
quitters are already punished though.
you have to differentiate between those who quit the match, the right way, by accepting they will lose survivors and those who just shut their system/sign off.
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 253 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16248 posts

Jan 8, 2014

TvvistedMind wrote:
quitters are already punished though.
you have to differentiate between those who quit the match, the right way, by accepting they will lose survivors and those who just shut their system/sign off.

Losing survivors.  Yeah, that's a brutal punishment.  Ouch.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 253 (227 Views)
0 Likes